Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IronDanHamza

Hopkins ducked Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Pacquiao.

Afraid of needles.
      Giving blood makes me weak.
      Let the commission do their job.
      We need an outdoor arena.
      7 months for a cut to heal.

like i said before, if i didn't say it before, i'll say it again, but if i did say it before, i'll say it before i even get a chance to say it again...

Comment

Yep the fight was worthless after Pacquiao got KTFO. Mayweather waited for him to capture some steam again. I'm talking about before he got KTFO.
        AHAHAHAHHAHA. Even at the face of the truth you are still in denial. Floyd Mayweather HIMSELF told that 2009-2010 fight was just a 60 million dollar fight and that he waited it out to "turn it" into a 600 million dollar fight.

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
          Ward comes to my mind immediately. He made a fake offer to GGG, moved up 2 days later and claimed King G is ducking. In reality Ward was hiding more than 3 years.
          When Ward made it clear that he'd be willing to fight GGG at 168, GGG and his team repeatedly stated that they want "50/50" across the board, including weight. They did so on ESPN and in media interviews.

The request for a 164lb fight was a clear duck by GGG and only GGG fanboys can't see this. I say this in spite of the fact that I voted for GGG as FOTY in 2017. I don't dislike him, I just know when to praise what he does and when to admonish what he does.

He and his team did not want to fight Ward at 168 when that fight was available, period.

Pacquiao.

Afraid of needles.
          Giving blood makes me weak.
          Let the commission do their job.
          We need an outdoor arena.
          7 months for a cut to heal.
          People will desperately try to make it like Floyd ducked Pacquiao somehow

They are both a bit culpable imo, but Pac more so easily.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-22-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Jones Faded? that is a ridiculous understatement on Jone's condition as a fighter in 2010.
            Yeah, by the time Hopkins agreed to rematch him, Jones was coming off a KO loss to Danny Green the year prior, his third KO loss. I recall watching them jaw at one another on ESPN interview where one of them finally got up and walked off because Hopkins wouldn't agree to a 60/40 split at that time. Can't recall the year but Jones was still prime at that time

Comment

AHAHAHAHHAHA. Even at the face of the truth you are still in denial. Floyd Mayweather HIMSELF told that 2009-2010 fight was just a 60 million dollar fight and that he waited it out to "turn it" into a 600 million dollar fight.
              No. He was talking about after Pacquiao got KTFO by JMM it was a 60 mil fight. Obviously he wasn't talking about before, because he offered Pacquiao 40 mil before.

Comment

I was not decided on the Floyd-Pacquiao situation since both have their faults. But what really convinced me when Floyd said he "I let that fight marinate and turn it from a 60 million dollar fight to a 600 million one." And was convinced Floyd avoided Pacquiao.
                I think that's partly down to Floyd wanting to show he's a great business man. Nobody would purposely "marinade" a fight for 5 years. Not even the great minds of the business world could predict 5 years ahead in a business as unstable as boxing.

I think there's enough evidence there to suggest both sides were at fault for it not happening earlier, if you look at it objectively anyway. Pac has a longer list of excuses though, that's clear to see.
                Last edited by TheBigLug; 12-22-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  When Ward made it clear that he'd be willing to fight GGG at 168, GGG and his team repeatedly stated that they want "50/50" across the board, including weight. They did so on ESPN and in media interviews.

This was a clear duck by GGG and only GGG fanboys can't see this. I say this in spite of the fact that I voted for GGG as FOTY in 2017. I don't dislike him, I just know when to acknowledge what he does and when to admonish what he does.

People will desperately try to make it like Floyd ducked Pacquiao somehow

They are both a bit culpable imo, but Pac more so easily.
                  Either you are blind or just playing stupid. Who said this during the Canelo-Golovkin interview.

"I waited for the right time, I turned that 60 million dollar fight into a 600 million dollar one. It's all about timing."

You are a liar.

Comment

Floyd DUCKED Manny for 6 years.

Manny eventually agreed to his drug testing BUT then Floyd moved on to another roadblock.

Floyd waited until Manny was no longer fighting like that prime version of Manny.

100% All Natural Floyd BS?
                    Then the excuse Floyd used to DUCK, was not a problem anymore. Floyd was OK with taking several BANNED IV bags!!!

After JMM and 2nd Bradley fight, then Floyd said he saw a different Manny.

Months after the Bradley fight, Floyd vs Manny fight was being negotiated.

Floyd comparing risky Manny vs Cotto and the Bradley vs Manny 2:
                    "I'm seeing something totally different in Pacquiao," Mayweather said.

Mayweather said he saw a much weaker Pacquiao April 12 in a decision win against Timothy Bradley than the one who stopped Miguel Cotto in the 12th round of a 2009 bout.

"I don't see the same pop in Pacquiao's shots -- me, myself, I don't see the same snap in his shots," Mayweather said before. "He's getting tired and he wasn't getting tired before. So, I mean, I'm seeing something totally different. Whereas me, I'm still sharp, I'm still smart, I'm not getting fatigued, I wasn't getting fatigued from the beginning.

"Those are the things that I see. I don't know if you guys see it but that's what I see."

- Floyd Mayweather

Yes Floyd, we know why you are not getting tired at age 40 ..... You using PEDs and you paid off USADA to get a BS RETRO TUE when there was no reason to have one since you didn't require no IVs!

Last edited by ADP02; 12-22-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      Myth: Naseem Hamed ducked Marquez.

Complete and utter BS made up by Lampley. He says in 2007 that Naseem Hamed openly ducked Marquez, yet in 2000 in the HBO telecast of Hamed vs Sanchez a list of fighters who refused to fight Hamed was shown on air including Marquez who said he wasn't ready for the fight.

Myth: Naseem Hamed ducked Morales/Barrera

Warren had offered Barrera millions to fight Naseem as early as 1997! Barrera outright refused. Naseem was so fair that he chose to fight Barrera in 2001 over Morales because he thought Barrera had beat Morales.

Whatever you think of Hamed, he was no ducker. Lampley is biased as **** when it comes to Naseem. He even said afterwards it was mandated for Hamed to lose, we needed it. Why? Because he was entertaining and got more people watching boxing and helping you keep your job? Wanker
                      Well, Marquez was the #1 contender for Hamed's belt for three years and that "offer" came for short money AND when Marquez was on the shelf with a hand injury and couldn't fight anyway. It was an attempt to make it look like an offer was made.

Even Manny Steward said when he was with Hamed he recommended not fighting Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X