No announcement yet.

Golovkin is ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin is ****

Golovkin got really hyped for beating bums like Lemieux and Murray and 99% of the time, opponents worse than them.

When he fought Jacobs, I could forgive that he seemed clueless, he had never fought a good opponent before and Jacobs was new territory. While we could easily see that Golovkin would never be as good as Dmitry Pirog, he did manage to knock Jacobs down once, which was an okay feat.

It's also okay that Brook dominated Golovkin until he got stopped and then afterward got completely dominated by Spence, as Spence is the future of boxing and would KO Brook and Golovkin on the same night.

However, there is absolutely no excuse for him to look so bad against Canelo... Canelo who:
    1 - Lost every round to Mayweather.
    2 - Has fought midgets his entire career.
    3 - Lost to Trout and Lara.
    4 - Barely beat a shot old Cotto.

On paper, a fighter with Golovkin's power would steamroll Canelo. Yet the fight was basically just Golovkin plodding around, following Canelo while taking one powershot to the head after another... Golovkin was so painfully slow and I feared he would collapse from the target practice he was allowing Canelo to play with his head...

If anyone thinks that Golovkin is one of the best fighters in the world, then go suck your dad.

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
    Golovkin got really hyped for beating bums like Lemieux and Murray and 99% of the time, opponents worse than them.

When he fought Jacobs, I could forgive that he seemed clueless, he had never fought a good opponent before and Jacobs was new territory. While we could easily see that Golovkin would never be as good as Dmitry Pirog, he did manage to knock Jacobs down once, which was an okay feat.

It's also okay that Brook dominated Golovkin until he got stopped and then afterward got completely dominated by Spence, as Spence is the future of boxing and would KO Brook and Golovkin on the same night.

However, there is absolutely no excuse for him to look so bad against Canelo... Canelo who:
    1 - Lost every round to Mayweather.
    2 - Has fought midgets his entire career.
    3 - Lost to Trout and Lara.
    4 - Barely beat a shot old Cotto.

On paper, a fighter with Golovkin's power would steamroll Canelo. Yet the fight was basically just Golovkin plodding around, following Canelo while taking one powershot to the head after another... Golovkin was so painfully slow and I feared he would collapse from the target practice he was allowing Canelo to play with his head...

If anyone thinks that Golovkin is one of the best fighters in the world, then go suck your dad.
    How did Brook dominate GGG but got completely dominated by Spence?
    In round 5 when Brook was stopped against GGG the scores were
    37-39 Brook
    38-38
    38-38
    That means a draw

In the Spence vs Brook fight in round 5 the scores were
    48-47
    48-47
    49-46
    All for Brook.

And GGG won the fight against Canelo. Canelo did next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
      How did Brook dominate GGG but got completely dominated by Spence?
      In round 5 when Brook was stopped against GGG the scores were
      37-39 Brook
      38-38
      38-38
      That means a draw

In the Spence vs Brook fight in round 5 the scores were
      48-47
      48-47
      49-46
      All for Brook.

And GGG won the fight against Canelo. Canelo did next to nothing.
      I don't know what the scores are, I only care about the fight itself. Brook even uppercutted Golovkin so badly that Golovkin got jelly legs, don't pretend that never happened.

Spence just went in, chilled and beat Brook without getting jelly legs, despite them being in a similar weight class, unlike Brook and Golovkin.

As for Canelo, if he did next to nothing, then Golovkin literally did nothing. He just plodded forward while eating powershots and Canelo never felt his power.

Canelo got outboxed by Amir Khan, FFS. I even doubt Golovkin could finish Khan within 6 rounds...

Comment

The ggg hate club is still talkin about 2 years ago??

Comment

I don't know what the scores are, I only care about the fight itself. Brook even uppercutted Golovkin so badly that Golovkin got jelly legs, don't pretend that never happened.

Spence just went in, chilled and beat Brook without getting jelly legs, despite them being in a similar weight class, unlike Brook and Golovkin.

Sure, you just keep on believing that.

And keep on thinking that Spence is some tiny guy
          "I walked around at 170-plus."
          http://www.boxingscene.com/spence-wa...-brook--113621

As for Canelo, if he did next to nothing, then Golovkin literally did nothing. He just plodded forward while eating powershots and Canelo never felt his power.

Canelo got outboxed by Amir Khan, FFS. I even doubt Golovkin could finish Khan within 6 rounds...
          If Canelo never felt his power why did Canelo try to set a record in running?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            The ggg hate club is still talkin about 2 years ago??
            Actually the OP is busting Nelo that he isnt great more than Lil’G.

First off, as brave as Brook was he was inevitably going to get stopped or worse he could end up like Blackwell... Blackwell got lit up... would return to be in a coma in sparring...

One could theorize that Brook’s front skull has brittle scar tissue that it was easy to crack the eye socket once again with Spence...

It’s all about the threshold from the fighter. Lil’G didn’t want to carry the fight any longer, and Nelo has integrity to be consistent with his style. If Nelo wanted to close ring like Lil’G against Khan he would but that’s not his style. He risked to be a sharp shooter one way or another. Khan’s firepower was missing combinations from said Olympian or to see that his shots would just bounce off. If Nelo looked like he was going for Broke against Khan then the skill comparison would be justified.

I never once said Golovkin was horrid because he isn’t. He’s just a great fighter at 160. But he doesn’t get any pass from me that 154-168 was easy .... bullshįt idiot things he said and then want Ward at 164.
            Last edited by Lester Tutor; 12-03-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

GGG>Murray>Martinez(Who everybody praises as an ATG but barely got past Matthew Mackling who "GGG" also destroyed)
              Bbbbb b b b b but Martinez is an ATG and GGG is a bum.
              Last edited by GorillaDog; 12-03-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
                GGG>Murray>Martinez(Who everybody praises as an ATG but barely got past Matthew Mackling who "GGG" also destroyed)
                Bbbbb b b b b but Martinez is an ATG and GGG is a bum.
                Angulo made mince work of Rosado... Lil’G struggled... but as HBO claims with their fighters, excuses... socks... gloves... the flu...

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                  Actually the OP is busting Nelo that he isnt great more than Lil’G.

First off, as brave as Brook was he was inevitably going to get stopped or worse he could end up like Blackwell... Blackwell got lit up... would return to be in a coma in sparring...

One could theorize that Brook’s front skull has brittle scar tissue that it was easy to crack the eye socket once again with Spence...

It’s all about the threshold from the fighter. Lil’G didn’t want to carry the fight any longer, and Nelo has integrity to be consistent with his style. If Nelo wanted to close ring like Lil’G against Khan he would but that’s not his style. He risked to be a sharp shooter one way or another. Khan’s firepower was missing combinations from said Olympian or to see that his shots would just bounce off. If Nelo looked like he was going for Broke against Khan then the skill comparison would be justified.

I never once said Golovkin was horrid because he isn’t. He’s just a great fighter at 160. But he doesn’t get any pass from me that 154-168 was easy .... bullshįt idiot things he said and then want Ward at 164.
                  If he’s great at 160 then 154 shouldn’t even be mentioned and 168 is a pointless division you either mw or lhw.. 168 guys hiding from mw (eubank) and lhw (degale) .

Comment

Lol

GGG got avoided for years, then supposed "face of boxing" Canelo had to rely on a gift to get a draw against a past prime mid 30's GGG. That's the truth. You know Canelo lost when all the judges could give him was a draw. If that fight was really a draw, Canelo would have got the decision. Everyone knows it deep down.

GGG is well past his best and other p4p fighters like Canelo still can't beat him and get gift draws. Shows you how good GGG is and was.

Comment

Working...
                    X