Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been more excuses from fans after the rigo lomo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    I remember a poll on this site and most people said Brandon rios would beat Mayweather. I wouldn't take what people on here say too seriously

1/2 of the people may have wanted Rigo to win but unless going off pure emotion you had to recognize the fact that Rigo had a huge mountain to climb to beat Loma

He was something like a 3-1 , 4-1 underdog. He was relatively inactive had to jump 2 weight classes and he is at a age especially in that weight class where 37 is basically a senior citizen.

Look how Cotto looked against Ali, I think we can all agree a prime Cotto would beat the dog sh.it out of Ali. Look how Salido just went out. The big difference is that they chose to go out on their shields and should be given full credit for that

Rigo had no advantages in that fight

But Loma should still get credit for fighting so effectively he beat the compete out of Rigo

But a prime elite talent like Loma should beat a old smaller fighter like Rigo. In fact I don't remember the last time a fighter in and around Rigos age beat another P4P talent who was in their prime.

That's why I don't get why fans / media are hyping this win especially when the fighter himself isn't.
    My compliments. There’s more truth in this post than in a dozen reasonable posts combined. I agree categorically.

I picked Lomachenko to win by “close decision” in one if the polls. About 63% of the voters predicted Vasyl would win. I don’t recall too many people going on about a Rigo upset. The few that did are guys whose opinion I didn’t respect going in anyway. There’s a lot of noise around here on a regular basis. We all know that. And the dudes that picked Lomachenko to dominate don’t necessarily impress me. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Every win Floyd has had in the last 10 years. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        My compliments. There’s more truth in this post than in a dozen reasonable posts combined. I agree categorically.

I picked Lomachenko to win by “close decision” in one if the polls. About 63% of the voters predicted Vasyl would win. I don’t recall too many people going on about a Rigo upset. The few that did are guys whose opinion I didn’t respect going in anyway. There’s a lot of noise around here on a regular basis. We all know that. And the dudes that picked Lomachenko to dominate don’t necessarily impress me. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
        If anybody deserves credit for making that fight it is Rigo.

Loma could have made the fight at 126 or at a catchweight....but that was too much of a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
          JMM made a slash at 147
          The only splash Rigo can make at 130 in on the canvas.lol

Floyd used JMM as a tune-up after a layoff.

Loma was not coming off a layoff when he fought the much smaller Rigo.
          Rigo and Loma were 4 lbs apart a year ago. A year before Mayweather-Marquez 17 lbs apart two years before 21 lbs apart.

Marquez did well AFTER. Years after and after acclimatized to the weight and against a guy who was also naturally a featherweight in Pacquaio also a smaller guy like him.

Comment

If anybody deserves credit for making that fight it is Rigo.

Loma could have made the fight at 126 or at a catchweight....but that was too much of a risk.
            This issue has been discussed ad nauseam. Lomachenko agreed to a fight at 126, not 124. That’s fine. The kid was moving up in weight and wasn’t looking back. Witness him at 130, and now moving to 135.

In my opinion, both men deserve credit for this recent bout being made. But at least Vasyl came to fight. Rigo showed up in body, not in spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              I think this is a record. Boxing media and fans who picked and wanted rigo to win are now crying about how lomachenko needs to move up and do this and that to be great. Making excuses about how rigo was too small and too old. FLO-MOS are going nuts with Dan Rafael's comment. It's finally great to see them lose it.
              Yup, it was like this on Boxingscene after the fight last Saturday night :

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                This issue has been discussed ad nauseam. Lomachenko agreed to a fight at 126, not 124. That’s fine. The kid was moving up in weight and wasn’t looking back. Witness him at 130, and now moving to 135.

In my opinion, both men deserve credit for this recent bout being made. But at least Vasyl came to fight. Rigo showed up in body, not in spirit.
                Loma didn't agree to anything at 126.
                He's not doing anything special at 130 and will do the same if he moves to 135.

Rigo was up against it.
                Loma had ALL the advantages.

Comment

Loma didn't agree to anything at 126.
                  He's not doing anything special at 130 and will do the same if he moves to 135.

Rigo was up against it.
                  Loma had ALL the advantages.
                  He proved you wrong beating Walters abd Rigo. Both guys who turned down bigger purses at 126 after Loma agreed. Walters also the bigger man than Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    He proved you wrong beating Walters abd Rigo. Both guys who turned down bigger purses at 126 after Loma agreed. Walters also the bigger man than Loma.
                    Lying again.

Walters was shelved by Arum for a year.
                    Only a moron would think he had a chance.

Loma didn't want Walters at 126 because he(Walters) failed to make weight for Sosa.

Then fought him at 130 anyway.

B*tch move.

Comment

Lying again.

Walters was shelved by Arum for a year.
                      Only a moron would think he had a chance.

Loma didn't want Walters at 126 because he(Walters) failed to make weight for Sosa.

Then fought him at 130 anyway.

B*tch move.
                      Stop lying. Walters admitted that he turned the fight down for June 2016 at 126. He claimed that himself so I'll believe him. That also had a lot to do with the less than a year (another lie) that he was shelved for. He should have just took it in June but he admitted he said no. Not interested in any more excuses when Walters provided me with facts.

Much like Rigo turning down and admitting to doing so more money at 126 than he just took.

Comment

Working...
                      X