Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Reach and Height As Important As It Is Made Out To Be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Reach and Height As Important As It Is Made Out To Be?

Manny Pacquiao is at 5 6 with a 67 inch reach (I think that's generous)
    Ricky Hatton was 5 7 with a 65 inch reach
    Lomachenko is 5 7 with a 65 inch reach
    Gary Russell is 5 4 with a 64 inch reach
    Gamboa is 5 5 with a 65 inch reach
    Roberto Duran is 5 7 with a 66 inch reach
    Henry Armstrong was 5 5 with a 67 inch reach
    Juan Manuel Marquez at 5 7 with a 67 inch reach
    Danny Garcia at 5 8 with a 68 inch reach
    Dwight Muhammad Qawi at 5 7 with 71 inch reach
    Montel Griffin at 5 7 with a 70 inch reach

These are just some fighters that have consistently faced taller opponents with bigger reach and they have been able to outbox them, from the outside too.

Height reach is only an advantage if fighting on the outside.

Comment

Yes it is very important but if one doesnt know how to utilize it, it becomes a disadvatange.

You wanna be a short midget who have to take more chances and eat more punches on the way in or would you rather have range?

Height and arm length is crucial.

Comment

Lol this is stupid. Hurry up and delete. For one all the fighters you listed fight in the lower weight divisions. If Garcia fought Hatton he’d have a 3 inch reach. Reach is important if you know how to use it

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Yes it is very important but if one doesnt know how to utilize it, it becomes a disadvatange.

You wanna be a short midget who have to take more chances and eat more punches on the way in or would you rather have range?

Height and arm length is crucial.
          But I just listed some short midgets who are outboxing their longer opponents at any distance. So what gives buddy?

Comment

Fighters don't know how to use it. Tale of the tape typically don't mean much, it;s mainly for the fans.

I think same could be said for QB hand size and heigh(to an extent)

i feel guys who rely on their reach will eventually fight someone with a same size reach and get iced

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Fighters don't know how to use it. Tale of the tape typically don't mean much, it;s mainly for the fans.

I think same could be said for QB hand size and heigh(to an extent)

i feel guys who rely on their reach will eventually fight someone with a same size reach and get iced
              Like when Wlad looked lost when fighting a bigger man in Fury?

Comment

don't forget midget mike tyson.
                and of course mike tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Lol this is stupid. Hurry up and delete. For one all the fighters you listed fight in the lower weight divisions. If Garcia fought Hatton he’d have a 3 inch reach. Reach is important if you know how to use it
                  DLH knew how to use his reach, how did that work out against Pacquiao, Algiery knew how to use his reach, Morales knew how to use his reach, how did that work out?

How about Loma vs Walters, how did Walters fare with his reach, he did use very good distance against Donaire.

How about Ricky Hatton against Pauli who knew how to use his reach. Ricky boxed him from the outside as if he had the reach advantage.

Do you feel stupid now?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    DLH knew how to use his reach, how did that work out against Pacquiao, Algiery knew how to use his reach, Morales knew how to use his reach, how did that work out?

How about Loma vs Walters, how did Walters fare with his reach, he did use very good distance against Donaire.

How about Ricky Hatton against Pauli who knew how to use his reach. Ricky boxed him from the outside as if he had the reach advantage.

Do you feel stupid now?
                    You can make up for reach with great footwork, loma and pacman fo this

Comment

Working...
                    X