Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: Deontay Wilder turned down £10million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at the americans, GGG should take what they offer him, but no wilder. wilder should get 50%

Comment

Imagine if Joshua had turned down that much! Damn..That's a lot of money to scoff at when your highest payday is like $1.4m and your average is around $900k-1m.

Comment

Offering a flat fee for a big fight is always a lowball. Pacquiao rightfully snubbed Mayweather's flat fee "offer" and Golovkin did Canelo's too, and in the end they got the purses they deserved once fan pressure finally forced Mayweather and Canelo to negotiate in good faith. Joshua and Hearn have made it clear that Wilder isn't next so anything they offer right now is hot air

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Is this contradicting?

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article31464.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            lol at the americans, GGG should take what they offer him, but no wilder. wilder should get 50%
            What are you taking bout? lil g turned down 10mil from golden boy last year....

Comment

'joshua ducking doe...'

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Lowball offer which fools people who dont wanna do some basic math

Hearn is a hustler

He hustles fighters

And you actually have people who are fans of him
                LOL what does that make Deontay then? When he's asking for 50/50! All Wilder's spoken about was he wants the chance to prove he's the best and create a legacy. 50/50 isn't a even starting place for these negotiations because its so far off. For someone who's supposedly so desperate for the fight, 50/50 and won't budge suggests Deontay and his team don't want to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Offering a flat fee for a big fight is always a lowball. Pacquiao rightfully snubbed Mayweather's flat fee "offer" and Golovkin did Canelo's too, and in the end they got the purses they deserved once fan pressure finally forced Mayweather and Canelo to negotiate in good faith. Joshua and Hearn have made it clear that Wilder isn't next so anything they offer right now is hot air
                  I agree, to an extent. For big fights, B Sides shouldn't take a flat fee. However in this case, I think the offer is really not bad. 10m quid is $17.5m, and Joshua is not Canelo. What has been AJ's highest purse, $15-20m? It's not gonna be much more than that, and Wilder wont get 50%.

In best case scenario if we assume that this fight generates $50M, and Wilder gets 50%, that's $25M, assuming they split all profits equally (usually not). I think realistically, this fight generates ~30-40m and Wilder gets 40%.

If he wants to insist on a split, I wont hold it against him though.

Comment

Hearn talking bull

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      What are you taking bout? lil g turned down 10mil from golden boy last year....
                      you didn't understand my point. goodbye

Comment

Working...
                      X