Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the problem with Adonis Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the problem with Adonis Stevenson?

This is a guy who on the surface appears to be an absolute terror, dangerous fighter. Yet he seems to duck certain fights, goes inactive for large sprints at a time...why? Why is he not tearing through divisions at will?

Because beating a shot and burnt Chad Dawson boosted his ego to astronomical proportions, and he decided he doesn't need to challenge himself any longer.

Comment

He's happy cashing one fight check per year like most other PBC guys.

Comment

I have respect for boxers but this dude deserves none this Haitian pimp deserves none he a disgrace and ducks top fighters this dude doesn’t deserve to be on top contender status with his glass chin and ducking manners

Comment

He's a diva plain and simple!

He wouldn't concede to Pascal for A side who was more popular than the two in Canada!

He jumped ship to Showtime for cash rather than cash and legacy when the Kova fight was first being negotiated!

Didn't want to pay B hop for the titles and legacy but yet Pascal did!

Refused to fight Beterbiev and looks to still not want to fight him despite being on a same manager!

Didn't concede to Smith jr who had ALL the momentum and was more relevant than Stevenson!

He did all this to fight easy pickings for more cash!

A easy nites work for triple his worth!

Now he moved his fight from January cuz he don't want to share the spotlight with Mikey Garcia!

Really hope Badou Jack beats him for the sake of the division!

Comment

He's a fraud. He's too insignificant to even care about. I won't consider watching him or taking him until he fights a real opponent.

Hopkins, Pascal, Kovalev all got ducked by him yet they engaged in 5 combined fights. He's ducked Beterbiev, Alvarez, Smith off the top of my head probably more. Only really Ward ran from his challenge but then again that fight would be impossible to make with two of the biggest divas of their era.

Comment

he messed up 175

he'll prob end up fighting fonfara 6 times

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                This is a guy who on the surface appears to be an absolute terror, dangerous fighter. Yet he seems to duck certain fights, goes inactive for large sprints at a time...why? Why is he not tearing through divisions at will?

He is a piece of trash. I’m 1 hour from Montreal, my coach grew up in the montreal boxing world, knows everybody personally. He told me Adonis use to split people’s faces open in sparring & the amateurs, would take on 4,5,6 guys at a time in the streets and in jail...
                However personally everybody from Montreal I’ve talked to Hates him. He use to be part of a minor age sex ring, that alone turns people against him. He is also apparently a huge a$$hole, super rude, shows off/brags like crazy (apparently just drives around MTL in a black rolls Royce or Bentley I forget) blasting music with his window down like he’s a king. He fights once in a blue moon & ducks virtually all dangerous opponents... he is basically the complete opposite of Jean Pascal who is loved and worshipped there, and has taken on all comers. My coach told me, he’s seeing them spar dozens of times and Pascal would generally handle him.
                Other then that straight left hand he’s not a good fighter.

Comment

chickenson, no more explanation

Comment

Adonis is a weird boxer, seems to have all the skills required but can't/won't apply himself. Sadly like most Canadian fighters he is afraid to fight outside of Canada which makes him boring. Emmanuel Stewart had this guy he was looking like a rising star since his passing he is a mediocre dud with no future. I think its a case of to many people telling him he is great, he is the champ, and not enough competitive spirit to go out there and show it. Either way he is irrelevant in the current boxing class along with the 175lb division

Comment

Working...
                    X