Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Wants to Stay at 154 Pounds, Defend WBO Title Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    It’ll depend whether Frank wants to overpay to secure home advantage. Smith isn’t a draw over here but Frank always wants to secure home advantage. I think Ali beats Smith relatively easily anyway. I’d like to see GBP invest in Ali, they don’t have many stars who are based on the east coast they should bring this fight to NYC.
    I'm not convinced Ali is right for 154, and Cotto was too old (and injured) for me to consider him a good test. If Ali wants to win...BK. If Ali wants to get paid...UK!

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Just don’t show it on television lmao. Ali vs Charlo. Who’s the mandatory?
      Ali is WBO, Charlo is WBC. Liam Smith is Ali's mandatory. Maciej Sulecki is Charlo's mandatory. Anyway, Ali is GBP, Charlo is PBC. Fight won't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I'm not convinced Ali is right for 154, and Cotto was too old (and injured) for me to consider him a good test. If Ali wants to win...BK. If Ali wants to get paid...UK!
        Fair point. I’m not totally convinced myself. Although I still think the Cotto that Ali beat was a good fighter albeit a past prime fighter

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Fair point. I’m not totally convinced myself. Although I still think the Cotto that Ali beat was a good fighter albeit a past prime fighter
          I'm still stuck on Ali getting KO'd by Vargas! I wish him success at 154, but I think he should go back to 147 and redeem himself!

Comment

147 is always going to be there. but first he's going to cash in on a big payday or 2 before moving back to 147 which is his natural weight. If I'm Ali I try and make a fight with Khan, Brook. Or some other big name 147lb fighter willing to move up. He has leverage to command a good payday at 154. And if he loses that belt after that he can always move back to 147 and get back in the mix for another title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
              I think he's screwed in either division...Golden Boy needs to match him carefully if they want any coin out of this dude. I like the idea of him fighting Brook (for Ali's sake). He would likely not get KO'd and there's a chance he could win that one.
              Completely agree...47-54 is typically a pretty big jump (even for larger welterweights, of which he isn't). I cannot think of any true contenders Ali would be favored over at this divsion, but it sounds like he is wanting to cash out. I think the Brook fight is just talk, because as we know Brook is a once every 8-12 month fighter (i.e. he's a ho) and he's getting his little paycheck in March so we won't see him until 2019,

Comment

I'm still stuck on Ali getting KO'd by Vargas! I wish him success at 154, but I think he should go back to 147 and redeem himself!
                Vargas has exactly 1 KO in the last 6 years. A span of 13 fights many were at 140 and the lone KO came against Ali. Hell according to boxrec that's the only knockdown he's had in the last 13 fights. Ali's chin held up against Cotto and Abregu who are both much bigger punchers then Vargas.

He fought a dumb fight against Vargas. Cotto is bigger and better then Vargas the difference was Ali fought smart, more discipline used his speed and boxing skills. Against Vargas he was slugging it out way too much. If he fought Cotto the same way he would of been knocked out. Ali is not a big puncher even at 147. His advantage is speed and boxing skills. I think he beats vargas in a rematch. Vargas doesn't do anything great and besides the Ali fight hasn't shown great power at 147 or 140. Ali got caught never recovered it happens.

Comment

Vargas isnt nearly as bad as some ppl try making him out to be. A lot of casual fans consider boxers BUMS when they get a loss or 2. Vargas has only lost to Pac (Who looked like old Pac in that fight) and Bradley who was rocked with 10 seconds left before the senile ref. Stopped it. Not saying he would of won just saying Im sure Jermain Taylor wished he had this ref. When he fought Froch...

Comment

I give him two fights before he goes nighty night.

Comment

Charlos by jab KO

Comment

Working...
                      X