Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Roach Beats Rey Perez, Sparrow Shocks Jose Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good performance by Roach. Outside of having elite power Lamont has every skill to become a serious contender.

Let's see him take on a guy like Robinson Castellanos next and hopefully Golden Boy continues to do business on the East Coast.

Also good win by Sparrow especially on a 10 days notice.

Comment

Originally posted by wardnine View Post
      Eh, he was hurt in the 2nd round with a body shot. I'm at the fight and thought he controlled every other round. Kid has nice skills and hand speed but was way too patient against a guy of that caliber IMO. Should've got him out of there before 10 rounds... seemed unwilling to put together more than 3 punches at a time even though opportunities were there. Not impressed but he's a smart boxer with some skills...
      I missed out...I wanted to go but had to work.

Roach is fine he was just taking his time against Perez. It was his second fight under his father after losing his uncle earlier this year. Once he becomes more confident in his speed then he'll take more risks.

I interviewed him last year after his win in the DC Armory and he is a level headed young man. His uncle and father had him in the boxing game since he was 8 so now here in the pros he is going to be brought up the ranks slowly.

Comment

Working...
      X