No announcement yet.

Terry Norris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Norris

Ive been watching some of his fights today. He was one of my favorite fighters ever really because he was so good yet so very flawed in some ways. People who dont know who he was will look at his record and say "eh whats the big deal". He was one of the most supremely talented fighters Ive ever seen ( note I didnt say the most) but he would do some of the dumbest **** in the ring. He had two DQs against a guy if he would have just kept his head he would have destroyed easy.

The point of the thread wasnt really all of that though. Im sure most of you know what state Terry is in today and it really is the sad side of boxing how some of these guys end up. I personally think the shotgun blast he took to the skull from Julian Jackson is the main cause of it it all. I know he got KOed after that but damn my man Julian carried the power of a god in his hands and It was one of those "Holy Crap!" knock outs.

Love to you Terry and thanks for the memories.

He has a gym down in Texas now

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      He has a gym down in Texas now

Really? Whre? I live in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Really? Whre? I live in Texas.
        looks like they moved to Cali

World Champion Cardio Boxing
        10500 Magnolia Blvd
        Noho Arts District, CA 91601

Comment

Really sad how it’s all turned out for Norris, saying that these guys know the risks they take stepping into the ring. Terry had a great blend of speed and power, and also had very good punch variation. I agree with you that he was a supremely talented fighter. Very underrated IMO. I remember when he absolutely blitzed Mugabi in 1 Rnd. I always loved how crisply Norris through his right backhand, that was perfect example of how devastating that shot could be.

Comment

Sad thing with Norris is i asked him what his best win was in his own opinion and he said Leonard...smh

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Sad thing with Norris is i asked him what his best win was in his own opinion and he said Leonard...smh
              I’ve read that somewhere myself, Mugabi was his best W IMO. A lot of Norris’ best wins are against fighters who were on the slide tbh; SRL, Curry and M.Taylor.

Comment

Norris beat the holy **** out of Leonard. He was a razor sharp fast handed boxer-puncher with a mediocre chin. He sounds punchy when you hear him talk. If he can own and run a gym maybe he isn't as bad off as some retired boxers.

Comment

Terry had all the tools but he was a hot head and he had a very bad chin for an elite fighter which severly hurt him at the top level. He wasn't composed enough to stick to a game plan to avoid getting hit with bombs for 12 rounds, before you knew it he was either brawling and getting clipped or he was committing a foul and getting DQed. A prime example that speed and power aren't everything, it takes a lot more qualities than that to have a complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    Terry had all the tools but he was a hot head and he had a very bad chin for an elite fighter which severly hurt him at the top level. He wasn't composed enough to stick to a game plan to avoid getting hit with bombs for 12 rounds, before you knew it he was either brawling and getting clipped or he was committing a foul and getting DQed. A prime example that speed and power aren't everything, it takes a lot more qualities than that to have a complete fighter.
                    He's a very unique fighter. I feel like he stuck to the game plan in the Simon Brown rematch though. He boxed beautifully!

Comment

Working...
                    X