Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quillin tried to pull this crap with Golovkin, only to admit later on that he avoided Golovkin because the money offered wasn't worth the health risks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      I think that's partly down to Floyd wanting to show he's a great business man.

I think there's enough evidence there to suggest both sides were at fault for it not happening earlier, if you look at it objectively anyway.
      Man stop deflecting. The man said it himself. Yeah great business man I'll give you that. But what CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH IS HIM ADMITTING that he purposely waited it out to increase the revenue, what interpretation can you get from that when he said it flat out?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Quillin tried to pull this crap with Golovkin, only to admit later on that he avoided Golovkin because the money offered wasn't worth the health risks.
        Well good thing Jacobs drained his ass down the drain first for even lesser money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Either you are blind or just playing stupid. Who said this during the Canelo-Golovkin interview.

"I waited for the right time, I turned that 60 million dollar fight into a 600 million dollar one. It's all about timing."

You are a liar.
          He did not say he ducked the fight, only pointed out that it became a much bigger fight than the original estimates for it were in 2009/10, which is objectively true.

It is documented that Pac and Roach both stated that he was afraid of needles and that giving blood inhibits his ability to train/fight.

No one would accept that excuse from anyone else today and no one should accept it from Pacman either.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Man stop deflecting. The man said it himself. Yeah great business man I'll give you that. But what CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH IS HIM ADMITTING that he purposely waited it out to increase the revenue, what interpretation can you get from that when he said it flat out?
            It was Pacquiao that turned down the testing. Mayweather didn't know Pacquiao would do that did he?

If Pacquiao accepted the testing the fight would have happened. You know it.

Comment

Takes a real fan boy to hear them say that they cannot do drug testing for the most obviously bogus reasons and blame the OTHER guy for that.

Now it happens that as a result of the fight not happening when it happened originally, it blew up in sales. But it could have and would have happened earlier if Pacquiao agreed to submit to drug testing that would be considered standard in a championship fight today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                When Ward made it clear that he'd be willing to fight GGG at 168, GGG and his team repeatedly stated that they want "50/50" across the board, including weight. They did so on ESPN and in media interviews.

The request for a 164lb fight was a clear duck by GGG and only GGG fanboys can't see this. I say this in spite of the fact that I voted for GGG as FOTY in 2017. I don't dislike him, I just know when to praise what he does and when to admonish what he does.

He and his team did not want to fight Ward at 168 when that fight was available, period.

People will desperately try to make it like Floyd ducked Pacquiao somehow

They are both a bit culpable imo, but Pac more so easily.
                Yet Ward was willing to come down to 160 to fight Floyd but not GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  He did not say he ducked the fight, only pointed out that it became a much bigger fight than the original estimates for it were in 2009/10, which is objectively true.

It is documented that Pac and Roach both stated that he was afraid of needles and that giving blood inhibits his ability to train/fight.

No one would accept that excuse from anyone else today and no one should accept it from Pacman either.
                  "I marinated the fight." - Floyd Mayweather: Bob's interpretation: He didn't duck the fight.

Now you are just in denial. Floyd stated it HIMSELF that he purposely waited it out to increase the revenue. Nothing more can you interpret from it.

What more can you see from that statement?
                  "It's all about timing" : Admitting that the timing wasn't right for the fight to happen, thus purposely delaying it.

"Turned the 60 million dollar fight into a 600 million one": Admitting his reasons why he didn't fight Pacquiao. Nothing more you can add other than interpret it as him purposely delaying the fight.

Pacquiao also accepted Floyd May's initial terms after initially rejecting it but Floyd added more demands, then more road blocks from floyd, then the rest is history. Which supports his 2016 statement about the fight.
                  Last edited by Thraxox; 12-22-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    It was Pacquiao that turned down the testing. Mayweather didn't know Pacquiao would do that did he?

Then Floyd used banned IVs? What a BS!!!

Manny you are a cheat ... you wanna still fight? - Floyd

Manny you are a cheat ... you wanna still fight? - Oscar

Manny you are a cheat ... you wanna still fight? - Uncle Roger

Manny you are a cheat ... you wanna still fight? - Floyd Sr

Manny you are a cheat ... you wanna still fight? - Ellerbe

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Yeah, I should believe you than the man who he himself admitted on "marinating" the fight for 5 years to increase the revenue.

Comment

Working...
                      X