No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Dude isn't even a Canelo fan. He's a bitter Ward fan that hates GGG and will argue anything against GGG, even if it contradicts his personal opinion. I mean, you'll notice one or two of his posts on this thread where he is very critical of CWs, even saying he hopes he never sees another, yet argues the point that GGG should have offered Canelo a CW...
    wow....so now if you disagree with something you arent allowed to accept that it happens and people should adapt to it

so this guy disagrees and doesnt like catchweights? ok....does that mean he should pretend CW fights dont happen? because fighters wont stop making them just because he doesnt like them....

so in the instance where canelo WAS making CW fights....and golovkin was saying he wanted big fights and seemed kind desperate for one...one might logically conclude that golovkin probably could have tried to make a CW fight....

i dont like paying taxes.....i dont like clearing the mountain of snow from my driveway im going to have later today......but uhhhhh....it still snows and they still take taxes out of my check every week

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      wow....so now if you disagree with something you arent allowed to accept that it happens and people should adapt to it

so this guy disagrees and doesnt like catchweights? ok....does that mean he should pretend CW fights dont happen? because fighters wont stop making them just because he doesnt like them....

so in the instance where canelo WAS making CW fights....and golovkin was saying he wanted big fights and seemed kind desperate for one...one might logically conclude that golovkin probably could have tried to make a CW fight....

i dont like paying taxes.....i dont like clearing the mountain of snow from my driveway im going to have later today......but uhhhhh....it still snows and they still take taxes out of my check every week
      Are you saying fans should adapt to title fights being fought at CW's?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        Are you saying fans should adapt to title fights being fought at CW's?
        yup....just like i adapt to weather and other circumstances i dont like

one can disagree with CW's and think theyre stupid but accept they happen and arent likely to go away....and that if an A-side is making CW fights and some other guy is desperate for a big fight that the b-side guy should probably try to offer a CW...especially if the b-side guy has said "i can make 154"

Comment

• try talking a looking at the situation without bias

canelo is out there making MW title fights at CW's...now the guy he got the belt from won the belt at CW also

golovkin has been out there saying "i can do 154 easily for a big fight"....2015 golovkin still doesnt have jacobs on his resume...still doesnt have canelo...hes looking for a big fight......so why not offer the CW and ask for an exception on your belts and dont put them on the line? or even drop them? cause in reality you dont even need them(and till this day he still doesnt have all 4 like he claimed he needed to have for his dream to come true)....canelo had the WBC and was lineal.....thats all golovkin really needed

making matters worse is golovkin said at a presser for the brook fight "i can make 154 but who? who will fight me"....this is all after the cotto and canelo nonsense and refusal to even consider a CW for those guys

doesnt mean you cant disagree with CWs ...but you accept the reality of the situation...which is a problem for a lot of people around here

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            just like I thought, a ****-talking muppet.....

you're lucky that I did not ask you the questions below, or you would be having an aneurysm..... like Gloveking

so, you clowns want to run around asking me the dumbest questions ever..... but when it comes time to answer my questions, you take your toys and go home ?

those questions are reasonable, and your refusal to answer them..... was not reasonable

what happened to..... can someone please explain to aboutfkntime?

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

Ok so your saying Canelo wanted a catchweight fight with G and was willing to put up his JW title as the prize?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Ok so your saying Canelo wanted a catchweight fight with G and was willing to put up his JW title as the prize?
              no...im saying when canelo has his WBC title....golovkin came out and said "i wont fight him at a CW"....im not even saying canelo would have agreed....but golovkin came out and said he refused to negotiate a CW fight for the WBC title

WBC title was defended something like 5x in a row at a CW....

now let me ask you this also....what did golovkin need the other belts he has now? the ibf and wba? he doesnt need them.....he still doesnt have the WBO.....he was supposed to be chasing all these belts to fulfill his dream(thats the line his fans sold to everyone while he was ducking lara and ward)

the WBC and lineal would have been enough to serve him just as well now...he could have dumped his other belts and asked for a CW fight for the WBC title with canelo...or even asked to have an exception where he didnt want to put them on the line......

golovkin still hasnt unified anything and from what we can gather, today, hes chasing a canelo rematch over saunders.......which suggests golovkin doesnt really need or want saunders title to be considered the best MW...most recognize him as the MW guy anyway

Comment

no...im saying when canelo has his WBC title....golovkin came out and said "i wont fight him at a CW"....im not even saying canelo would have agreed....but golovkin came out and said he refused to negotiate a CW fight for the WBC title

WBC title was defended something like 5x in a row at a CW....

now let me ask you this also....what did golovkin need the other belts he has now? the ibf and wba? he doesnt need them.....he still doesnt have the WBO.....he was supposed to be chasing all these belts to fulfill his dream(thats the line his fans sold to everyone while he was ducking lara and ward)

the WBC and lineal would have been enough to serve him just as well now...he could have dumped his other belts and asked for a CW fight for the WBC title with canelo...or even asked to have an exception where he didnt want to put them on the line......

golovkin still hasnt unified anything and from what we can gather, today, hes chasing a canelo rematch over saunders.......which suggests golovkin doesnt really need or want saunders title to be considered the best MW...most recognize him as the MW guy anyway
                Look at the difference in revenue for the Canelo fight versus the Saunders fight. Most guys would go after the big money over unification. As a fan I didn't want him to fight Canelo over Saunders but I'm not the guy taking a pay cut worth millions of dollars. If he would have fought Saunders and won that would put Canelo in a weaker bargaing position if he wanted the Middleweight title. The writing was in the wall because Canelo was
                fighting over the JM weight limit in a lot of his fights. Moving up would probably be unavoidable. Golovkin also said in an interview on ESPN that he would only cut weight for Floyd. Middleweight fighters historically rarely cut weight to fight in a lower division. Especially ones that are getting older. It's damned hard for an aging natural MW to drop weight and still be sharp. Are there mixed messages from his camp? Apparently. Since I believe title fights shouldn't be fought at catchweights I side with Golovkin on this issue.

Comment

Look at the difference in revenue for the Canelo fight versus the Saunders fight. Most guys would go after the big money over unification. As a fan I didn't want him to fight Canelo over Saunders but I'm not the guy taking a pay cut worth millions of dollars. If he would have fought Saunders and won that would put Canelo in a weaker bargaing position if he wanted the Middleweight title. The writing was in the wall because Canelo was
                  fighting over the JM weight limit in a lot of his fights. Moving up would probably be unavoidable. Golovkin also said in an interview on ESPN that he would only cut weight for Floyd. Middleweight fighters historically rarely cut weight to fight in a lower division. Especially ones that are getting older. It's damned hard for an aging natural MW to drop weight and still be sharp. Are there mixed messages from his camp? Apparently. Since I believe title fights shouldn't be fought at catchweights I side with Golovkin on this issue.
                  theres also a video of him at a presser for the brook fight(this is after he refused CW for canelo) saying "i can do 154 but who? who will fight me".......AFT has posted it in the thread several times........it seems golovkin camp has a road they want to go and they seem to say whatever they want in any given week even if its different than what they said last week.....and no one seems to mind or call them out on it......

even if hes thinking "only for floyd" to cut to 154....floyd was never going to fight him....canelo was the next best thing and the only thing close to floyd he is/was ever going to get....why not make the same sacrifice for canelo and have maybe have the fight two years earlier? afterall floyd whitewashed canelo anyway?

the reality is golovkins side was afraid to call canelos bluff and risk pissing golden boy/oscar off....i dont believe canelos people wanted the fight two years ago for obvious reasons(same type of reasons golovkin didnt want ward but canelo gets murdered and golovkin gets excuses).....but golovkin could have called bluff....but the truth is he knew eventually espn and hbo and the media were going to pressure canelo into it anyway over time and it would under his terms.....so he didnt wanna risk ostracizing golden boy
                  Last edited by Curt Henning; 01-04-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

theres also a video of him at a presser for the brook fight(this is after he refused CW for canelo) saying "i can do 154 but who? who will fight me".......AFT has posted it in the thread several times........it seems golovkin camp has a road they want to go and they seem to say whatever they want in any given week even if its different than what they said last week.....and no one seems to mind or call them out on it......

even if hes thinking "only for floyd" to cut to 154....floyd was never going to fight him....canelo was the next best thing and the only thing close to floyd he is/was ever going to get....why not make the same sacrifice for canelo and have maybe have the fight two years earlier? afterall floyd whitewashed canelo anyway?

the reality is golovkins side was afraid to call canelos bluff and risk pissing golden boy/oscar off....i dont believe canelos people wanted the fight two years ago for obvious reasons(same type of reasons golovkin didnt want ward but canelo gets murdered and golovkin gets excuses).....but golovkin could have called bluff....but the truth is he knew eventually espn and hbo and the media were going to pressure canelo into it anyway over time and it would under his terms.....so he didnt wanna risk ostracizing golden boy
                    So it sounds like boxing politics at it's finest. I think G would have got murdered if he had fought five bouts at a catchweight of 161 pounds and had moved up to LH for one fight. Putting that aside hopefully the rematch will be controversy free. LOL...

Comment

So it sounds like boxing politics at it's finest. I think G would have got murdered if he had fought five bouts at a catchweight of 161 pounds and had moved up to LH for one fight. Putting that aside hopefully the rematch will be controversy free. LOL...
                      LHW? i think even a guy like joe smith would eat golovkin at LHW....i think he could have competed at 168 with most guys cept ward.....im not saying ward would have even dominated him but i think he would have won fairly comfortably.....

Comment

Working...
                      X