Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Thurman vs Spence is a foregone conclusion??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Great minds must think alike because that's exactly how I see it.Thurman uses his better footwork to win 1st few rounds and his power keeps Spence from getting too careless.But as it gets to mid rounds Spence's bodywork and Thurman ? stamina starts to break him down.I say after 8-9 it will be close to even with Spence pulling out after that.I see a late KD maybe but I think Thurman hears final bell and jimmy lennon telling him he is FORMER champ.
    I'm thinking Spence manages to get the stoppage at around 9-12. Thurman certainly proved a lot to me in terms of stamina in the Porter fight though so I could see him hearing the final bell. I think Spence will heavily invest in that body though and break him late.

Comment

Wont be one sided if Thurman takes out his trackshoes. Once he starts running all over the place like a fkin pansy, itll be hard for Spence to catch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
        I believe Thurman is the better fighter and would win BUT he's been out of the ring for awhile now. He seems to be preoccupied with other things, like his significant other and his wedding.....Is his heart still in the fight game?? Hopefully it is.
        Thurman isn't a guy that loves the sport. I don't think he's guy who's really driven by legacy. He wants to provide a living for his family by earning as much as he can. That's the impression I get anyway.
        He has been inactive but he was out the ring for nearly a year before the Porter fight and 9 months before the Garcia fight and showed little signs of rust so hopefully that will be the case if he fights Spence.

Comment

I think it stems from the belief that American fans hope and think Spence is something truly special, whereas Thurman is elite, but you can see he isn't special.

Personally I am not convinced Spence is special, or he beats Thurman. I don't expect him to stand out from the rest, just another elite guy in the mix.

Crawford on the other hand...now that guy is tremendous.

Lets wait and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Will do. Got a link bro?
            https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765278

Comment

I think Spence wins by KO. Thurman has shown a weakness in taking body punches poorly. Spence is a great body puncher. Thurman had close wins over Porter and Garcia. Spence KOed Brook who is about as good or maybe better than Garcia or Porter. Thurman might win some rounds because he is very good but Spence is better and would end the fight with a KO win just as he has KOed almost everyone he ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I think it stems from the belief that American fans hope and think Spence is something truly special, whereas Thurman is elite, but you can see he isn't special.

Personally I am not convinced Spence is special, or he beats Thurman. I don't expect him to stand out from the rest, just another elite guy in the mix.

Lets wait and find out.
                I am an American boxing fan who picks his favorite boxers by their style and skill in the ring and their personality. I could care less what country they are from. They don't get extra credit from me for being an American. I think Spence is the best welterweight in the world based on what I have seen of him in his fights. I would think just as highly of him if he lived in England, Russia or China.

Comment

It'll be competitive, but Spence wears him down.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

Lets wait and find out.
                    How is Crawford tremendous? He has fought nobody to look tremendous... or are we talking about when inactive and blown up Gamboa was buzzing him? Why does Crawford get so much hype for having a complete crap resume. He fought 0 welterweights and 0 elite fighters... tremendous doe

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      I'm thinking Spence manages to get the stoppage at around 9-12. Thurman certainly proved a lot to me in terms of stamina in the Porter fight though so I could see him hearing the final bell. I think Spence will heavily invest in that body though and break him late.
                      Yea great fight if it happens don't like the way Thurman is talking though.Makes me wonder if he REALLY wants this fight.Dont expect him to take it next after injury but he is sayin 2019 BS.He was bringing up Floyd and saying how Pac fight did not come off when people expected but it happened.This guy really think he is THAT big??????????

Comment

Working...
                      X