No announcement yet.

Kovalev needs a redemption fight... against Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev needs a redemption fight... against Stevenson

If Kov can finally get Stevenson and win, im sure alot of fans will forget about the Ward fight.

What are the chances of this bout happening?

No offense at all

But I don't think some of you really understand stevenson--HE HAS NO INTENTIONS to TEST HIMSELF OR BE GREAT

THIS IS ALL A MONEY GRAB--He'll fight fonfara 6 times if he could

Comment

Stevenson is the one who needs to fight someone worth a damn man

Comment

i think bivol, kovalev, badou jack, barrera grodyk

Comment

Stevenson is 40 years old, 40

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            I don't think some of you really understand stevenson--HE HAS NO INTENTIONS to TEST HIMSELF OR BE GREAT
            When Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory, Stevenson agreed to fight him and Kovalev vacated his mandatory position to duck Stevenson.

Stevenson is likely fighting Badou Jack or Eleider Alvarez next, both of whom are ranked in the top 4 by TBRB.

Comment

Spring 2015 ...

I'll stop here...

But of course I'd like to see that before I die...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  When Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory, Stevenson agreed to fight him and Kovalev vacated his mandatory position to duck Stevenson.

Stevenson is likely fighting Badou Jack or Eleider Alvarez next, both of whom are ranked in the top 4 by TBRB.
                  Yeah because he was going to get a mando challenger 25% split despite coming in with three belts.

Only fair to explain the whole story. Stevenson has not shown any serious intentions of real fights since he got the belt.

Comment

I don't think Kovalev has done anything so bad that he needs to redeem himself. Most witnesses thought he beat Ward in the first fight. The 2nd fight was about even on points when the ref wrongly gave the fight to Ward on a TKO when Kovalev doubled over in pain from two very low blows. He should have been giving Kovalev the standard 5 minutes to recover from a low blow. After seeing a replay the ref admitted he made a mistake. Ward fans say Kovalev was finished anyway or that he had quit but that is an opinion and not a fact. Kovalev looked great last Saturday and he owns a piece of the title while Ward is retired. All of a sudden the light heavyweight division is full of bad ass Russian monsters and Kovalev is still one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X