Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Champ Riddick Bowe Asking For Donations To Save His Home! [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always get a job like the rest of us. Nobody helps me with my mortgage.

Comment

Did he really say was a former Marine? He showed up to boot camp and quit the very same day.

Either way, it's pretty sad when a guy with the potential he had end up like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Isn't Holyfield in massive debt himself?
        Massive debts to these guys are like millions to us (assuming your not a millionaire ) They always have $$$ coming in one way or the other ,even Tyson with his stature will never be broke . I also think Holyfield owns a few things ,like Tomatoe sauce??

Holyfield net worth is 500,000 at leat thats whats posted so figure more than that ......the guy can afford one dollar im sure . lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Only if you blew through 40 million dollars without taking care of responsibilities first.
          ima go buy and 8 ball and a couple hookers. after that will you help out?

Comment

He should come back and KO AJ

Comment

jesus christ this is sad. gonna try and help the guy out.

Comment

you guys gotta realize that championhsip fighters aren't like most other retired athletes. riddick bowe can't work most likely. he may even get some kind of disability allowance from the government. the guy can hardly talk. just listen to him. that's probably as good as he ever sounds. these guys havebad days when they're hardly coherent.

yeah, it's tough to have sympathy for a guy who blew 40 million. i get it. i work ahrd, too, and i'll never see that kind of money.

but his bad judgement comes in part from the fact that he took headshots for a living, and spent his youth in boxing gyms instead of a classroom or getting other skills, and doesn't have the capacity to make sound decisions. then you couple in all the leeches who are able to tak advantage fo this naive dude with a ton of money, the lack of a central governing body or league, and you start to see what's going on.

guys in the Nfl, etc, as far as i know, still get a pension based on how long they were in the league, and it lasts until they're gone. 2 to 1 matching on 401k, etc. health insurance for several years after they retire as well. they're more well taken care of than fighters. they have a union, bargain collectively, and organize internally to help guys deal with retirement. not perfect, but better than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you guys gotta realize that championhsip fighters aren't like most other retired athletes. riddick bowe can't work most likely. he may even get some kind of disability allowance from the government. the guy can hardly talk. just listen to him. that's probably as good as he ever sounds. these guys havebad days when they're hardly coherent.

yeah, it's tough to have sympathy for a guy who blew 40 million. i get it. i work ahrd, too, and i'll never see that kind of money.

but his bad judgement comes in part from the fact that he took headshots for a living, and spent his youth in boxing gyms instead of a classroom or getting other skills, and doesn't have the capacity to make sound decisions. then you couple in all the leeches who are able to tak advantage fo this naive dude with a ton of money, the lack of a central governing body or league, and you start to see what's going on.

guys in the Nfl, etc, as far as i know, still get a pension based on how long they were in the league, and it lasts until they're gone. 2 to 1 matching on 401k, etc. health insurance for several years after they retire as well. they're more well taken care of than fighters. they have a union, bargain collectively, and organize internally to help guys deal with retirement. not perfect, but better than boxing.
                  I do appreciate this and I do feel for the big man. But I cant help but feel there are people more deserving of our charity out there this Christmas. Especially if you are on a budget and arent going to be splashing money around.

More power to you if you are going to donate.

Comment

No excuse for a millionaire to lose all his money. He saw that happen to a ton of former fighter lose everything and he didn't learn or listen, his problem.He has to deal with the consequences on his own this time.

Good luck to him though.
                    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 12-08-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

With that shirt I'm sure he can get a job at Foot Locker

Comment

Working...
                      X