Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big fights/wins were the loser came off 12+ months of inactivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walters had been out for a year I believe when faced Lomachenko.

Comment

Cotto vs Martinez is tainted but you can't blame Cotto. Martinez was so crippled he could hardly spar or train properly and when your game depends so much on mobility and you lose it completely you are ****ed. But again, Sergio robbed the fans by agreeing to the fight and selling himself as healthy. All that said, Cotto still beat a corpse that night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        My point is simple- how you saw the fight prior to it should determine how you rate the win. That is the exact same thing you are saying.

You listed why Shane's status was a "mirage". I said if you looked at it as a real boxing fan, then you'd have considered all of this when discussing the fight.

I have no issue with you saying it wasn't a great win. I have an issue with those who viewed Shane completely different prior, then changed that because he lost, then judge the win.

that is precisely the opposite of what i am saying, and precisely the opposite of what is the correct way to evaluate the significance of a win.

Comment

Working...
        X