Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better, Rigo against Donaire or Loma against Russell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma was in control about every minute of the Russell fight. Rigo got dropped. BUT... that was a hell of a performance too. I really can't wait for this fight.

Lomadeaux for life.

Comment

Rigo looked better but he still has no chance of beating Loma IMO. Loma's more recent performances against the likes of Walters, Sosa and especially Martinez were more impressive than the Russell performance also IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
        Yep, that's the key with most of those Cubans: put them against a top flight opponent and you got yourself an exciting fight. If you put them against sub-par competition, you get a boring fight because these guys are too discipline to step out of what they do in order to provide the excitement.
        agree and cant really blame them for not takin chances when they are winning easy.I think its up to guy who is losing to take more chances.As long as it aint negative fightin(H Fury vs Parker,Dirrell vs Froch)

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Rigo looked better but he still has no chance of beating Loma IMO. Loma's more recent performances against the likes of Walters, Sosa and especially Martinez were more impressive than the Russell performance also IMO.
          I think its going to be tough fight.I would have to favor Loma(age,size,activity).But something in back of mind tells me Loma will have to be 100% on because Rigo can punch along with his GREAT defence.Also I think if Rigo makes Loma fight his fight(which I think he may)its going to REAL tough.Rigo needs to make Loma come for him and counter.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            I think its going to be tough fight.I would have to favor Loma(age,size,activity).But something in back of mind tells me Loma will have to be 100% on because Rigo can punch along with his GREAT defence.Also I think if Rigo makes Loma fight his fight(which I think he may)its going to REAL tough.Rigo needs to make Loma come for him and counter.
            I just can't see Rigo being able to stay out of trouble, and his chin ain't the best. Loma throws a lot of shots from unique angles and I'm convinced he'll catch him and stop him. I don't think Rigo has a big speed advantage either, Russell Jr has ridiculous hand speed and Loma was beating him to the punch at times. I agree Rigo is defensively superb but Loma is in that same sort of RJJ category for me where his offence is so unique and dynamic it's almost impossible to defensively negate. I think this has Loma stoppage written all over it tbh. But I still think Rigo deserves huge props for stepping up 2 weight classed and daring to be great. Something that so few fighters choose to do nowadays. I'm a big Loma fan but the fact that Rigo has stepped up and took this fight is kinda making me want to root for him.

Comment

I just can't see Rigo being able to stay out of trouble, and his chin ain't the best. Loma throws a lot of shots from unique angles and I'm convinced he'll catch him and stop him. I don't think Rigo has a big speed advantage either, Russell Jr has ridiculous hand speed and Loma was beating him to the punch at times. I agree Rigo is defensively superb but Loma is in that same sort of RJJ category for me where his offence is so unique and dynamic it's almost impossible to defensively negate. I think this has Loma stoppage written all over it tbh. But I still think Rigo deserves huge props for stepping up 2 weight classed and daring to be great. Something that so few fighters choose to do nowadays. I'm a big Loma fan but the fact that Rigo has stepped up and took this fight is kinda making me want to root for him.
              I actually think Rigo is closer to RJJ athletically speaking than Loma. Rigo is naturally the more athletic guy with great talent skills. Rigo and Loma's speed are very close too, with Rigo edging him out and having a reach advantage.

So Loma isn't even close to being RJJ in this scenario... In his prime, Roy had a massive speed advantage and athletic advantage over all his opponents. There is no huge gulf in talent or athletic ability or speed in Rigo-Loma. Neither does Loma rely on his athletic ability the way Roy did. If anything Loma is more of the tactician and Rigo relies on his athletic ability to deliver that quick counter left.

If Rigo hasn't diminished I don't see how Loma is going to knock him out. Loma couldn't knock out Gary Russell at 126 and now all of a sudden people think he's this big puncher who's going to KO a guy ten times better than Russell?

Comment

Yea GR is prob faster then Rigo but don't have the timing,footwork(not running),or defence.Your right about Loma workrate but that will prob drop in this fight.It hard to throw 2,3,4 if you miss #1 it put you out of pos for rest of combo.I really hope Loma wins because if Rigo beats him(his 2nd top 5 pfp)it will mean we missed a great deal of a ATG in his prime.Guys ducked him something terrible and now at 37 at his size he cant have much left of prime if any.And writers like Dan Rafeal made it a lot easier for them to do it.His chin is deff a ? but so far all have been pretty much flash KD.We will have to see it will be interesting I think.

Comment

#RIGOLUTION

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    Yea GR is prob faster then Rigo but don't have the timing,footwork(not running),or defence.Your right about Loma workrate but that will prob drop in this fight.It hard to throw 2,3,4 if you miss #1 it put you out of pos for rest of combo.I really hope Loma wins because if Rigo beats him(his 2nd top 5 pfp)it will mean we missed a great deal of a ATG in his prime.Guys ducked him something terrible and now at 37 at his size he cant have much left of prime if any.And writers like Dan Rafeal made it a lot easier for them to do it.His chin is deff a ? but so far all have been pretty much flash KD.We will have to see it will be interesting I think.
                    True, but in a sense, Loma was always going to be Rigo's biggest test. So this is really the pinnacle of Rigo career, it just came too late. This fight would of been perfect at 126, but it's better than nothing. And Rigo is ultimate of test for Loma until he moves up to 135 or 140.

If Rigo wins convincingly enough that there's no demand for a rematch, he really has no where else to go. And the top guys at 126 are definitely not going to fight him then. If he loses he still has options at 122 and 126 and even 130.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                      True, but in a sense, Loma was always going to be Rigo's biggest test. So this is really the pinnacle of Rigo career, it just came too late. This fight would of been perfect at 126, but it's better than nothing. And Rigo is ultimate of test for Loma until he moves up to 135 or 140.

If Rigo wins convincingly enough that there's no demand for a rematch, he really has no where else to go. And the top guys at 126 are definitely not going to fight him then. If he loses he still has options at 122 and 126 and even 130.
                      Yea but if he losses everone will say "well he was not that good".But if he had those fights and wins vs all those guys who started at 118-122 and just skipped him he could still go down as ATG but now it hangs on fight with maybe the best PFP fighter who is 2 div heavier.I mean Rigo could prob still make 118.

Comment

Working...
                      X