Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that I used to hate and made me eat my words.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Agreed. It's fine to admire a Boxer. I actually admire all that are willing to do it for a living. It's a little strange to hero worship and cradle the nuts of another man the way someone like Larry does.

It's also flat out bizarre to have pure hatred and want to discredit fighters even when they prove you wrong because of these tribal reasons. If a guy works you up so much don't watch him. The few Boxer's I've not enjoyed watching (Mayweather, Ward, Ruiz etc I've generally just decided to sit it out unless I like the matchup.

Either way is bizarre to have such blind love and affection or such hatred for men that you've either never met or don't know that well on a personal level.
    lmao@mentioning larry

Comment

Every single fighter I have "Hated" (strongly critiqued) has deserved it and proved me to be right with my negative judgement of them...

I recognize Greatness early on and never "hate" real deals....I don't use the word "great" loosely, and I appreciate highly skilled Winners...

So...sorry...I can't relate to that.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        lmao@mentioning larry
        He's the biggest nutrider I've ever encountered. And he's a grown man.

Dude blocked me because he was defending Mayweather's honor and said 5 years is longer than 7 years (regarding a run of Mosley's reflecting favorably over a run of Barrera's), 33 is older than 38, 15 months is a shorter layoff than 6 months, Cotto is better than Pacquaio, Margarito is better than Morales and that beating Hatton is better than beating Pacquaio. All I asked was for him to explain the answers and he refused multiple times.

This was all because I suggested Mosley was better in 2000 than in 2010 and not in his prime in 2010.

Comment

Canelo -_-

Don't bet against him guys.
          That guy can't lose. I wouldn't even lay another dollar if he faced AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I realized he's a dirty, boring fighter who relies on (and abuses) illegal tactics in the Kessler fight and whenever I watched him after that he was doing just that every time. I used to either chose to not watch him or change the channel during his fights once the pattern emerged again which was every fight. I enjoy Boxing and technical fighters too much to sit through that crap. He has skills, but not aesthetically pleasing and he abused his privileges. Biased hand picked ref's every time, judges and HBO riding his jock. He had the chance to beat Kovalev in fight II and blew it by going straight for the nuts when Kovalev was drained. Awful move and a reason I don't acknowledge it as a win. That's how Golota blew it against Bowe both times and Ward's was no different but perhaps more sinister (since he wasn't crazy like the Foul Pole).

I used to be a big fan of Abner Mares but his fights started getting ugly and dirty and after a few ugly one's (especially Agbeko) I turned against him. I was happy to see him KO'd by Jhonny Gonzalez. A clean fighter with a nice style.
            Dammit . Gotta agree with you about Mares .
            He's also a jerk in person.

Comment

Broner.

Jumped up and down cheering when Maidana whooped him. Now I pull for the guy.

Comment

Lee Selby I did not think a whole a lot of him 1st time I seen him.Now after watching him closer and more think he beats Fram,Leo,Mares.Gary Russel speed and athletism might be enough to overcome his very good defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Errol Spence- I called errol Spence chinny and was going to get knocked out by Brook. He proved me wrong after making all that ****ty threads about his chin that I made. Though his inactivity is making me waver. I don't like where he is going with.

Demetrius Andrade - Called him an inactive coward and does not have the balls to go out from a hopeless division and carve his own path instead of meaningless fights that won't happen in 154. He fought a decent and huge prospect and is trying to make himself a name in 160.

Chris Eubank - I nicknamed him "The Boy who lost his pen" when he refused to fight GGG. And after moving up to 168 and instead of staying a clown, challenged himself and is doing great performances.

These guys I used to dislike and now I'm in full support. How about you?
                  Might be right on Andrade. He has a long history of turning down fights.

Comment

I have thought Spence was the best welterweight in the world for a long time and I still do. He has the many of the other welterweights scared to fight or he would be more active. He is fighting Peterson who is a top ten welterweight. If there was a better welterweight willing to fight him he would be fighting him. He can only fight the best boxers who are willing to fight him just like GGG a couple of years ago. I think Andrade is OK. I think he is about equal to Jermall and not as good as my top 3 middleweights, GGG, Canelo and Jacobs. The tall middleweight Andrade just fought wasn't very good and he fought scared the whole fight and never tried to win. Eubank has been looking great at 168 and will be hard to beat at that weight.

Comment

I was never big fans of the Charlos, I can't stand the fake nice guy **** that they were pulling and thought they were a bit overrated. They have proved me wrong and have dropped the nice guy act, so I am a big fan of both brothers these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X