Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sadam Ali Beating Miguel Cotto is NOT a Huge Upset!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    Ward shouldn't get in. You should have to win fights cleanly to get into the hall of fame. Using your head on opponents' faces to cut them and head-butting them to the balls shouldn't be acceptable to the Hall of Fame... JS...
    Lmao! The S.O.G. is a future Hall of Famer. Swallow it buddy cuz you sounding like a twinkie right now.

Be careful he might come back & beat another one of your favorites again like Foyd has....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      "Margarito beat the stuffing out of him and he never truly recovered".....................................

Another clueless poster.
      Are you aware that Margarito used "loaded hands" in that fight.
      Cotto re matched him and beat the snot out of him.

Study the match ups before you state falsehoods.

Ray

I lost a grand on the Cotto vs Margarito fight and even I can't openly and bold face say "I lost a grand to loaded wraps." I think people still refuse to admit that Cotto fought Maragrito's fight, not his own. Go and rewatch that fight, remove your pre-determined assumptions and rewatch that fight. I will still say this, if Margarito had wraps on during that fight and hit Cotto with the bombs he hit him with there would have been no Cotto beyond that fight. You don't get rocked like that with wraps on and ever recover to be the same. Also Cotto beat Margarito in the rematch, only after he got kO'D, had his face reconstructed and has like 22% vision out of one eye and even early on in that fight he was cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        WOW! I thought Brook vs. Smith would be HUGE! Well, in that case, if Ali gets a voluntary, he should fight Brook in the UK! Winner gets Smith!
        Its the whole Hearn vs Warren thing, wouldnt give an inch to each other. Also Ali/Smith would be an easy fight to make on a Canelo/Saunders PPV, Warren gets 2 fighters on a big PPV

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          It's not a huge a huge upset. Ali is actually a good fighter. I can't begin to explain why he lost to Vargas. Cotto is a good dude but he's been severely overrated. His wins over Judah and Mosley elevated him a lot higher than he deserved. Margarito beat the stuffing out of him and he never truly recovered.
          I can't believe Vargas beat him either, I was rooting for Sadam in that fight & thought Ali would win that fight too.

Oh, I was at that Judah/Cotto fight & remember Judah came off a suspension after the Floyd fight then fought a couple rounds I think on espn to knock his opponent out so didn't get good rounds in from the layoff plus Cotto hit Judah low 2 times EARLY in the fight & I don't think Judah recovered. Don't forget Cotto/Clottey I had Clottey winning but he fell & got injured & they gave the fight to Cotto....margarito cheated & we know the rest....

But in all Cotto was a good fighter & had a very good career.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            I lost a grand on the Cotto vs Margarito fight and even I can't openly and bold face say "I lost a grand to loaded wraps." I think people still refuse to admit that Cotto fought Maragrito's fight, not his own. Go and rewatch that fight, remove your pre-determined assumptions and rewatch that fight. I will still say this, if Margarito had wraps on during that fight and hit Cotto with the bombs he hit him with there would have been no Cotto beyond that fight. You don't get rocked like that with wraps on and ever recover to be the same. Also Cotto beat Margarito in the rematch, only after he got kO'D, had his face reconstructed and has like 22% vision out of one eye and even early on in that fight he was cautious.
            What are you trying to say, that margarito didn't load his wraps? Margarito was a hype job his whole career....both Paul Williams (no power) & Mosely (power) exposed him.

Comment

I thought the fight was s h it and jim "bam bam" lampley is a real childish idiot who should be the one to retire. I always see a miserable fat blond at ringside at the center of the ring at all HBO fights. I guess she works for HBO.
              when in the later rounds you start to see cotto slinking away shucking and jiving you know he is tired and a little hurt. sadam"hussein - muhammed" ali why would any one use that name in todays climate was very inaccurate puncher and in the last 2 rounds had plenty of energy was refused to bomb out a tired cotto who could not hurt him

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                What are you trying to say, that margarito didn't load his wraps? Margarito was a hype job his whole career....both Paul Williams (no power) & Mosely (power) exposed him.
                and cotto lost every big fight and won some bad decisions. I like cotto he fought a ton of good fighters but he was overated and got more popular AFTER he would lose a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Why not Liam Smith vs. Kell Brook?
                  Because Smith is the no. 1 contender and now we get the dream fight!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Its the whole Hearn vs Warren thing, wouldnt give an inch to each other. Also Ali/Smith would be an easy fight to make on a Canelo/Saunders PPV, Warren gets 2 fighters on a big PPV
                    Spot on brother! I didn't even see the Canelo/Saunders angle! That would be a very nice card!

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      So boxingscene one of these guys are going to have to wait to get in the Hall of fame. Serious question who gets left out the 1st year? Someone should make a poll and thread. Been here 4 years and still don’t know how

Mayweather
                      Klitschko
                      Ward
                      Cotto
                      Cotto quite easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X