Garcia/Lomachenko at 140...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia/Lomachenko at 140...

No, not Mikey. Danny. Hear me out.

Danny Garcia held his own against Matthysse, who was not a soft touch.

Danny Garcia was able to spark Amir Khan, who was blitz fast and elusive at first, eventually able to catch him cold.

Danny Garcia did not quit after getting outclassed by Keith Thurman despite one judge giving him a gift scorecard.

Loma likes to pivot to his right a lot. We saw him do that numerous times, and certainly against Rigo.

Picture, if you will, Loma pivoting right into one of Garcia's trademark "****** Left" haymakers, or trying that flurry crap against him when he just walks through punches like this.

Loma boxes his ears off and makes him quit late

Comment

Originally posted by larry glaskow View Post
      I don't see it. Not Garcia. Thurman couldn't do it, Khan couldn't do it, Lucas couldn't do it.

Loma has speed and accuracy. But with Garcia, it only takes one "no look left hook" to end Loma's night.

Comment

Garcia salido's him. Hell even Robert Garcia would beat loma right now

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure

Originally posted by larry glaskow View Post
          Lomachenko is a month older than Garcia, and walked into the ring for his last fight at maybe 140lbs (Danny Garcia likely walked into the ring for the Thurman fight near 160lbs).

You add that Garcia is still a fundamentally sound fighter, Lomachenko doesn't really hit that hard at even 135lbs, and Garcia will land on anything that comes open.

Lomachenko doesn't want that smoke

Comment

Garcia doesnt have a good enough offense to catch lomachenko. Loma doesnt hit really hard but he has superior boxing skills to anyone he steps in the ring with basically. He would make DSG miss and just hit him from all angles.

Comment

Garcia too slow footed. He gets Rigondeaux'd.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                Garcia doesnt have a good enough offense to catch lomachenko. Loma doesnt hit really hard but he has superior boxing skills to anyone he steps in the ring with basically. He would make DSG miss and just hit him from all angles.
                Et tu, Russ? Look at your gif and I'm glad you posted here.

Loma's face is WIDE OPEN on the right side while he's pivoting the jab. Overlay that with my gif of Garcia's "no look left hook" that he throws despite punches coming at him, and tell me how Loma doesn't go to sleep if he tried that crap against Garcia.

Remember, Garcia doesn't bother trying to avoid punches. He just prepares to take them while throwing his own. He did it all night against Thurman, a MUCH harder puncher than Loma.

Comment

Think Danny is too big. I'm more interested in the Mikey fight. They're closer in size and skill.

Plus Danny needs a few fights to rebuild his career. He's way too risky for most fighters right now.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Think Danny is too big. I'm more interested in the Mikey fight. They're closer in size and skill.

Plus Danny needs a few fights to rebuild his career. He's way too risky for most fighters right now.
                    Problem with Mikey is that he's learned about letting fights marinate, so expect disappointment in his opposition for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X