Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko getting into the HOF ahead of Vazquez Sr etc? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Sure he has plenty of wins which were well regarded at the time, but thats why we wait 5 years before induction, so that we get a better view of which wins were actually good, and which were just hype.
    It has been 5 years since his last fight. Granted only 4 years since his official retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
      It has been 5 years since his last fight. Granted only 4 years since his official retirement.
      yeeah I get that...

Comment

Figured he would get in but a first ballot I don't agree with at all either.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          So what did Wlad do to be on the list that Vitali should have done in your eyes?
          Oh you are not going to bother because you don't have an answer?
          Wlad fought the better opposition and longer he is also the 2nd most title defenses . Vitali should not get in before him . His main claim to fame is losing the least rnds and never being off his feet but these are not HOF stats ..... Other fighters on the voting panel who did more should ,its that simple .

The rest of the ******s on here like New England go catch your brain it slipped out even LONG before your first post on here . I hope that spot i dropped you off at was suitable ? lol .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-06-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

most of the guys on that list are better and more accomplished but i think the voters thought the klitschkos were just one single person and thats what went wrong. they would probably vote for billy klitschko if they saw his name on the ballet. voters should be under 80 years of age from now on
            Last edited by daggum; 12-06-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I haven't watch him more than one occasions, he doesn't have fights to be watched aside from vs Lennox.

Comment

It's funny to me how people on here run down a whole career by naming one guy they fought.

Vitali did beat Danny Williams...like a drum.

He also defeated Chris Arreola when he was undefeated and viewed as a threat at the time.

He broke Adamek down who was a good heavyweight.

He broke Shannon Briggs' face in a fight that really, really should have been stopped.

He destroyed Samuel Peter like it was nothing.

He beat Manuel Charr, Odlanier Solis and Kevin Johnson who were all unbeaten at the time.

He crushed former champion Herbie Hide in two rounds.

He held the WBC title for four years and made ten defenses in two reigns.

Name another heavyweight who's even reigned that long in the last ten years, other than Wlad of course, who can't be up for the HOF yet.

Comment

Don't have huge prob with Klit getting in.But was just reading a story on another site and they were *****ing in the comments that Winky was getting in???????????That's easy choice.Some of them like 2-3 were saying Vinny Paz should have got in instead!!!Boy there are some blind azz people.I mean VINNY PAZ????C mon I like him too but HOF??I guess he should be #1 all time at lightweight because he beat Duran twice lol.

Comment

Really not that big of a deal at all when you consider the list. The only fighter that was a shoe in was Morales. After him you could go in several directions. Everyone other than Morales had flaws/question marks about them.

Besides, they took into account what he did outside the ring. Plus he's a politician who is highly respected.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      It's funny to me how people on here run down a whole career by naming one guy they fought.

Vitali did beat Danny Williams...like a drum.

He also defeated Chris Arreola when he was undefeated and viewed as a threat at the time.

He broke Adamek down who was a good heavyweight.

He broke Shannon Briggs' face in a fight that really, really should have been stopped.

He destroyed Samuel Peter like it was nothing.

He beat Manuel Charr, Odlanier Solis and Kevin Johnson who were all unbeaten at the time.

He crushed former champion Herbie Hide in two rounds.

He held the WBC title for four years and made ten defenses in two reigns.

Name another heavyweight who's even reigned that long in the last ten years, other than Wlad of course, who can't be up for the HOF yet.
                      Like I just said in another post I don't have huge prob with him getting in.But lookin at your list reminded me how his comp was really not that good.I mean look at guys you listed only one(Arreola maybe a very small Adamek)were prob rated in top ten at time he fought them.I mean Briggs was a joke(but prob juicing)and Charr and Johnson were not REAL top ten.Forgot about Peter that was another top ten but that's about it.Not one top 5 win really

Comment

Working...
                      X