Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In actuality Rigo is like 5 3 and Loma is like 5 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      ??? Do you under stand angles and elevations??? That aint gonna mean sht when he got to hit a guy much taller. *** you ever tried fight I a guy much taller than you??? Sure you can hit them in the body and chest easy but hitting them flush on the face is a Bi@tch!!!
      Loma is 5'6" that is around the same size as the 122 pound fighters Rigo is already fighting. Stop acting like Loma is big plus Loma is the one that has to get on the inside. Rigo can stay on the outside and counter which is his game. His reach advantage is even more pronounced at 122 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        People are hung up on the size, when what they should be hung up on is the age. 2017 is the year of great matchups on paper being made too late. The reason I dont criticize Loma for this (or the weight) or take away credit if he wins the way I criticized Canelo or even Ward suing his promoter for no reason and then requiring 3 tuneups waiting until Kovalev was 33 and no longer focused on boxing before fighting him is because Lomachenko actually offered Rigo the fight only like 6 or 7 fights into his career, at the earliest reasonable opportunity, and at 126, but Rigo turned it down. I think Loma even agreed to 124? I dont remember, but he definitely agree to 126 AND a rehydration clause, and the money was more than Gary Russell got too, so it wasn't a lowball either. But Caribe or someone nixed the fight.

So, Loma did right by Rigo. He offered Rigo the fight at 126 before moving up. But no one at 126 INCLUDING Rigo would fight him, so what choice did he have? He moved up. And now even at 37 years old, STILL no one will fight Rigo except for Lomachenko, and so now the fight is back on, happening once again in Lomachenko's current weight class. And unlike Salido vs Loma, or even Floyd vs Marquez, you can expect Lomachenko to actually make the weight, rather than getting an even bigger advantage over Rigo by coming in overweight.

Loma is doing it right. He has been and continues to try to fight the best. Even at 37 years old and at 130 pounds, Rigo is still avoided by everyone besides Lomachenko. So if Lomachenko wins, Im going to give him the full credit that being the only guy willing to fight Rigondeaux, now at 130 AND years ago at 126, and if he wins, being the only man to beat an undefeated Rigondeaux, deserves. Now if Loma gets outboxed every round and only wins because he chin checks Rigo late with his size advantage, it's a different story, but provided he puts on a good performance, the fact that he tried to fight Rigo two years ago at 126, and that Rigo's side is the one who turned it down, is a pivotal factor for why I will give Loma full credit, and the pivotal difference between the Loma-Rigo fight that is happening years past its best date and the other ones I mentioned.
        Perfectly stated

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
          Size won’t matter , power will matter in this fight . Rigo will break some of Lomas bones ..
          Ya all see .
          Rigondeaux will beat this guy by powerful shots and Loma won’t throw as he is used to .

Rigo by ko .

Hit and not be hit .
          Casual ****...rigo has slightly above average power at 122...won't do **** at 130

Comment

Originally posted by olivetree66 View Post
            Casual ****...rigo has slightly above average power at 122...won't do **** at 130
            Slightly above average power? Lmao Maybe you should tell that to “casual” Roy Jones Jr. (read his interview here on BS), or the guys who’ve had their faces smashed in by Rigondeaux, like A****sa and ****ens.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Loma is 5'6" that is around the same size as the 122 pound fighters Rigo is already fighting. Stop acting like Loma is big plus Loma is the one that has to get on the inside. Rigo can stay on the outside and counter which is his game. His reach advantage is even more pronounced at 122 lbs
              I’ve looked at the heights of all of Rigo’s opponents. All but two of them are taller than him. A common height on his resume is 5’8”. There are a couple of guys, like Marroquin, listed at 5’9”. A****sa is 5’10.5”. Sheer height is not an issue, but general build would eventually be. A guy as small as Rigo can only go so far before he’s obliterated by a bigger man. I’m hoping Lomo isn’t that man.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I’ve looked at the heights of all of Rigo’s opponents. All but two of them are taller than him. A common height on his resume is 5’8”. There are a couple of guys, like Marroquin, listed at 5’9”. A****sa is 5’10.5”. Sheer height is not an issue, but general build would eventually be. A guy as small as Rigo can only go so far before he’s obliterated by a bigger man. I’m hoping Lomo isn’t that man.
                Pacquiao and Bradley were always the shorter guy and did just fine. Same with Cotto when he went to 154 and 160, Shawn Porter at 147, etc. There are many examples of height differences.

As far as body structure it just depends. Remember how skinny Paul Williams was? I think Rigo's biggest problem is being 37 years old and lets be honest he may really be even older than that.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Pacquiao and Bradley were always the shorter guy and did just fine. Same with Cotto when he went to 154 and 160, Shawn Porter at 147, etc. There are many examples of height differences.

As far as body structure it just depends. Remember how skinny Paul Williams was? I think Rigo's biggest problem is being 37 years old and lets be honest he may really be even older than that.
                  I agree. I’ve said as much in a couple of discussions. Rigo is physically past prime. No athlete at his age is as good as he was at say, 30. He may not have enough in the tank to hang with a man who’s not only bigger framed, but well within his prime.

Comment

Lomachenko fans desperately trying to downplay the size difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      I think you guys are crazy. In my mind Rigo is the favorite. I am pulling for Loma though.
                      And you talk about other people being crazy? Well, ok...

Comment

Working...
                      X