Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Cool. yeah, there are always things up for debate. I just posted it to show there are a group of people that seem to fairly evaluate his career.

Hagler was right behind floyd. The full list is in the thread.
    I think the Yahoo list is trash. Dempsey in it but no Jofre, Ortiz, Monzon, Hagler. Yuck.

I love Sal Sanchez to death (along with Hagler my favorite fighter from before my life) but he should not be top 25 on an all-time pound for pound list. His career just doesn't have enough. He's better than some of the names on it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      To the Pacquaio, Nosley, Oscar points well didn't Pacquaio say "**** it" and say he'd do testing around 2011? I seem to remember something like that though I'm not 100%. I stopped paying attention to that saga around 2011.

the truth is, pac agreed to all of mayweather demands in 2010...everything came to a halt when mayweather refused to budge on pac's offer of a 20 day cutoff for ost...pac sued the mayweathers for defamation shortly thereafter and the case was settled out of court...

dunn, larry, and the rest of the captain sav-a-floyd's, omit all of this and just say pac refused to take a test because it vindicates floyd of any accountability in the matter

Comment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...imous-decision

Floyd Mayweather stands alone.

Unified welterweight world champion.

The pound-for-pound best.

And king of the era.

Mayweather turned in a vintage performance as he outboxed Manny Pacquiao in a brilliant display to win a unanimous decision in one of the biggest fights in boxing history before a sold-out and star-studded crowd of 16,507 on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Judge Dave Moretti scored the fight 118-110, and judges Glenn Feldman and Burt Clements both had it 116-112. ESPN.com also had it 116-112 for Mayweather, who remains undefeated at 48-0.

does that mean shane is lying

Comment

Pacquaio was a bit used up by then though lets be honest. Marquez jumping two divisions should have got the decision in 2011 by 116-112 score against Pacquaio while he was still great. He obviously knocked him silly the following year and realistically that was that as far as Pacquaio the great fighter goes.
          I posted this only because this is why djtmal is going on and on. He remains upset that this happened.

Relative to your post-Manny made the choice to fight JMM instead of the $40 mil, no ppv offer. How anyone sees that as "Floyd waited until Manny got KTFO to fight him" is ridiculous.

Comment

I think the Yahoo list is trash. Dempsey in it but no Jofre, Ortiz, Monzon, Hagler. Yuck.

I love Sal Sanchez to death (along with Hagler my favorite fighter from before my life) but he should not be top 25 on an all-time pound for pound list. His career just doesn't have enough. He's better than some of the names on it though.
            I'm fine with that. reasonable people can disagree with a list.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              the truth is, pac agreed to all of mayweather demands in 2010...everything came to a halt when mayweather refused to budge on pac's offer of a 20 day cutoff for ost...pac sued the mayweathers for defamation shortly thereafter and the case was settled out of court...

dunn, larry, and the rest of the captain sav-a-floyd's, omit all of this and just say pac refused to take a test because it vindicates floyd of any accountability in the matter
              More lies. when did I ever omit this?

If you are going to post this then also post that Floyd went down to 14 days as a compromise and Manny still said no.

Also, in the past, you have justified this move by saying he shouldn't have to do what Floyd wanted because he was 1b to Floyd's 1a blah blah blah.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-17-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

does that mean shane is lying
                I don't know that this is real. You didn't post the link. You could be making it up or it could have come from a fake website like the other trash you posted initially.

Comment

Well if Manny keeps tuning down the fight, I don't know how Floyd refused to fight him. Well that is convenient to say they weren't realistic opponents. It just seems like the posters that hate Floyd will go out of their way to justify these guys not fighting him.

It has been detailed why some of these fights didn't occur. Not fighting them isn't the same as refusing to fight them. If it is the same, all I ask is we do the same with every fighter, not just Floyd.

Before he was the cash cow he clearly couldn't get the fights he asked for. Now if you blame him, then again, just keep it the same for everyone.
                  Winky wanted the fight....

Print story Subscribe to the Times
                  Boxing

Wright-Mayweather bout is off as talks break down

Winky Wright's promoter says a last-minute shift in the money split has shelved the anticipated fight, at least temporarily.

By JOHN C. COTEY, Times Staff Writer
                  Published July 22, 2005
                  It's back to the drawing board for St. Petersburg's Winky Wright as negotiations to fight 140-pound champion Floyd Mayweather fell apart Thursday morning at a meeting in Las Vegas.

"As of right now, it's no deal - they changed the money on me at the last second," said promoter Gary Shaw, who said he was close to finalizing the fight when he walked into Top Rank and Bob Arum's office Thursday.

But within seconds, he said, the deal evaporated.

damn.....within seconds, the deal evaporated...

sound familiar?

Comment

I don't know that this is real. You didn't post the link. You could be making it up or it could have come from a fake website like the other trash you posted initially.
                    making it up with quotes attached? that ain't smart

everything else i posted you can check out yaself

Comment

Winky wanted the fight....

Print story Subscribe to the Times
                      Boxing

Wright-Mayweather bout is off as talks break down

Winky Wright's promoter says a last-minute shift in the money split has shelved the anticipated fight, at least temporarily.

By JOHN C. COTEY, Times Staff Writer
                      Published July 22, 2005
                      It's back to the drawing board for St. Petersburg's Winky Wright as negotiations to fight 140-pound champion Floyd Mayweather fell apart Thursday morning at a meeting in Las Vegas.

"As of right now, it's no deal - they changed the money on me at the last second," said promoter Gary Shaw, who said he was close to finalizing the fight when he walked into Top Rank and Bob Arum's office Thursday.

But within seconds, he said, the deal evaporated.

damn.....within seconds, the deal evaporated...

sound familiar?
                      No, it sounds like they couldn't reach a deal. But hey, I know you will blame Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X