Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs is gonna sell out the Barclays against who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
    What people want to see,..... DJ vs Andrade, Charlo, or Devraynchencko. What we’ll likely get stuck watching,....DJ vs Lee, Spike, Murray or any other foreign fighter most Americans boxing fans could care less about. More BS and more “business as usual” I’d imagine. It’s not that I don’t like Lee or the other latter mentioned fighters, just rather see the top contenders fighting each other instead.
    Andrade said he won't fight Jacobs and Rozier also trains Derevyanchenko. Those fights won't happen. The only thing I can figure is that Spike should be ranked by 3 orgs now. No other reason to make this fight.

Comment

I get boxers and their trainers mixed up I must admit

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Andrade said he won't fight Jacobs and Rozier also trains Derevyanchenko. Those fights won't happen. The only thing I can figure is that Spike should be ranked by 3 orgs now. No other reason to make this fight.
      What's Andrades reason for not pursuing a Jacobs fight,....."because we're friends" ?!?!?? Whatever. Sounds like a convenient duck for the both of them. While a Spike O'Sullivan fight might make for an entertaining fight, I honestly don't see Spike at the same level as DJ and expect Jacobs to come away with a win. Worse case would be a UD like his last outing against Arias. That won't help DJ's rep. But what about the young lion Charlo?! Charlo is the mando for one of GGG's belts, but thats' on hold for now due to either a rematch with Canelo or a unification fight with BJS. How can DJ keep any credibility at the top level fighting sub level competition (like Arias) when there are more viable contenders waiting for the opportunity to move up and possibly improve their records against top competition.

Comment

Spike O'Sullivan... Jesus.
        I honestly hope that doesn't happen, but I can understand why it would. Spike's got a nice win streak & probably got the best W of his career last time out & there aren't any really sexy options out there at 160.

Canelo & GGG are likely lining up to rematch in May.

Charlo (+ he's rumored to be fighting Centeno Jr) & Derevyanchenko are mandatory's so likely don't wanna risk their shot either vs a live opponent in Jacobs.

BJS is one fight from GGG or Canelo most likely.

No one in the US cares about Murata & there probably isn't a purse for either guy that would make sense to bring him to the US or for Jacobs to go to Japan.

And BooBoo is a f#cking moron who's James Kirkland's brother from anything mother so who knows how he'd f#ck sh^t up if they tried to fight him.

Who else is there thats a sexy name for Jacobs? Idk that I'd say Spike is the next guy down from these guys, but its not a crazy opinion to say he's likely a top 5, top 10 option when we consider the above guys (& others beneath them) aren't in play.

But yea the fight sucks, but I understand. Its either fight Spike or a guy slightly up or down from Spike or not fight at all & I can understand why the fighter & even the promoter would wanna fight over not fight.

Comment

What people want to see,..... DJ vs Andrade, Charlo, or Devraynchencko. What we’ll likely get stuck watching,....DJ vs Lee, Spike, Murray or any other foreign fighter most Americans boxing fans could care less about. More BS and more “business as usual” I’d imagine. It’s not that I don’t like Lee or the other latter mentioned fighters, just rather see the top contenders fighting each other instead.
          Well Gennady MarGGGarito Golovkin got praised for fighting Murray, Geale, and Rosado.

So why is it any different for DJ?

LMFAO....

Comment

Someone's upset their boy is fighting a cherry pick LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
              Someone's upset their boy is fighting a cherry pick LOL
              I'm fucking pissed, bro...

Comment

What did you expect Hearn to do tho, he has someone that can generate a decent amount of money/interest in the USA he's not gonna match him up with the best until he makes his investment back.

Comment

I like Jacobs but with no Saunders, Canelo or Golovkin he doesn't have many options. This whole Hearn thing might fail....
                  Hearn should move Jacobs and his family to the UK and put him in the mix at supermiddle against guys like Groves, DeGale (I think he's finished) but can still do maybe a couple more money fights, Eubank Jr, Callum Smith, and others.

If I were Jacobs, I'd reside there for a few years to make some big bucks. In the US, Hearn's venture might fail. Jacobs is a good boxer, but that's it.

Comment

They weren't afraid to get into the ring with GGG

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Well Gennady MarGGGarito Golovkin got praised for fighting Murray, Geale, and Rosado.

So why is it any different for DJ?

LMFAO....
                    Back then at that time and before hand,.....Peter Quillen wouldn't even mention Golovkins name much less fight him.
                    Ward declined the first offer because "he wasn't ready",....whatever.
                    Martinez was running away like a duck and eventually lost his belt to Cotto, and Canelo was playing his BS 155 lbs games.
                    Jacobs got his chance, tried to gain a weight advantage and still lost. This post and thread was about Daniel Jacobs and has nothing to do with GGG so why even bring Golovkin into the discussion unless you are a troll or a GGG hater, or ****ing both. I like GGG, but I like DJ too and would like to see where his career goes as well so I'm not going to hate on him. I do want to see him fight meaningful fights and not waste his time and energy on BS fights with opponents he clearly out-classes. Eff-Pandas made a good point though,...better to stay active fighting what is available than to not fight at all.

Comment

Back then at that time and before hand,.....Peter Quillen wouldn't even mention Golovkins name much less fight him.
                      Ward declined the first offer because "he wasn't ready",....whatever.
                      Martinez was running away like a duck and eventually lost his belt to Cotto, and Canelo was playing his BS 155 lbs games.
                      Jacobs got his chance, tried to gain a weight advantage and still lost. This post and thread was about Daniel Jacobs and has nothing to do with GGG so why even bring Golovkin into the discussion unless you are a troll or a GGG hater, or ****ing both. I like GGG, but I like DJ too and would like to see where his career goes as well so I'm not going to hate on him. I do want to see him fight meaningful fights and not waste his time and energy on BS fights with opponents he clearly out-classes. Eff-Pandas made a good point though,...better to stay active fighting what is available than to not fight at all.
                      All this revisionist nonsense...LMFAO.

MarGGGarito drug Kell Brook up 13 lbs and got busted up before stopping the WELTERWEIGHT.

And MarGGGarito and Abel started changing their story about 154-168 once Ward said, "okay".

And MarGGGarito requires all fighters to come to his weight regardless if he's 1 or 2 weight classes larger.

What a champion.

Gets gift decision and favorable judging against Danny J and a COMPLETE gift against Ca$hnelo

Good job on being a jack@ss lol

Comment

Working...
                      X