Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    true story

if loma wins that fight hes an ATG already...but when he takes that L its "not fair"....these guys man...i swear...they pick and choose who can do what and get away with that...and then claim they are boxing "fans"
    No, but there's certain jumps and risks that can be a reward outweighing a risk. If GGG moved up to fight Joshua and lost he wouldn't deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed over it. He'd have taken a risk that few have done prior.

We went over the "fans" thing. I'm every bit a boxing fan as you are. Believe me. I've clocked way too miles and been to waaaay too many fights following boxing to be a casual. Trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Professional experience means a lot too. There's a reason Hopkins lost his debut at aged 24 to a nobody but became a good fighter. I get it you think Salido beats even this version of Loma but he's improved and proven he's got MUCH better over time. He's learned and he's still learning it's part of being a pro boxer I guess.

Loma had next to no pro experience as a fact. Sure he had pedigree but experience means a lot in pro boxing.

Top Rank had nothing to gain by Mosley getting a controversial re-match win over Oscar either whilst on roids. I said nothing was sinister and the ref just sucked and Salido cheated. Is what it is and are all fact based comments.

I feel people want to punish his boldness but I prefer to give credit to a guy that's tried to do stuff nobody else did.
      i most certainly DONT think salido beats this version of loma....not at all....

ive said in other threads that i think lomas boldness is a double edged sword...i dont wanna give him too much credit...but i think its cool that he has done this as he didnt have to

u cant compare hopkins to loma...how could you even try? hopkins was 21 when he took up boxing? loma is one of the most decorated amatuers ever?

Comment

No, but there's certain jumps and risks that can be a reward outweighing a risk. If GGG moved up to fight Joshua and lost he wouldn't deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed over it. He'd have taken a risk that few have done prior.

We went over the "fans" thing. I'm every bit a boxing fan as you are. Believe me. I've clocked way too miles and been to waaaay too many fights following boxing to be a casual. Trust me.
        i never implied you were a casual....what im saying is there is a difference between being a fan and a fanboy of certain fighters

i see way too many people holding certain fighters to certain standards and then letting their "guy" slide for the same things...these guys claim to be fans but are really just fanboys....even these people can follow boxing thoroughly and wouldnt be thought of as a casual...im not implying you are a fanboy....but im saying...there are alot of them around......the excuse making for certain guys goes overboard...while the constant prodding of others guys careers, that they dont like, goes the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          i most certainly DONT think salido beats this version of loma....not at all....

ive said in other threads that i think lomas boldness is a double edged sword...i dont wanna give him too much credit...but i think its cool that he has done this as he didnt have to

u cant compare hopkins to loma...how could you even try? hopkins was 21 when he took up boxing? loma is one of the most decorated amatuers ever?
          Hopkins boxed before prison and had around 100 amateur bouts. I think he even won some titles then got locked up.

Comment

Hopkins boxed before prison and had around 100 amateur bouts. I think he even won some titles then got locked up.
            even still...its not really comparible.....having 100 am fights then going to prison and coming out wouldnt put you on the same level as a guy with the most decorated am career ever and being 26 year old that is as seasoned as loma...at least IMO

again...its really great that loma didnt take the typical record filler fights....but to pretend like he wasnt ready and we should make excuses for him is just not for me....him and his whole team knew what they were getting into

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
              There is no argument about this topic, the guy has a loss on his record and he has fought no one, he might not even be in Top 10, pick on someone your own size chump!!!
              Walters was much smaller than him, right?

Comment

• Loma is The Number 1 Pound for Pound Fighter in The World.

Comment

• The argument against Loma being #1 P4P is simple...

Terrance Crawford. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Loma is the true P4P king atm

if you disagree, then you are either

- a black supremacist / racist

- a crawford fanboy

- a Mikey garcia fanboy

- some butthurt nationalist from murica

- someone who DKSAB

- any combination of the above
                    .......OR, think there’s highly skilled guys out there with better resumes than Lomachencko.

Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
                      Usyk will be in conversation if he wins WBSS, his win over Glowacki is already better than any scalp in Loma or Crawford resumes
                      The winner of the cruiserweight tournament will merit consideration for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X