Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev needs a redemption fight... against Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergay Kovalev is probably going to fight Bivol and might get KO again. Kovalev needs to understand hes not THE man ( lineal ) and stop acting like a b*tch, concede that hes the 'B' side THEN and NOW that Andre S.O.G Ward exposed him.

Ring Magazine is about to eat some crow and come crawling back to Adonis with their fake belt that they ripped away from 'Superman'! Adonis is #1! I'm going to go check the Ring rankings! I'm heated now!

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      If Kov can finally get Stevenson and win, im sure alot of fans will forget about the Ward fight.

What are the chances of this bout happening?
      I don't think many will forget the way Kovalev folded in fight 2. Ward's name will follow him to the end.

I'm a fan of Kovalev too.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Max face when Adonis start talking that bs...lmfao priceless

Comment

Nah. Both sides were saying it would have been 50/50 going into the purse bid and then Kathy Duva talked about the Russian currency fluctuates and that would bother their purse.

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Yeah because he was going to get a mando challenger 25% split despite coming in with three belts.

Only fair to explain the whole story. Stevenson has not shown any serious intentions of real fights since he got the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I don't think Kovalev has done anything so bad that he needs to redeem himself. Most witnesses thought he beat Ward in the first fight. The 2nd fight was about even on points when the ref wrongly gave the fight to Ward on a TKO when Kovalev doubled over in pain from two very low blows. He should have been giving Kovalev the standard 5 minutes to recover from a low blow. After seeing a replay the ref admitted he made a mistake. Ward fans say Kovalev was finished anyway or that he had quit but that is an opinion and not a fact. Kovalev looked great last Saturday and he owns a piece of the title while Ward is retired. All of a sudden the light heavyweight division is full of bad ass Russian monsters and Kovalev is still one of them.
            we can't repeat ourselves enough

Comment

Yeah because he was going to get a mando challenger 25% split despite coming in with three belts.

Only fair to explain the whole story. Stevenson has not shown any serious intentions of real fights since he got the belt.

FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE

When Kovalev requested that Pascal be allowed to "defend" the diamond title, Kovalev also requested that he be made mandatory with a *50/50* split if he won.

Kovalev ducked a *50/50* purse bid.

The WBC & Stevenson has agreed to ALL of Kovalev's requests. Allowing Pascal to "defend" an honorary title. Allowing to become mandatory. Allowing a highly unusual 50/50 split for a mandatory challenger.

And Kovalev still ducked.

http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson...-winner--85459

if Stevenson vs. Kovalv or Pascal goes to a purse bid - will be under the terms of a 50-50 split, per the ruling of the WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I don't think Kovalev has done anything so bad that he needs to redeem himself. Most witnesses thought he beat Ward in the first fight. The 2nd fight was about even on points when the ref wrongly gave the fight to Ward on a TKO when Kovalev doubled over in pain from two very low blows. He should have been giving Kovalev the standard 5 minutes to recover from a low blow. After seeing a replay the ref admitted he made a mistake. Ward fans say Kovalev was finished anyway or that he had quit but that is an opinion and not a fact. Kovalev looked great last Saturday and he owns a piece of the title while Ward is retired. All of a sudden the light heavyweight division is full of bad ass Russian monsters and Kovalev is still one of them.
                If any of the fighters needs a redemption fight its Super Man Adonis Stevenson!

Many like I thought The Bone Krusher won the first fight!

In the 2nd fight I for one thought it was a low blow!

Which makes me wonder why Ward really retired?

But I understand fan boy is gonna be fanboy!

Comment

If they were so upset with the percentage why did Kathy force the purse bid?

Comment

Wow I didn't realise Adonis 'Kentucky Fried' Chickenson was 40 years old. That fight ain't gonna happen, no way. Why would he go into the ring for a lobotomy when he is ready to settle down in a retirement village?

Comment

Let’s see...

Kova calls Adonis a chicken for a fight...but then walks away, HBO didn’t want Kovalev to explain himself in front of a Canadian audience.

Now Kova lost twice...

How in the hell will Duva justify her fighters split this time vs the first time?

Kovalev is going to have to bend over to Adonis and Haymon now, so will Sergey’s ego be up for it? Cause Adonis is no Chilemba...

Comment

Working...
                      X