Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
    Ward comes to my mind immediately. He made a fake offer to GGG, moved up 2 days later and claimed King G is ducking. In reality Ward was hiding more than 3 years.
    Triple jab shouldve actually took a risk with his career and fought ward at 168. He could actually make that weight but no he didnt want to.

Comment

Floyd ducking the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        mosley ducked floyd.

hbo tried to make mayweather vs mosley in 2006. mosley said he was going on vacation and needed time off.

thats a duck

https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

1 minute mark, merchant pressed shane about a floyd fight and as the video clearly shows, mosley wanted no smoke
        Floyd ducked first. Here is an excerpt from a Mosley interview explaining the ordeal.

Q: After you challenged him, a week later, Mayweather wished you good luck in your career which seemed to indicate he’s not interested in fighting you. He also mentioned that he challenged you twice, and he claims that you turned him down back in 1999 and again in 2006. Did you really turn him down?

A: Like I said, he’s really a liar. He likes to lie a lot. In 1999 there’s a film where he’s fighting in Michigan when he was fighting at 130 and I was fighting at 135, and I asked him, like when HBO does the prefight analysts talk to the fighters before they fight. I talked to him, and hopefully it’s recorded somewhere—I think it was on FX—I asked him, “Are you planning on coming up to lightweight to fight me?” And he said, “No,” He had no intention of coming to lightweight to fight me, he wanted t beat Carlos Monzon’s record. He didn’t want to come to lightweight. That’s when I jumped from lightweight to welterweight to fight Oscar De La Hoya. That was the first incident that he’s talking about, so he turned me down in 1999.

Now, the other time he’s talking about is when I fought three times—one, two, three, back-to-back-to-back—and they tried to rush me to fight him right away, like two or three months later. I said, give me a month, and we’ll do it like, I think it was in January—I said, “We’ll do it in January”. They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.” They didn’t want to do that. So they chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya. I said, “Go ahead and fight Oscar, and if you beat Oscar, then let’s get busy. Let’s do this.” He beat Oscar—he didn’t want to fight me.

He’s been turning me down. I hate when he continues to say, “Oh, he turned me down because of a tooth ache”. Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him.” He didn’t want to fight me, which was cool. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money. Okay. That’s cool, but after that fight if you win—fight me. He didn’t want to do that. He chose to retire or fight somebody else. I’m getting tired of that lie! They need to wipe that lie out of there. The reporters and stuff, they keep saying it, so that lie needs to be talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Pacquiao.

Afraid of needles.
          Giving blood makes me weak.
          Let the commission do their job.
          We need an outdoor arena.
          7 months for a cut to heal.
          "I waited for the right time. And turned that 60 million dollar fight into a 600 million dollar one." - Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

There should only be one name at the top of this list.

KELL BROOK

Rios
            Alexander
            Chaves
            Bradley
            Vargas
            Cotto

Don't tell me it's a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Floyd ducked first. Here is an excerpt from a Mosley interview explaining the ordeal.

Q: After you challenged him, a week later, Mayweather wished you good luck in your career which seemed to indicate he’s not interested in fighting you. He also mentioned that he challenged you twice, and he claims that you turned him down back in 1999 and again in 2006. Did you really turn him down?

A: Like I said, he’s really a liar. He likes to lie a lot. In 1999 there’s a film where he’s fighting in Michigan when he was fighting at 130 and I was fighting at 135, and I asked him, like when HBO does the prefight analysts talk to the fighters before they fight. I talked to him, and hopefully it’s recorded somewhere—I think it was on FX—I asked him, “Are you planning on coming up to lightweight to fight me?” And he said, “No,” He had no intention of coming to lightweight to fight me, he wanted t beat Carlos Monzon’s record. He didn’t want to come to lightweight. That’s when I jumped from lightweight to welterweight to fight Oscar De La Hoya. That was the first incident that he’s talking about, so he turned me down in 1999.

Now, the other time he’s talking about is when I fought three times—one, two, three, back-to-back-to-back—and they tried to rush me to fight him right away, like two or three months later. I said, give me a month, and we’ll do it like, I think it was in January—I said, “We’ll do it in January”. They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.” They didn’t want to do that. So they chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya. I said, “Go ahead and fight Oscar, and if you beat Oscar, then let’s get busy. Let’s do this.” He beat Oscar—he didn’t want to fight me.

He’s been turning me down. I hate when he continues to say, “Oh, he turned me down because of a tooth ache”. Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him.” He didn’t want to fight me, which was cool. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money. Okay. That’s cool, but after that fight if you win—fight me. He didn’t want to do that. He chose to retire or fight somebody else. I’m getting tired of that lie! They need to wipe that lie out of there. The reporters and stuff, they keep saying it, so that lie needs to be talked about.
              The Floyd-Pac was even more obvious. "Waited for the right time to turn a 60 million dollar fight to a 600 million one."

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                False, Pac was the one ducking.

If he wanted to fight why wouldn't he just take the drug tests? Why would he want an outrageous 50/50 split?

Freddie roach even said it was their fault the fight didn't happen earlier.
                Floyd already said he "marinated" the fight for five years so it would make more money. Insisted that he was the smart one. I can list at least ten excuses he used to move the goal line and duck that fight while Pac was still prime.

Immediately after they settled out of court for Floyd false accusations, Manny agreed to testing and Floyd went on the excuse trail. TBE...The Best Excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  "I waited for the right time. And turned that 60 million dollar fight into a 600 million dollar one." - Floyd Mayweather.
                  Yep the fight was worthless after Pacquiao got KTFO. Mayweather waited for him to capture some steam again. I'm talking about before he got KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    The Floyd-Pac was even more obvious. "Waited for the right time to turn a 60 million dollar fight to a 600 million one."
                    Exactly! He said, "Why don't we just say I was smart" with regard to "marinating" the fight for five years.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      according to boxingscene you can.
                      Unfortunately you're right.

Comment

Working...
                      X