Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    People are literally calling Loma unbeatable today, but Loma didn't want to go up 2 weight classes and fight Terence Crawford @ 140. His people said it was suicide! However Rigo was desperate and played himself, and what he did was inexcusable. Loma is smart, and said "Hell Naw!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...uicide--115456
    Like I said, Rigo is a great fighter and he dared to be greater by taking this fight but using weight and age as an excuse is disingenuous at best and a cowardly lie at worst.

Rigo got out boxed and beaten at a technical level, he wasn't knocked out, hurt or tired he was simply being out boxed and size may have helped Loma achieve that but it didn't help him become a technical boxing genius. 100s of amateur fights and a great boxing pedigree did.

Size didn't decide this fight, skill did. Had Loma have knocked Rigo out in a competitive fight I'd agree on size being a major factor. I'm not saying size didn't play any role at all simply that it wasn't the primary reason for Rigo losing.

Also yes, I think it'd be suicide for Loma to fight Crawford because one punch could end it for him, in fact I'd even say to stay away from Garcia at 135, that could end very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
      I am not a Arum fan or apologist, but Garcia was being paid well for his fights under TR, just look up his purse amounts. Just because he says he took a pay cut or fought for less than he wanted does not mean he was not getting paid a fair amount, it just means he wanted more money. So he did not win the case. He had to buy out his contract, which basically means TR's contract on him was valid and not illegal or unfair. He was getting paid more from TR than he is now.

At the time this was happening PBC was starting and a bunch of PBC fighters were getting paid outrageous amounts for fighting nobodies. PBC really f**kd up the market and a lot of fighters oustide of PBC were starting to demand PBC amounts of money and Mikey was probably one of them. There can be no doubt that his career at TR was moving along nicely. He just wanted out because he wanted more money and control of his career. Nothing wrong with that, but for him to be claiming he was on some sort of moral crusade and him trying to get out of is contract was because he was being taken advantage of I just don't buy it.

Frankly, I do not see why fighters still want to go with Haymon. The man blew half a billion $ and his business went out of business within 2 yrs. Now he does not have enough money or any tv deals to showcase his fighters so most of them are just sitting idly by while their careers slowly pass them by.

Who the hell says for example, "You know Al Haymon the man who just failed spectacularly blowing through half a billion $, losing all his tv deals, having most of his biggest stars only fight once every yr if they are lucky. Yeah that guy, I want to place my career in his hands and sign up with him". A fighter who does that is dumber than ****.
      You on the outside of the pay checks & the fighters are the ones receiving the pay checks & You are going to tell us that Mickey was being paid well? LMAO! Mickey just told you he was getting played & even was in a court battle & he wasn't the only one that had bob in court so stop being a "Arum fan." I've been in a fighters shoes & they deserve as MUCH $ as they can get! Why do YOU seem to have a problem with a boxer that goes to a place he is wanted, respected & paid more than the previous place?

Comment

People are literally calling Loma unbeatable today, but Loma didn't want to go up 2 weight classes and fight Terence Crawford @ 140. His people said it was suicide! However Rigo was desperate and played himself, and what he did was inexcusable. Loma is smart, and said "Hell Naw!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...uicide--115456
        I swear you casuals should be banned for posts like this.
        Terence Crawford rehydrated to 160 pounds his last fight.
        Vasyl Lomachenko rehydrated to 138 pounds his last fight.

Since your post was ******ed, I assume you also are so I’ll do the math for you. ITS A *22* POUND DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT between them.

In fact, that’s technically a MIDDLEWEIGHT vs a JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT So, not only is their an ENORMOUS physical disparity between them, but neither is a PPV fighter so not only would it make ZERO sense financially, but it would be a ****** move for Lomachenko that could possibly kill him and ruin his life and career.

We saw what happened between khan and Alvarez and that was only about a 15 pound difference. But yea casual Loma and his team are cowards and scared.

SMH....

Comment

Loma just beat two little guys. His turn to step up and fight Linares at least.

Comment

Id dig a berchelt fight. Atleast kids got heart

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Cuz he wasn't expecting that one to win & he had plans for nonito just like he has plans for loma....Nonito was supposed to be the next pacquiao, he was trying to get that fan base to nonito but Rigo F'd up his plans.
              stop it!! donaire was never talked about like manny did from arum. donaire was suppose to be the next pacquiao? lmao!! just like broner was suppose to be the next floyd?

and stop it with "bob had plans for donaire".. bob aint never ever put donaire on a pac undercard until the very end when both guys were washed up!!! and you said donaire was hyped up as the next pac? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
                Like I said, Rigo is a great fighter and he dared to be greater by taking this fight but using weight and age as an excuse is disingenuous at best and a cowardly lie at worst.

Rigo got out boxed and beaten at a technical level, he wasn't knocked out, hurt or tired he was simply being out boxed and size may have helped Loma achieve that but it didn't help him become a technical boxing genius. 100s of amateur fights and a great boxing pedigree did.

Size didn't decide this fight, skill did. Had Loma have knocked Rigo out in a competitive fight I'd agree on size being a major factor. I'm not saying size didn't play any role at all simply that it wasn't the primary reason for Rigo losing.

Also yes, I think it'd be suicide for Loma to fight Crawford because one punch could end it for him, in fact I'd even say to stay away from Garcia at 135, that could end very badly.
                Rigo didn't use size, or age, as an excuse, he said it was his hand. My point was Rigo went up for Loma out of desperation for cash, and it seems he immediately felt outclassed! But when people say "size doesn't matter," then that's plain ******!

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                  I swear you casuals should be banned for posts like this.
                  Terence Crawford rehydrated to 160 pounds his last fight.
                  Vasyl Lomachenko rehydrated to 138 pounds his last fight.

Since your post was ******ed, I assume you also are so I’ll do the math for you. ITS A *22* POUND DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT between them.

In fact, that’s technically a MIDDLEWEIGHT vs a JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT So, not only is their an ENORMOUS physical disparity between them, but neither is a PPV fighter so not only would it make ZERO sense financially, but it would be a ****** move for Lomachenko that could possibly kill him and ruin his life and career.

We saw what happened between khan and Alvarez and that was only about a 15 pound difference. But yea casual Loma and his team are cowards and scared.

SMH....
                  First of all, i'm no casual! If you followed the whole thread you would see why I made the comment! People say they don't want to hear the excuse that Loma was 2 weight classes above Rigo. Well if that's the case, why wouldn't Loma go 2 weight classes up to face Crawford? Why wouldn't he go up 2 weight classes to fight Pacquiao @ 140? Because Loma is smart, and he knows better. Rigo was NOT smart, and it seems he was looking to cash out!

Comment

You're not interpreting Mikey's statement correctly. He's told "you're fighting X for Y dollars." Yet he was paid Y MINUS 100,000, or Y MINUS 150,000. I don't know where you're from, but it's cool to take shorts like that!

He offered to pay out his contract, TR refused. Then when the judgements were looking bad for TR, they said "hey you can buy out now." However, because they refused earlier, he said No, and they had to let him go for free!

If you're a fighter, and you're getting paid, you don't care about whay Haymon owes to whomever, so long as you're eating right! I keep hearing how Haymon is done, yet Degale and Truax (both Haymon) just fought, and Spence vs. Peterson is coming on Showtime in January, so I don't see how he's done.

When you compare Haymon to Don King, Bob Arum, and
                    Oscar, he looks like an Angel!
                    What judgements. In depositions there are no judgements made. And Mikey mentions that his suit only made it to the deposition phase.

Would you invest with a man who's business just went out of business and in the process lost millions of his investors money. If someone came up to you asked you to be an investor and he also informed you he just went bankrupt and his main business and business plan failed in the most spectacular way. Would you give that man your hard earned money?
                    Last edited by jdp28tx; 12-13-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Nothing to see at 130, bring on Mikey !

Comment

Working...
                      X