Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete With Brutal Knockout of Gonya in 11 Seconds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete With Brutal Knockout of Gonya in 11 Seconds!

SSE Arena, Belfast - WBO bantamweight world champion Zolani Tete (26-3, 21 KOs) demolished Siboniso Gonya (11-2) in less than 20 seconds of the first round. In a very brutal display, the bell sounded to start the fight and Tete threw his first punch of the bout - a huge right hook around the guard - which caught Gonya right on the chin and knocked him out cold. The referee quickly waved off the contest when he noticed that Gonya was unconscious.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Might be the quickest knockout in a world title fight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      I believe so. If im no the mistaken I think Hopkins held the record previously for something like a 29 second KO.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I believe so. If im no the mistaken I think Hopkins held the record previously for something like a 29 second KO.
        McClellan won in 20 seconds I believe. Record smashed now though.

Comment

He went down at 6 seconds should of been waved of then but the ref started counting lol

Comment

reminds me of that fast knockout in Bloodsport with Van Damme. I jumped out of my seat and said "that was the quickest knockout I ever saw"

Comment

Best punch I ever seen. What a thrill. Was looking forward to seeing him for a few rounds but Jesus, that was somethin else

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                World title, yes, very likely. But fights in general, no. There have been ones called at 10 sec. But still, this one was pretty damned fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=humDRT29mAM

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
                  Best punch I ever seen. What a thrill. Was looking forward to seeing him for a few rounds but Jesus, that was somethin else
                  not sure I would go that far(best punch)But that was real quick and as tight as fish puzzy.

Comment

Tete is one of boxing's most slept-on fighters. I want to see him in more and better fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X