No announcement yet.

Prime Manny Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko at 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fight.

Manny at 130 was really peaking. He learned how to box, and still had explosive power and high activity rate.

The manny that fought morales, Barrera 2, Marquez 2 vs current loma would be an explosive fight

I think it’s razor close early, but 2nd half of the fight, manny throwing 100 punches a round starts to slow loma, and manny edges the scorecards on activity rate

The real key for loma would be to tag manny’s body all night, and if he can withstand the whirlwind of a 100 punches a rounds. Marquez and morales both gave manny trouble because they could eat manny’s power shots and fire back, loma would have to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think Loma is the more skilled and better boxer. I think he has the defense to deal with Manny's angles despite being slightly slower. I think his ring IQ is as high as Floyd's or JMM's at a comparable age.

His countering would continually catch Manny, who was undisciplined in terms of keeping his hands up, especially as he pressed forward.

Frankly, I would pick Loma by earlier KO if he had more of a reach advantage such that he could box from a distance.
      he's the better boxer based on beating who?

Comment

Lomachenko is a mid range fighter who does not have the power to hold Pacquiao off, that spells disaster and I'd expect Pacquiao to make pretty short work of him. The guys that troubled Pacquiao were rangier, could actually punch and had the lead right hands to make Pacquiao tentative, Lomachenko doesnt possess that.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          he's the better boxer based on beating who?
          Based on the eye test. Much better ability to handle movement, higher ring IQ. Frankly, this is what one expects with a guy with almost 400 amateur fights at the highest level when compared against a guy with under 65 against limited opposition.

Doesn't that mean he will accomplish as much as Manny has.

Comment

Based on the eye test. Much better ability to handle movement, higher ring IQ. Frankly, this is what one expects with a guy with almost 400 amateur fights at the highest level when compared against a guy with under 65 against limited opposition.

Doesn't that mean he will accomplish as much as Manny has.
            yeah but who has your eyes see him beat that gives you all this confidence...

Comment

yeah but who has your eyes see him beat that gives you all this confidence...
              I just answered this-it isn't about who he has defeated, it's about what he brings to the table versus what his opponent brings to the table. Loma, IMO brings too much to the table.

The only real issue for me is again the reach. If he had a longer reach and could box from the outside, make Manny hesitant a bit, IMO he'd KO him earlier.

Now, tell me who you think would win and why?

Comment

this is before VADA CBP....

I'm sure the Olympian beats Pac rather easily

Comment

I just answered this-it isn't about who he has defeated, it's about what he brings to the table versus what his opponent brings to the table. Loma, IMO brings too much to the table.

The only real issue for me is again the reach. If he had a longer reach and could box from the outside, make Manny hesitant a bit, IMO he'd KO him earlier.

Now, tell me who you think would win and why?
                  no you didn't answer it...you could be basing your conclusion on this guy beating some paper champ, and from the looks of it, thats all this guy has beaten so far right...

plus we know you are the biggest pac hater on here...you'd pick feather fisted hector camacho to ko pac @ 130lbs...

Comment

no you didn't answer it...you could be basing your conclusion on this guy beating some paper champ, and from the looks of it, thats all this guy has beaten so far right...

plus we know you are the biggest pac hater on here...you'd pick feather fisted hector camacho to ko pac @ 130lbs...
                    Yes, there are a number of pros I would pick to beat Manny in a fantasy fight. When I do, I will list the reasons why I am doing so just as I did here.

Now who do you think would win, Loma or Manny and why?

Comment

Haven't seen a reason not to pick Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X