Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great fight here pending

Comment

• No excuses made...

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Where are all the Rigo Fanboys saying Rigo would beat Loma and Lomachenko was ducking Rigo?
        ... Loma didn't duck Rigo at 126...

Comment

• On the power side, not sure Roy Jones is entirely sure what he's talking about a lot of the time these days. 'Rigo's power' is a bit of an over-statement. He cracks fast and accurately, but not with concussive power. Anyone here thing Calzaghe had power ? He was forever called a slapper, yet he got a 70% KO ratio, same as Loma coincidentally - and look what 'the slapper' did to Lacy's face. Rigo is at 61% KO ratio - given his speed and other sublime skills, if Rigo had power, that ratio would be 100%.

Question is can he counter Loma with hurtful enough punches (and enough of them) to keep Loma on the outside and shy to commit ? Gary 'fastest hands in boxing' Russel managed a 10% connect rate vs Loma - getting enough clean connects on Loma to make him gun-shy is a tall order.

And that's before the question of whether Rigo's mythical power carries up to 130.......

I see Rigo having a good first couple of rounds then just getting overwhelmed. A younger Rigo would be different, but when Loma ups the activity rate in the mid rounds Rigo will find out that he can no longer do what he did when he was in his 20s and get every move right - he'll start to get clocked due to age/inactivity/pressure related mis-steps and I seriously believe he will retire on his stool late fight when he realises he's not what he used to be and calls it a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by minemax View Post
            And you talk about other people being crazy? Well, ok...
            Hey, they're my favorite current fighters. I'm torn on who to root for but I'd say its Lomachenko.

Let's talk after the fight. Rigo is going to perform. I don't get how people discredit him in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
              On the power side, not sure Roy Jones is entirely sure what he's talking about a lot of the time these days. 'Rigo's power' is a bit of an over-statement. He cracks fast and accurately, but not with concussive power. Anyone here thing Calzaghe had power ? He was forever called a slapper, yet he got a 70% KO ratio, same as Loma coincidentally - and look what 'the slapper' did to Lacy's face. Rigo is at 61% KO ratio - given his speed and other sublime skills, if Rigo had power, that ratio would be 100%.

Question is can he counter Loma with hurtful enough punches (and enough of them) to keep Loma on the outside and shy to commit ? Gary 'fastest hands in boxing' Russel managed a 10% connect rate vs Loma - getting enough clean connects on Loma to make him gun-shy is a tall order.

And that's before the question of whether Rigo's mythical power carries up to 130.......

I see Rigo having a good first couple of rounds then just getting overwhelmed. A younger Rigo would be different, but when Loma ups the activity rate in the mid rounds Rigo will find out that he can no longer do what he did when he was in his 20s and get every move right - he'll start to get clocked due to age/inactivity/pressure related mis-steps and I seriously believe he will retire on his stool late fight when he realises he's not what he used to be and calls it a day.
              Rigo does not have one-punch, concussive power. That’s fairly rare, especially in the lower weights. But he is most definitely heavy-handed. He throws punches with bad intentions, not just to score. The faces of several opponents are testament to his power. You may be right on your fight analysis, but I think it’s quite possible that Lomo gets caught with a couple of heavy shots early, then slows his pace in respect for what he just felt. I think we can agree, we’ll know where this fight is headed early, within the first two to four rounds. Rigo will either be overwhelmed, or he’ll slow the pace to his liking. Then he’ll have a real shot at the upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                ....it’s quite possible that Lomo gets caught with a couple of heavy shots early, then slows his pace in respect for what he just felt. I think we can agree, we’ll know where this fight is headed early, within the first two to four rounds. Rigo will either be overwhelmed, or he’ll slow the pace to his liking. Then he’ll have a real shot at the upset.
                If Rigo was 29 (same as Loma), I think that would be quite likely outcome, where Rigo goes the full 12 without making a mistake (I think he just got careless vs Amagasa because he could, and definitely didn't look 100% in that fight. Loma he would be focused all fight).

Loma would look for a way in for the full 12, taking greater risks as the fight went on, and paying the price as Rigo pops him every time he over-commits, possibly for an easy points win and a very frustrated Loma.

That's why it would be such a great fight if they were both in their prime - could Rigo play Loma for the full 12.

Sadly we will never know. Unless of course Rigo pulls it off now, then we could all speculate just how easily Rigo would have beat him at equal weight/age.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  If Rigo was 29 (same as Loma), I think that would be quite likely outcome, where Rigo goes the full 12 without making a mistake (I think he just got careless vs Amagasa because he could, and definitely didn't look 100% in that fight. Loma he would be focused all fight).

Loma would look for a way in for the full 12, taking greater risks as the fight went on, and paying the price as Rigo pops him every time he over-commits, possibly for an easy points win and a very frustrated Loma.

That's why it would be such a great fight if they were both in their prime - could Rigo play Loma for the full 12.

Sadly we will never know. Unless of course Rigo pulls it off now, then we could all speculate just how easily Rigo would have beat him at equal weight/age.
                  Agreed. By the way, I just got it from a credible source that Rigo is weighing 130, and has been for a while. Weigh-in is at 2:00 EST, so we’ll soon see.

Comment

• if u guys didn't give Floyd credit for JMM will u give credit to Loma for rigo?

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      if u guys didn't give Floyd credit for JMM will u give credit to Loma for rigo?
                      This is a good question. Both should get credit, but limited credit, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X