No announcement yet.

An interesting Sports Illustrated article about Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    I guess everyone missed the point of the article. He was undisciplined as a fighter. Yeah he did well for being undisciplined but when you face someone as good as Ward, that kind of work ethic won't work. I wish him luck in his quest to change his life but I'm not sure you can make those kinds of adjustments at his age. Especially when all he has is that one black mark.
    ... the point of the article is that he was always drinking... he lost the rematch... went home and drank again... had a car crash... went to a Mount Athos monastery and undertook "purification"... anything else?...

Comment

That Ward-Kovalev fight is a Modern Classic for a multitude of reasons...one of my favorites being that it exposed the inexperienced/uneducated "fans" on boards like this...

Most people who have boxed professionally or followed the sport intricately over time knows that refs are trained and instructed to NOT call a blow low if the fighter receiving the blow is noticeably bent over (like Kovalev was), and the blow is anywhere NEAR borderline...

If the blow is obviously low on a doubled over fighter, say mid-thigh or coming from very low up into the testicles, then, it should be deemed low...

NOW you know...so you can stop crying and start learning...try to EVOLVE like how Kovalev is supposedly trying to, and maybe someday you will become the best Boxing fan you can be...

Comment

Nothing, eh?...wanna bury that?

To summarize...

1. Kovalev shouldn't have bent over at the end and was definitely looking for a way out...

2. Ward Owned him and ALL anti-American garbage fans.

3. Some of you might actually know about the doubled over caveat and are acting ignorant because Ward Owned Kovalev and/or one of your other favorite fighters and made you look stupid for years...

Comment

Near death experience with Ward ?

Comment

No one is as blind as he who chose not to see... the lowblows by CoWard

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Here is a pretty interesting article by Sports Illustrated released earlier today. It's a pretty interesting read, in my opinion, regarding Sergey Kovalev.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/11/21...t-heavyweights

To those here who are world champions at sitting behind their computers and talking garbage, who call him quitter, crawl back and hide under your rocks.

To everyone else, post your opinions.
              Thank you for posting that, interesting read I did think kovalev looked healthier in those recent pics. Rejuvenated somewhat. I can relate to learning about spiritual aspects to ground oneself. In the society we have today we focus externally as apposed to internally which blinds the majority of people into being selfish and lacking empathy for others.

I hope kovalev hasn't lost the killer spite/instinct as an appreciation for life spiritually can deaden the aggression and fire inside or wanting to harm another. What is your prediction for the fight bud? I'm going with kovalev knockout inside 8 rounds.
              Last edited by PsychoPat; 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... the point of the article is that he was always drinking... he lost the rematch... went home and drank again... had a car crash... went to a Mount Athos monastery and undertook "purification"... anything else?...
                That's about it.

I guess some are still reliving low blows and sitting on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  That's about it.

I guess some are still reliving low blows and sitting on the ropes.
                  ... low blows are low blows... they have nothing to do with this story...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... low blows are low blows... they have nothing to do with this story...
                    Agreed.....

Comment

The replies to this thread show how idiotic and pathetic boxing fans are.

The article had nothing to do with Kovalev vs Ward fights but about what happened afterwards. If you were intelligent you would take lessons out of what happened but since most of you are really dumb you just keep talking about something completely irrelevant that was already discussed million times here.

You will never understand anything about the world, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X