No announcement yet.

Tommy morrison would be champ in todays era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    but he was already a champ in the 90s anyway...
    WBO was not really recognized until later.

Comment

He was a champ in his own era soooo...

Comment

Morrison wouldn't pass a peds test so threrefor we dont know how he would do . Just like others in his era . Morrison as was in the 90's definatley gets a top 5 spot ,he was still wild in technique and ACTUALLY had poor stamina so its not a given he beats everyone .

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          Been rewatching some of "the duke"

We all know his chin frailties especially if caught cold.

But he was a fantastic puncher, very fluid and if you watch his fights he actually had good movement too.

Hed blast out most of todays heavies
          He would get ray mercer'd in any era. Just a steroid ridden two bit actor. His son has more talent but where is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
            He was a champ in his own era soooo...
            Wbo was not really accepted till after TM had it.It came out in 88 but was not really req until Cotto and Barrera had it.With them both being #1 in their div is when you started seeing it even mentioned in mags and tv.IBF was accepted almost right away because Holmes(who was lineal champ)dumped WBC (I think for not fightin G Page)and accepted IBF title

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
              He would get ray mercer'd in any era. Just a steroid ridden two bit actor. His son has more talent but where is he?
              O cmon give the guy some credit.He did have a GREAT hook.And he is better than his son who should move down to cruiser where I think he could become a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Morrison wouldn't pass a peds test so threrefor we dont know how he would do . Just like others in his era . Morrison as was in the 90's definatley gets a top 5 spot ,he was still wild in technique and ACTUALLY had poor stamina so its not a given he beats everyone .
                He was kinda one shot poney.But it was a great shot.The hook really was good and tight

Comment

If you're going to troll, put more effort into it Earl.

Comment

I lost any respect for Morrison after the Foreman fight. He would throw a punch and then literally run from George. He fought like a punk that night. That said, I would put him on the same level as Takam, maybe even Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      He was kinda one shot poney.But it was a great shot.The hook really was good and tight
                      Morrison is a top 5 puncher for me .

Comment

Working...
                      X