Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN's Loma-Rigo Drew 1.73M Viewers; No. 2 on Cable Since 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
    Most of those people watching were Cubans, nobody really gives a **** about Lomachenko
    My little hater, guess what? You're gonna watch Loma again next time. Just to see him lose.

Comment

I will add that they need to do something about the commentators. Casual fans don't know much about the guys in the ring or boxing. It would be wise if the telecasters didn't spend 40% of the match degrading what's happening in the ring.

Loma was putting on a good show, he didn't need the excuse making from Kriegel and Tessitore. Bradley was smart. He tried to focus on highlighting how easy it was coming for Loma, instead of whining about holding and ducking.

All that does is put casuals on notice about something they could complain about. It's not smart broadcasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Not names, but great fights. Word of mouth. Rigo isn't a big name, and Loma is only just becoming one, but because it was a great matchup, word spread.
        That's fair, but I do think casuals have a working knowledge of the champion level guys. They just don't watch often. But your point is taken.

Comment

Pretty good.

Hopefully Rigo not engaging will not deter fans from watching Loma in the future.

Loma probably fighting in March so hopefully a guy who is willing to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
            Most of those people watching were Cubans, nobody really gives a **** about Lomachenko
            Did you not see all of the Ukranian flags in the crowd? Lomacheko has a pretty good following and it's only getting bigger. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              I will add that they need to do something about the commentators. Casual fans don't know much about the guys in the ring or boxing. It would be wise if the telecasters didn't spend 40% of the match degrading what's happening in the ring.

Loma was putting on a good show, he didn't need the excuse making from Kriegel and Tessitore. Bradley was smart. He tried to focus on highlighting how easy it was coming for Loma, instead of whining about holding and ducking.

All that does is put casuals on notice about something they could complain about. It's not smart broadcasting.
              Bradley was so hyped by the end of the fight saying "....I have never seen skills like Lomachenko's....Ever!" I liked his contribution as well.

Comment

Arum has Top Rank Boxing on ESPN poppin' off real nice! PBC is killing **** on Showtime! Where's GBP? Where's HBO?

Comment

Personally, I don't think casuals care much about names. They just want to see someone get knocked the **** out. Regarding these TV numbers....it's interesting as it notes "cable". Something tells me Errol v Bundu drew a larger audience (on NBC..after the gold medal boxing). Could be wrong though. I hope NBC, CBS, Fox have some dollars for boxing in 2018.

Comment

Unfortunately it got 1.7 mil views. The "fight" was garbage and will hurt boxing's fan base no doubt about it. Klit/Fury seems to have permanently neutered HBO boxing. Garbage PBC fights on broadcast TV have apparently killed PBC. Wilder's cherry picking has decreased his fan base from 1.2m to 800k over 3 years. Loma and Rigo are boy sized jokes it was like watching a very shi*ty youth amateur sparring session.
                    Last edited by TinAgeOfBoxing; 12-12-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

1.73 million disappointed viewers for this garbage fight..a total letdown for me.. waited till dec 9 and all i got was disappointed

Comment

Working...
                      X