Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Don't Think Anything Can Stop Canelo-GGG Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an irrelevant statement. Oscar is the ONLY thing that could stop Canelo-GGG deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Well who won or lost the fight wasn't the topic. If you think Triple g won then fine. I'm not disputing that. I can make a case for either fighter winning. It was a great, close fight that could have gone either way.
      The topic was people saying Canelo ran all night. Before the fight people were saying Canelo wouldn't be able to box Triple g with his cement feet and poor stamina/footwork.
      After the fight those same people were saying Canelo ran all night.
      So I'm like WTF! Make up your ****ing mind! If he has cement feet then how the **** was he able to box Triple g and stay away from his power punches??
      I feel Canelo boxed triple g beautifully! Yeah he should of been more active and not take too much time laying against the ropes but for someone who's not known for his footwork he did a great job boxing Triple g and not standing in front of him all night.
      People just hate too much and don't give Canelo credit for anything.
      That's straight hating!
      I give him credit for taking the fight. I give him credit for standing up to Golovkin's hard punches. I give him credit for excellent combination punching. He didn't run but he avoided engaging by going to the ropes and trying a rope a dope only it didn't work. Golovkin took power off his punches scored and limited Canelo's counter punching opportunities. It cost Canelo the fight in my opinion. IMO Golovkin outboxed Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        we have been telling you that for MONTHS
        As a Golovkin fan I've been saying similar things since Canelo and Golovkin started negotiating the first fight. There have been other G fans that feel the same way about the nehotiations. Check my posting history. Most fans aren't going to criticize their fighter. Its the same for all fighters. Pac, Mayweather, Ward, Crawford, Spence etc. It's human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          In before the wave of gggroupies that will claim "canelos scared of getting kod for sure"....

Where have I heard that before?...

Oh right it was before the 1st fight that ggg got OUTBOXED in his own weight class he supposedly rules.
          where was this, when?
          In your head?

I think you need some help, for real.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            I give him credit for taking the fight. I give him credit for standing up to Golovkin's hard punches. I give him credit for excellent combination punching. He didn't run but he avoided engaging by going to the ropes and trying a rope a dope only it didn't work. Golovkin took power off his punches scored and limited Canelo's counter punching opportunities. It cost Canelo the fight in my opinion. IMO Golovkin outboxed Canelo.
            Well I'll have to disagree with you on that. Why would anyone stand there and trade punches with Triple g?? Thats just plain stupid! I understand fans like you love that and you love to see two men stand in the middle of the ring and beat the **** out of each other and not care about defense but this is Boxing. Hit and not get hit.
            When triple g had Canelo against the ropes he did nothing! So I wouldn't say it was ineffective...
            Canelo did a great job dodging Triple g's punches. Triple g was the aggressor but at the same time he was getting countered all night long.. So I wouldn't say Canelo was ineffective.
            Like I said it was a great fight and very close. You obviously love Triple g's aggression and that's understandable. But he also missed alot and was getting countered all night long...
            Hopefully we'll see it again in May and maybe this time we'll have a clear winner. Let's hope...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Well I'll have to disagree with you on that. Why would anyone stand there and trade punches with Triple g?? Thats just plain stupid! I understand fans like you love that and you love to see two men stand in the middle of the ring and beat the **** out of each other and not care about defense but this is Boxing. Hit and not get hit.
              When triple g had Canelo against the ropes he did nothing! So I wouldn't say it was ineffective...
              Canelo did a great job dodging Triple g's punches. Triple g was the aggressor but at the same time he was getting countered all night long.. So I wouldn't say Canelo was ineffective.
              Like I said it was a great fight and very close. You obviously love Triple g's aggression and that's understandable. But he also missed alot and was getting countered all night long...
              Hopefully we'll see it again in May and maybe this time we'll have a clear winner. Let's hope...
              My favorite fighters all time are Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns so yeah I favor agression if it's smart. Unfortunately in Vegas often there is controversy.

Comment

Hope the fight happens in May, I think Canelo wants the fight and of course GGG always fights the best. In any case I am really looking forward to Lemieux vs Saunders.

Comment

the fat red kid is gonna lite that boy up like a christmas tree

the better fighter will make the better adjustments

Golovkin is too slow/predictable

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    My favorite fighters all time are Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns so yeah I favor agression if it's smart. Unfortunately in Vegas often there is controversy.
                    You said it. If it's smart...
                    I didn't see triple g fighting smart. He hardly went to the body.
                    But hopefully we'll both get our wishes in May...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Lay off the gear man. Diva got worked, lost 75% of the rds, ran like a trackstar and 95% of everyone who saw the fight thought GGG was robbed.

There will be a KO in the rematch, diva knows what she’s in store for.
                      care to bet your account or will you duck like you did in the first fight ?? cman, show some cojones ***** !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X