Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: 'Irrelevant' Stevenson Has No Interest in Fighting Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am tired of these sort of promoters/managers, its there in black and white, you called for a purse bid and when the other side that i thought would duck the purse bid showed up, you didn't show up! That for me makes them lose any credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Am tired of these sort of promoters/managers, its there in black and white, you called for a purse bid and when the other side that i thought would duck the purse bid showed up, you didn't show up! That for me makes them lose any credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
        What does fighting Ward twice have to do with ducking stevenson? Stay on topic or just stfu lol

He took Ward thinking it would be an easy win.

He got salty off the first fight and wanted an immediate rematch and still got schooled.

Duva clearly and it is known that she didn't want to partake in a purse bid when it was time to negotiate to fight stevenson.

AND my post says "Kovalev is ducking TOO" ...never said Stevenson wasnt ducking

dumbass
        Exactly. Both sids screwed up in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Another idiot - Kovalev just fought Ward twice - TF would he duck Chickenson for?

Kovalev was trying to fight him when he was on HBO Chickenson wanted no part of it...

Come on MisanthropicNY, don't leave stuff out. Stevenson signed with SHO and prevented the fight from happening. Then Kov withdrew from the mando position he asked for and resigned with HBO, thus preventing the fight from happening.

HBO should've locked them both up when they started planning the fight. They didn't and SHO signed Stevenson to hurt HBO. HBO then made him withdraw from the mando since they knew Haymon would outbid them.

Everyone is to blame.

Comment

Chickenson is only relevant in the mind of one person.
            mylowplace

Comment

KKKovalev dont wanna fight Adonis & Duva knows that

Comment

Kathy Duckva wants everyone to forget that she ducked a purse bid.

And how is Stevenson irrelevant? I'm pretty sure he gets good attendance for all his fights in Canada. Kovalev had a hard time drawing flies last time he fought in Vegas without Andre Ward as a dance partner.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Another idiot - Kovalev just fought Ward twice - TF would he duck Chickenson for?

Kovalev was trying to fight him when he was on HBO Chickenson wanted no part of it...

You are the fool next you be saying he never got stopped by Ward and the low blows were the only reason Ward won. Stop making excuses he did no go for the title and and then pull because it was going to purse bids

Comment

I agree, Stevenson is irrelevant. He’s literally holding that title hostage and hasn’t had a legimate challenge since winning it.

Appalling level of competition. He’s following the Sven Ottke success model.

Comment

Both are responsible for the fight not happening but Kovalev has fought much better opposition since their paths diverged.

Kovalev has fought Ward 2x, Hopkins, Pascal 2x, and Chilemba.
                      Stevenson has fought Fonfara 2x, Bika, and Williams Jr.

Stevenson has not been a relevant boxer since 2014. He's only fought 6 times since then (compared to Kovalev's 10) and is now on the wrong side of 40. He badly needs to make a fight vs. Alvarez or Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X