No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter Destroys TORMENTED Carl Froch [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

froch retired within weeks of ward coming back. he had no business in the ring with him. even if he could do better against some of the common oppoision, styles make fights.

would ward knock bute into next week? doubt it. he'd UD him.

would ward beat froch every single time they fought, even though froch beat bute in a more convincing manner than ward would have been able to muster?
      absolutely.

styles make fights. ward had the gas tank, chin, and style to win virtually every round against froch. i gave froch 2 rounds, IIRc, and one was close. i thin it was the 11th which was the only clear froch round. have not watched that fight in a year, but i posted my card on bscene somewhere.

this isn't jermain taylor who is just going to gas out and give up late in the fight, or chinny george groves or lucian bute, or slow arthur abraham.

Comment

@ 4:11 Hunter calls him Crotch lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          froch retired within weeks of ward coming back. he had no business in the ring with him. even if he could do better against some of the common oppoision, styles make fights.

would ward knock bute into next week? doubt it. he'd UD him.

would ward beat froch every single time they fought, even though froch beat bute in a more convincing manner than ward would have been able to muster?
          absolutely.

styles make fights. ward had the gas tank, chin, and style to win virtually every round against froch. i gave froch 2 rounds, IIRc, and one was close. i thin it was the 11th which was the only clear froch round. have not watched that fight in a year, but i posted my card on bscene somewhere.

this isn't jermain taylor who is just going to gas out and give up late in the fight, or chinny george groves or lucian bute, or slow arthur abraham.
          Who do you think is Ward's best win? Froch or Kovalev?

Comment

Ward won by 1 round Lol, would have been a draw if froch won ano5her round. It was a razor think decision and I think froch had worked him out towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Ward won by 1 round Lol, would have been a draw if froch won ano5her round. It was a razor think decision and I think froch had worked him out towards the end.
              For the record, what was your scorecard?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Yeah. Does Ward even have a single win over a top opponent that is without controversy? Seriously he makes Sven Ottke's record look completely legit.
                Spot on. Every win he's had in a major fight has been surrounded with controversy. Once is fine, but you reach a point when the adage applies: there's no smoke without fire. Also, Froch sold out Wembley arena. Ward was box office poison.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  For the record, what was your scorecard?
                  115-113 ward.

Comment

I want what you and those judges were smoking that night.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      If that was true he would have actively pursued the rematch. His "pursuit" was half baked at best. On numerous occasions he called the rematch a "hard fight".

He didn't have him worked out, Ward had just slowed down and Froch needed a knockout so was throwing caution to the wind, anyway Froch is a 15 round fighter, and someone who would have performed better in the 15 round days. In a 12 round fight against Ward? No chance, zero.

In terms of scoring, always subjective so not going to dismiss your opinion, but 90% of people had Ward wide. If you really try and give Froch ALL the swing rounds you can have it 8-4 Ward. Froch was comprehensively outlanded, clean punching, ring generalship, effective aggression, all in favour of Ward. The two 115-113 cards allowed Froch to walk away with his head held high, but they did not tell the real story of the fight.

He beat Froch extremely clean - and Froch knows deep down he hasn't got the beating of Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X