Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the problem with Adonis Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A worse "champion" than Charles Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
      He is a piece of trash. I’m 1 hour from Montreal, my coach grew up in the montreal boxing world, knows everybody personally. He told me Adonis use to split people’s faces open in sparring & the amateurs, would take on 4,5,6 guys at a time in the streets and in jail...
      However personally everybody from Montreal I’ve talked to Hates him. He use to be part of a minor age sex ring, that alone turns people against him. He is also apparently a huge a$$hole, super rude, shows off/brags like crazy (apparently just drives around MTL in a black rolls Royce or Bentley I forget) blasting music with his window down like he’s a king. He fights once in a blue moon & ducks virtually all dangerous opponents... he is basically the complete opposite of Jean Pascal who is loved and worshipped there, and has taken on all comers. My coach told me, he’s seeing them spar dozens of times and Pascal would generally handle him.
      Other then that straight left hand he’s not a good fighter.
      Stop being nostalgic about Jean Pascal, his story is done. Big paydays and titles are over for him. I believe he's a graduate policeman right!
      I mean, retirement should be your top priority, if your condition allows a guy like Alvarez to b*t©h slap your mouth at ease.
      Don't be foul, Pascal never handle Stevenson, even in their amateur fights, Stevenson was getting robbed because he was viewed as the gangster and Pascal as the police.
      And if you don't know, now you know...

Comment

I was happy for him when he beat Dawson and after that, he's become one of the fighters I dislike the most.

Comment

I really do not know what to make of him. I dont really blame him for the Kovalev fight not happening but he could have fought other boxers in that same weight class that Kovalev fought. You cannot blame everyone else for fights not coming off, when you have been in a weight class for years and your rivals have a better resume than you then you can only blame yourself and your team.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            This is a guy who on the surface appears to be an absolute terror, dangerous fighter. Yet he seems to duck certain fights
            Eventually you'll realize he was the one being ducked . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              ... now: tbh, Adonis called out Ward immediately after the Kovalev 2 fight... and what Ward did?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... now: tbh, Adonis called out Ward immediately after the Kovalev 2 fight... and what Ward did?...
                That's one fighter.

But did you forget this classic incident?

Get up in there, make all that noise, then straight up duck Kovalev. How is that NOT a duck?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Get up in there, make all that noise, then straight up duck Kovalev. How is that NOT a duck?
                  The facts don't support your position. Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory. Kovalev demanded a 50/50 split and the WBC said okay and ordered the fight. Stevenson agreed to the fight.

As soon as all of Kovalev's demands had been met, he refused to take the fight and vacated his WBC title so he wouldn't have to fight Stevenson.

In life, you can't always look at people's words. You have to look at their actions. Stevenson vs Kovalev, under the terms Kovalev demanded, was agreed to and ordered. Then Kovalev backed out. Those are the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
                    Stop being nostalgic about Jean Pascal, his story is done. Big paydays and titles are over for him. I believe he's a graduate policeman right!
                    I mean, retirement should be your top priority, if your condition allows a guy like Alvarez to b*t©h slap your mouth at ease.
                    Don't be foul, Pascal never handle Stevenson, even in their amateur fights, Stevenson was getting robbed because he was viewed as the gangster and Pascal as the police.
                    And if you don't know, now you know...
                    According to my trainer who’s watched them spar countless times over the last 15-20 years Pascal would generally handle him. I guess you know more than a guy who’s sat on the ring apron and watched them.

Comment

The facts don't support your position. Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory. Kovalev demanded a 50/50 split and the WBC said okay and ordered the fight. Stevenson agreed to the fight.

As soon as all of Kovalev's demands had been met, he refused to take the fight and vacated his WBC title so he wouldn't have to fight Stevenson.

In life, you can't always look at people's words. You have to look at their actions. Stevenson vs Kovalev, under the terms Kovalev demanded, was agreed to and ordered. Then Kovalev backed out. Those are the facts.
                      Facts?

If you want facts let's go back to 2013-2014, shall we?

Before Stevenson joined Al Haymon/Showtime there was talk of having him fight Kov. He signs up to fight Fonfara. He holds HBO up for more money for rights to that fight, then holds HBO up for ridiculous money to fight Kovalev.

Stevenson was on record - multiple times - saying he would fight Kovalev "...if the money is right". That's a duck bro. He already knew HBO wasn't going to pay top dollar on him because that's not how HBO works. He used that to get out of facing Kovalev - which is why Kov called him Chickenson.

Fast forward to 2016. HBO is now on one side of the table, Showtime on another side of the table, with Main Events on the other side not able to pay the money the purse bid would swell to, thus forcing Kov to fight on Showtime, which is a violation of his HBO contract. But here's the thing: Stevenson knows Kov is stuck on HBO, and to have that fight means he won't get paid what he wants. So why even go up in that ring and face off? Make the fight, THEN talk smack. He did that because he knew there wasn't anything going to be done about it. Smells like another duck to me.

What you're missing is, Stevenson has three times - THREE TIMES - used money to avoid a fight. How's that not ducking? And the thing is, I think he beats Kovalev, so I don't understand the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X