Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he will be better at the weight this time around

no idea why he weighed so high for Chavez, he should have weighed 160

Canelo should be fighting 3 times a year, he should be taking one more fight against a lesser opponent

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      calling Canelo a middleweight was silly, only Golovkin fans were doing that
      http://www.ibtimes.com/boxing-rankings-2016-canelo-golovkin-pacquiao-highlight-pound-pound-top-10-2353327

Must have been written by a Golovkin fan...

Comment

that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard

how does the difference between 153.9 and 154.1, "make" anything?
        Since you chose to not understand the speeding analogy, may be you'll get this one. As I'm driving west along interstate 64 in Tennessee, I run into a sign. That brown signs reads, "Welcome to Central Time Zone". Now, if im 1ft in front of that sign, it's 7 o'clock, but if I'm 1ft behind that sign, it's 6 o'clock. By your logic, I've only travelled 2ft, how can that mean an hour difference? The truth is, which applies to 154.1 as well, is that you've crossed a line, and entered a different zone.

Hope that helps...

Comment

no, that is completely wrong

in ALL of Canelo's fights at 155, 2 fighters agreed..... every single one of Canelo's opponents agreed to fight him at 155, and ALL of them were JMW's except for Khan..... not one middleweight opponent

Canelo had never fought higher than 1 pound over the JMW limit, and he was fighting JMW's..... and yet, you guys were calling him a middleweight lol

and I know why

your post was completely incorrect

it was clearly obvious that Canelo could drop that extra pound, as he proved when he fought Smith at 154

calling Canelo a middleweight was silly, only Golovkin fans were doing that
          Canelo was dragging opponents from JMW to MW, I'm not wrong, I clearly stated the 2 fighters had to agree, did canelo and ggg agree to the upperweight of 155 no, so it's MW upper limit, exactly what you said, canelo is simply cherry picking from the division below, imagine ggg fought at 160.1 and was dragging MWs up, I would call him a SMW that was cherry picking, I bet you would too
          Last edited by Shape up; 01-01-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

casual-fans are totally clueless about styles/levels/weight
            For a supposed student of the game your remarkaly ignorant..

Comment

he will be better at the weight this time around

no idea why he weighed so high for Chavez, he should have weighed 160

Canelo should be fighting 3 times a year, he should be taking one more fight against a lesser opponent
              i think at this point for someone like canelo the problem becomes money

take a look at ward...ward made 13.5-14 for the kovalev fights....there arent any other fights out there for him to gou and make that money.....and its probably hard for him to "get up" for a fight thats going to pay him 2 million

i think the problem is it becomes harder to meet canelos asking price for a small fight and the chance nobody cares or buys......they were doing so well with their run of cotto, khan, chavez and golovkin that throwing a liam smith fight in there didnt hurt......but there probably isnt alot of room for many liam smith type fights with canelo because he prob isnt going to get up for these little paydays

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                http://www.ibtimes.com/boxing-rankings-2016-canelo-golovkin-pacquiao-highlight-pound-pound-top-10-2353327

Must have been written by a Golovkin fan...

must have been

at that point Canelo had only beaten lil 153lb Cotto

only a fkn idiot would call either of them middleweights.....

and if that author had been pressed, he would admit the same

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Since you chose to not understand the speeding analogy, may be you'll get this one. As I'm driving west along interstate 64 in Tennessee, I run into a sign. That brown signs reads, "Welcome to Central Time Zone". Now, if im 1ft in front of that sign, it's 7 o'clock, but if I'm 1ft behind that sign, it's 6 o'clock. By your logic, I've only travelled 2ft, how can that mean an hour difference? The truth is, which applies to 154.1 as well, is that you've crossed a line, and entered a different zone.

Hope that helps...

I think you are a story-telling ***wit, who has no idea what he is talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                    Canelo was dragging opponents from JMW to MW, I'm not wrong, I clearly stated the 2 fighters had to agree, did canelo and ggg agree to the upperweight of 155 no, so it's MW upper limit, exactly what you said, canelo is simply cherry picking from the division below, imagine ggg fought at 160.1 and was dragging MWs up, I would call him a SMW that was cherry picking, I bet you would too

he was not you fkn idiot

he was fighting JMW's, 1 pound over the limit

you story-telling clowns are being RIDICULOUS !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      i think at this point for someone like canelo the problem becomes money

take a look at ward...ward made 13.5-14 for the kovalev fights....there arent any other fights out there for him to gou and make that money.....and its probably hard for him to "get up" for a fight thats going to pay him 2 million

i think the problem is it becomes harder to meet canelos asking price for a small fight and the chance nobody cares or buys......they were doing so well with their run of cotto, khan, chavez and golovkin that throwing a liam smith fight in there didnt hurt......but there probably isnt alot of room for many liam smith type fights with canelo because he prob isnt going to get up for these little paydays

fair point there

Comment

Working...
                      X