Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    By 2015 GGG was lined up for a mandatory shot against Miguel Cotto. That kind of makes a big difference. Nevermind that Ward didn't make 168 in 2015 and hasn't done so since 2013.
    So Ward hadn't made 168 in a couple of years, but Golovkin wanted him to go to 164? That shows they were just blocking the fight. After Ward called him out, made the offer and exposed him as a full of **** bitch, Golovkin cried Ward wasn't a man to him anymore and hasn't mentioned him since.

Golovkin never wanted any part of Ward. He wanted to chat bollocks and Ward let them get away with it for a time. When he had enough and called the bitch out. The bitch ducked.

This argument started because you claimed Ward was mentioning Golovkin for publicity, when the opposite was true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      why are you still talking nonsense...and quoting me? i told u not to bother...you arent reasonable or sensible...you arent a boxing fan
      It is perfectly reasonable to question the ability of an inactive fighter to make a weight he hadn't made in a time period that while short for most people is an eternity to professional athletes. If he could have still made 168 if he wanted to then why didn't he fight Badou Jack or James DeGeale. They were quality fighters. Why was it Froch, GGG or move up? It is entirely unreasonable for you to expect us to take him at his word.

Comment

• Pac ducking Floyd easily. The no integrity having media let him get away with it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          So Ward hadn't made 168 in a couple of years, but Golovkin wanted him to go to 164? That shows they were just blocking the fight.
          No it doesn't because WARD said he could make 168 so then asking him to meet in the middle is fair. I don't think he could make the weight but that's just my opinion. If Ward says he could have made weight without a problem then he should be willing to meet GGG halfway.

This argument started because you claimed Ward was mentioning Golovkin for publicity, when the opposite was true.
          He absolutely was desperate for a piece of GGG's publicity. And there is nothing wrong with that. GGG was main eventing HBO cards and selling out arenas. Ward was sitting on his butt and fighting the least talented Smith brother in a half empty arena on the only boxing event ever put on BET. So I don't blame him for trying to catch GGG's lightning.

That isn't to say that I don't think Ward would win against GGG or that he wasn't interested in the fight. I never said either of those things. But to say he wasn't clinging to GGG for relevancy while he was fighting Dan Goosen is silly.

Comment

It is perfectly reasonable to question the ability of an inactive fighter to make a weight he hadn't made in a time period that while short for most people is an eternity to professional athletes. If he could have still made 168 if he wanted to then why didn't he fight Badou Jack or James DeGeale. They were quality fighters. Why was it Froch, GGG or move up? It is entirely unreasonable for you to expect us to take him at his word.
            nobody ever questioned can floyd make weight after his 2 year layoff.

you know why? because he always makes weight just like sog always made weight.

you making more excuses for golovkin than he made for his self

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              nobody ever questioned can floyd make weight after his 2 year layoff.

I wasn't active on this site at the time but I did. Furthermore, Floyd actually made the weight. Ward hadn't made the weight since 2013. I don't know about you but I think there is a huge difference between talking about making weight and actually making weight. And it isn't as if there weren't some good fighters at 168 at the time. James DeGeale was there. Badou Jack was there. The Dirrell Brothers were there. If making weight wasn't an issue and he really wanted the GGG fight why didn't he stick around, beat these other guys at 168 and keep banging the drum for a fight. He didn't. I think its because he knew 168 wasn't going to be easy for him to make if he was able to make it at all.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 12-23-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I wasn't active on this site at the time but I did. Furthermore, Floyd actually made the weight. Ward hadn't made the weight since 2013. I don't know about you but I think there is a huge difference between talking about making weight and actually making weight. And it isn't as if there weren't some good fighters at 168 at the time. James DeGeale was there. Badou Jack was there. The Dirrell Brothers were there. If making weight wasn't an issue and he really wanted the GGG fight why didn't he stick around, beat these other guys at 168 and keep banging the drum for a fight. He didn't. I think its because he knew 168 wasn't going to be easy for him to make if he was able to make it at all.

stick around at 168 and beat the drum for what? golovkin still hasnt moved up to 168. ward would have been wasting his time. instead ward went to 175 and made more money in 2 fights than ggg made in 10 fights. and beat a guy who was considered better than golovkin.

why would ward fight degale or jack instead of kovalev? its pretty obvious ward was chasing the biggest fight possible. that leads to golovkin moving up and getting that work at 168 or ward moving to 175 and giving kovalev that work.

degale and jack werent fights that anybody was calling for. the people wanted ward vs ggg or ward vs kovalev.

ward was willing to fight ggg at 168. team golovkin confirmed that they recieved a contract for 168 and a 50/50 split. which means ward was going to weigh in at 168.

his whole career says whatever the weighy is, he shows up on weight. not over.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  stick around at 168 and beat the drum for what? golovkin still hasnt moved up to 168.
                  ward would have been wasting his time.
                  So fights with James DeGeale, the Dirrell Brothers and Badou Jack were wastes of Ward's time now. Is it time for us to start saying Ward ducked them? These guys were and still are solid young fighters. Fighting them and beating them would never be a waste of time.

instead ward went to 175 and made more money in 2 fights than ggg made in 10 fights.
                  And GGG stayed at 160 and had a more high profile that probably sold 10x more PPVs than both of Ward's fights with Kovalev combined.

and beat a guy who was considered better than golovkin.
                  Kovalev was thought of as bigger and stronger than GGG but not better.
                  why would ward fight degale or jack instead of kovalev?
                  Why would GGG move up to fight Ward when Canelo and Cotto were legit possibilities? At one point GGG was the mandatory for both guys and he eventually fought Canelo.
                  its pretty obvious ward was chasing the biggest fight possible. that leads to golovkin moving up and getting that work at 168 or ward moving to 175 and giving kovalev that work.
                  So was GGG. Why is it ok for Ward to duck guys at 168 to look for the biggest possible fight but not ok for GGG to stay at his own weight and look for the biggest possible fight?
                  degale and jack werent fights that anybody was calling for. the people wanted ward vs ggg or ward vs kovalev.
                  No one wanted Ward vs. GGG. Well people did but there weren't a lot of people. Mostly just a handful of hardcore boxing fans and some guys who are angry at A)a white guy being so popular or B) a black guy who thinks he's better than a white guy. The hardcore fans would remain fans of GGG no matter what because of the kind of fighter he is. The latter 2 groups can go f-themselves.

ward was willing to fight ggg at 168. team golovkin confirmed that they recieved a contract for 168 and a 50/50 split. which means ward was going to weigh in at 168.
                  Team Golovkin confirmed that the offer was received after GGG signed a deal to fight Lemieux.
                  his whole career says whatever the weighy is, he shows up on weight. not over.
                  Talk is cheap. He hasn't made 168 since 2013.

Comment

Working...
                  X