Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Trainer Reacts To Critics: My Fighter is No Quitter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Trainer Reacts To Critics: My Fighter is No Quitter!

Veteran Cuban trainer Pedro Diaz has come out in defense of his boxer, two-time Olympic gold medal winner Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-1, 11 KOs). Last Saturday night at The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City, Rigondeaux suffered his first defeat as a pro when he refused to continue fighting beyond the sixth round of his title fight with WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs). The fight was a historic meeting of two amateur boxing legends, with each fighter capturing a gold medal in two Olympic games.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Chinga Tu Madre Pedro Diaz

Comment

Rigondeaux ain't no quitter, he's a "No Mas'er"

Comment

Maybe Rigo’s Team should have prepared him to expect frustration in the first six rounds? Afterall It was Lomachenko a much younger greatly skilled two time gold medalist, did they really think Rigo would dominate the early rounds? Wasn’t like Loma was landing too much on Rigo either. If that was indeed the strategy it was garbage and Team Rigo wasted everyone’s time.

Comment

This response by Diaz indicates he was the one who instigated the stoppage (to protect his fighter), but it was ultimately Rigo who failed to say, "no need, I got this."

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
              Maybe Rigo’s Team should have prepared him to expect frustration in the first six rounds? Afterall It was Lomachenko a much younger greatly skilled two time gold medalist, did they really think Rigo would dominate the early rounds? Wasn’t like Loma was landing too much on Rigo either. If that was indeed the strategy it was garbage and Team Rigo wasted everyone’s time.
              Rigo just isn't the incredible boxer most people make him out to be. He's 1-dimensional, but is VERY good at getting opponents to fight that dimension.

Great plan by Loma. I posted in the past for Loma to win he had to:

Move laterally and change his height frequently. Get off first and attack at different angles. So long as he can take the power of Rigo he'd win easy. And he never tasted Rigo's power because he simply overwhelmed Rigo and Rigo could never even get started.

Great plan and execution

Comment

rigo quit to loma. He wanted no mas. He literally succumbed to loma. He literally wanted no more of that fight. Yeah he pulled a kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                  This response by Diaz indicates he was the one who instigated the stoppage (to protect his fighter), but it was ultimately Rigo who failed to say, "no need, I got this."
                  Diaz is just trying to fall on the sword for Rigo. Rigo didn't want anymore

Comment

That's right he's not a quitter but a sellout for Nomaschenko

Comment

Working...
                    X