Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeauxs Left Hand Bruised, Not Broken, in Lomachenko Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Cur

Comment

• I’m not someone who criticizes fighters for quitting when they are overmatched. That being said here is why this left a bad taste.

1) At least give one round of EVERYTHING you have. Take a risk. Empty the gas tank and the arsenal.
      2) When you DO quit, take it like a man. ‘He beat me. He was better than me. I had no chance and was getting beaten and humiliated.’ Give the credit where it’s due.

Rigo’s hand is absolutely fine. The only bruising is around his anus. Rigo has ensured that he looks far worse than someone who just knew they were beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        I don't know if you've read the Rigondeaux book, it's in English, written by Brin-Jonathan Butler. The end of the book will not shock you or surprise you because it's happened before with Cuban athletes but it just shows you that it's not Rigondeaux who we should feel sympathy for. I feel great sympathy for his family in Cuba. I know what it's like there and I wish he didn't quit b/c they have nothing to do with him anymore but they will be abused much more and have no protection.

The book is called a Cuban Boxer Journey and to me is the best boxing book I've read and it's not because of Rigo who is/was my favourite boxer. The writer is just amazing and the story is very, very good. Not as good as the George Foreman biography in terms of story by much better in writing. I've read other books such as the Ageless Warrior and the Jack Dempsey book but Brin-Jonathan Buter's book is the best.
        Gonna order off Amazon right now, cheers mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Do you guys even read what I post before responding? I think Rigo bytched out. I explained what a bruised knuckle is to NSB and I've got 20 guys that have tried to take the convo in 20 diff directions.

Do I need to add it to my sig?
          If you had 20 diff people think something then maybe you need to go back and reread your own post.Not trying to start a fight here but your post came off like having a bruised hand is a good enough reason to quit in a big fight(or any fight).And I guess I'm not the only one who took it that way.

Comment

• Probably the end of Rigo. He let his frustration get to him and called it quits, which is something that will certainly tarnish his legacy.

As a professional fighters, paid to put on a performance, you'd expect that he empties the tank first.

Comment

Working...
            X