• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zolani Tete

What do you think about this fighter?

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Very skilled technically, will be a problem for anyone due to his massive size advantage at 118. I do think many people overrate him though especially people who never saw him fight prior to the Butler fight.

Comment

........... who?

Comment

Once he knocks out his mandatory Omar Andres Narvaez in February, he'll be free to take on any 118lb guy on the planet.

Tete vs Nery is the fight to make in 2018.

Would also love to see him fight Sor Rungvisai after he disposes of Estrada.

What a war that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          I do think many people overrate him though especially people who never saw him fight prior to the Butler fight.
          He's not over rated. Nobody is saying he's pound for pound number one. He can box, and he has decent power. He's improved quite a bit from earlier in his career when he was squeezing down to 112. That is intruiging, because you don't often see that type of improvement in African boxers. They usually keep their, crude, unrefined technique through to retirement. His style seems more Urban American, than South African. He is significantly more talented than previous South African giants at the lower weights, like Mathebula, N'Dou, and Funeka.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Very skilled technically, will be a problem for anyone due to his massive size advantage at 118. I do think many people overrate him though especially people who never saw him fight prior to the Butler fight.
            I agree he is a skilled fighter but I think he is the perfect example of a fighter who is underrated. Who overates him?

I think he is the best at 118 and with the superflys moving up, there are some great matchups to be made.

Comment

Zolani learned and developed the hard way, Tete stepped up early in his career at flyweight in his fourteen pro fight against primed top ten world champion Moruti Mthalane ; keep in mind Mthalane was on a tear after losing his flyweight title to Nonito Donaire ; after Tete Moruti added John Riel Casimero to his resume, not bad.

Tete Kept pushing again, this time north bond at 115, against another top ten in a superfly eliminator vs. former IBF superfly champion Juan Alberto Rosas who was also in his prime and previously held the IBF title a year before ( 2010 ) Note: Rosas ended the career of Alejandro Martinez, fought Fernando Montiel, and Simphiwe Nongqayi BEFORE facing Zolani ; and lastly Tete Lost to Roberto Domingo Sosa by a point in Argentina ( Sosas backyard ) in another eliminator for another opportunity at gold at 115.

Zolani Tete has come up short against top tens in the past, '' don't let the record fool you he was young'' some might say that all his losses came under 20 pro fights against top level opposition ( true) and it would seem he is peaking BUT there is a reoccurring pattern with Zolani, when he steps up it has gone wrong, this was the case until.... Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr -- probably his best win and the best sign of hope for Tete: for it was in this instance that something changed...Zolani was dropped in a WAR in which the fix appeared to be in, Tete even had points taken from him but this time nothing was stopping the 'Last Born' from realizing his dream on become a world champion, you guys know the rest now champion @ 118 after beating Arthur Villanueva, who was robbed by PED cheat Luis Nery, even dropped him but thats another discussion.

Nobody can question Tetes heart, his vulnerability and KO power makes him a crowd favorite.The question was what do I think of him? must see tv a true hardcore gem is my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Zolani learned and developed the hard way, Tete stepped up early in his career at flyweight in his fourteen pro fight against primed top ten world champion Moruti Mthalane ; keep in mind Mthalane was on a tear after losing his flyweight title to Nonito Donaire ; after Tete Moruti added John Riel Casimero to his resume, not bad.

Tete Kept pushing again, this time north bond at 115, against another top ten in a superfly eliminator vs. former IBF superfly champion Juan Alberto Rosas who was also in his prime and previously held the IBF title a year before ( 2010 ) Note: Rosas ended the career of Alejandro Martinez, fought Fernando Montiel, and Simphiwe Nongqayi BEFORE facing Zolani ; and lastly Tete Lost to Roberto Domingo Sosa by a point in Argentina ( Sosas backyard ) in another eliminator for another opportunity at gold at 115.

Zolani Tete has come up short against top tens in the past, '' don't let the record fool you he was young'' some might say that all his losses came under 20 pro fights against top level opposition ( true) and it would seem he is peaking BUT there is a reoccurring pattern with Zolani, when he steps up it has gone wrong, this was the case until.... Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr -- probably his best win and the best sign of hope for Tete: for it was in this instance that something changed...Zolani was dropped in a WAR in which the fix appeared to be in, Tete even had points taken from him but this time nothing was stopping the 'Last Born' from realizing his dream on become a world champion, you guys know the rest now champion @ 118 after beating Arthur Villanueva, who was robbed by PED cheat Luis Nery, even dropped him but thats another discussion.

Nobody can question Tetes heart, his vulnerability and KO power makes him a crowd favorite.The question was what do I think of him? must see tv a true hardcore gem is my answer.
                Great post.

If Tete can get fights like Luis Nery and Sor Rungvisai next year, i expect him to be in the Top 10 P4P by the end of 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                  Great post.

If Tete can get fights like Luis Nery and Sor Rungvisai next year, i expect him to be in the Top 10 P4P by the end of 2018.
                  Thank you, Sor Rung or Estrada would be epic! I take it you got Rung vs. Estrada hehe -- I'm starting to lean on Rungvisai a bit more as this fight approaches us.

Comment

I agree he is a skilled fighter but I think he is the perfect example of a fighter who is underrated. Who overates him?

I think he is the best at 118 and with the superflys moving up, there are some great matchups to be made.
                    I’m from the UK and a lot of guys over here overrate him. He ain’t the best at 118 either IMO. I’d pick Nery to stop him. He’s in an unfortunate position really as he’s a high risk, low reward fighter. I think a lot of the top fighters at 118 will duck him, like Burnett just has.

Comment

Working...
                    X