Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    i just like to know how is this resume with no atg's in their prime to speak of, is gonna look any different 20 years from now...
    His resume is filled with top level opponents. Once Hatton, Cotto, JMM, Manny, Shane and Canelo get elected into the HOF, it will look that much better. Then you add in Genaro, Corrales, Castillo 2x, Zab and Manfredy. Then the lesser champions.

IYO and that of other disgruntled Manny fans and Floyd haters, it has no prime ATG's. That criticism has no validity whatsoever (well outside of the dregs here at NSB) because, as I've mentioned to you before, those men you wanted him to fight chose not to fight Floyd in their primes because he was high risk, low reward.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      This is what you wish and hope four in a utopia workd. That's why threads like this is made up by Floyd fans. Floyd fans who keep questioning why haters keep talking about him?
      But reality is Floyd is too much of a figure of fun. Too much ammunition Floyd has given people that it takes away from resume.
      So reality it won't age well.
      If you thought it wouldn't age well, you wouldn't have erased your post listing all the names he had to beat to be an ATG after he beat all of them.

So you have absolutely no credibility!

Comment

It is a great resume there's absolutely no way around it and he is a great fighter. The problem is his fanboys who masturbate over him are on a crusade every day to tell you he's the best ever and that every other fighter sucks for a, b, c, d, e, x, y, z reasons and they try to bring down every older fighter too and diminish fighters they've never seen fight or heard of (straight to boxrec). Yet every one of his opponents is bigged up - just in the last 2 weeks and this thread I've seen a lot of his fanatics claim - Pacquaio was a great win for Mayweather but not for Marquez (i.e Pac was in his prime in 2015), Judah is better than Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Pacquaio, Hatton is better than Hearns, Duran and Hagler, Gatti was a better fighter than Tszyu, Corrales was a better fighter than Duran. Catch weights are evil but if Floyd does them it's fine, it's evil to fight a guy off a loss but it's fine for Floyd, it's harder to become a world champion in the 2010's than it was in the 1960's etc; etc; etc;

It's a great resume by an all-time great fighter but despite being the shot caller in the sport for one reason or another he only fought 2 greats his entire career and neither was remotely prime so he lacks truly special wins. He has a lot of good wins but it doesn't stack up against some of the absolute best fighters of all-time.

The fanboys cry if you place him anywhere outside the top 1 ever. Top 50 is a fair and great ranking I'm not sure why there's a crusade against that. If you suggest he's not the most entertaining fighter ever you are labeled a casual by a fan base that's made up mostly of casuals and fanboys with limited knowledge and/or respect for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          It is a great resume there's absolutely no way around it and he is a great fighter. The problem is his fanboys who masturbate over him are on a crusade every day to tell you he's the best ever and that every other fighter sucks for a, b, c, d, e, x, y, z reasons and they try to bring down every older fighter too and diminish fighters they've never seen fight or heard of (straight to boxrec). Yet every one of his opponents is bigged up - just in the last 2 weeks and this thread I've seen a lot of his fanatics claim - Pacquaio was a great win for Mayweather but not for Marquez (i.e Pac was in his prime in 2015), Judah is better than Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Pacquaio, Hatton is better than Hearns, Duran and Hagler, Gatti was a better fighter than Tszyu, Corrales was a better fighter than Duran. Catch weights are evil but if Floyd does them it's fine, it's evil to fight a guy off a loss but it's fine for Floyd, it's harder to become a world champion in the 2010's than it was in the 1960's etc; etc; etc;

It's a great resume by an all-time great fighter but despite being the shot caller in the sport for one reason or another he only fought 2 greats his entire career and neither was remotely prime so he lacks truly special wins. He has a lot of good wins but it doesn't stack up against some of the absolute best fighters of all-time.

The fanboys cry if you place him anywhere outside the top 1 ever. Top 50 is a fair and great ranking I'm not sure why there's a crusade against that. If you suggest he's not the most entertaining fighter ever you are labeled a casual by a fan base that's made up mostly of casuals and fanboys with limited knowledge and/or respect for the sport.
          Which Floyd fans tell you he is the best ever? What people get upset when you don't list him as #1? Please be specific.

Often, posters throw out claims like this without naming people so it feels like they are over exaggerating. When you go back and check things many of those making this claim (not saying you) are flat out lying and doing so to justify their dislike of Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            If you thought it wouldn't age well, you wouldn't have erased your post listing all the names he had to beat to be an ATG after he beat all of them.

So you have absolutely no credibility!
            Floyd will always be associated with trying to get things in his favour and not giving advantages away if he could at all help it that's bottom line. I didn't just make that up.
            I've said Floyd will do well to be top 20. His resume won't age so well that you see him creeping up as years go by. That's not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Floyd will always be associated with trying to get things in his favour and not giving advantages away if he could at all help it that's bottom line. I didn't just make that up.
              I've said Floyd will do well to be top 20. His resume won't age so well that you see him creeping up as years go by. That's not going to happen
              All the cash cows in boxing get things in their favor. To suggest it will be seen differently only when Floyd does it makes no sense.

As I said, you listed the guys he had to beat to be an ATG. When he beat then all, instead of just being a man and posting "Ok, Floyd is an ATG", you deleted the post to try and hide like a coward.

Lucky for all of us, a few posters sigged it so you can't hide your lack of integrity, your hatred or your hypocrisy.

You have no credibility.

Comment

His resume is filled with top level opponents. Once Hatton, Cotto, JMM, Manny, Shane and Canelo get elected into the HOF, it will look that much better. Then you add in Genaro, Corrales, Castillo 2x, Zab and Manfredy. Then the lesser champions.

IYO and that of other disgruntled Manny fans and Floyd haters, it has no prime ATG's. That criticism has no validity whatsoever (well outside of the dregs here at NSB) because, as I've mentioned to you before, those men you wanted him to fight chose not to fight Floyd in their primes because he was high risk, low reward.
                first off, nobody but floyd boys acknowledge the excuses for why fights aren't made..the real world acknowledges who you beat and when you beat them...

and don't be suprised if guys like corrales, castillo, zab, manfredy, and hatton, even get inducted into the hall...

he may earn a couple of points atg-wise if canelo forges an all-time great career, but that seems like a long shot at best...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  first off, nobody but floyd boys acknowledge the excuses for why fights aren't made..the real world acknowledges who you beat and when you beat them...

and don't be suprised if guys like corrales, castillo, zab, manfredy, and hatton, even get inducted into the hall...

he may earn a couple of points atg-wise if canelo forges an all-time great career, but that seems like a long shot at best...
                  It is always who you beat and when you beat them. But history remembers things like SRL having the fake presser than fighting Hagler 5 years later, Bowe dumping his title rather than fighting Lewis, Shane's toothache and Manny's refusal.

Only here in NSB do certain posters somehow forget these events or hold floyd accountable for these actions. History will not do that.

If Corrales gets in (might but I would not vote for him) and Canelo goes on to an ATG career it only enhances the way his resume looks on paper.

Comment

It is always who you beat and when you beat them. But history remembers things like SRL having the fake presser than fighting Hagler 5 years later, Bowe dumping his title rather than fighting Lewis, Shane's toothache and Manny's refusal.

Only here in NSB do certain posters somehow forget these events or hold floyd accountable for these actions. History will not do that.

If Corrales gets in (might but I would not vote for him) and Canelo goes on to an ATG career it only enhances the way his resume looks on paper.
                    believe me, outside of these forums, nobody cares who's to blame as to why floyd took years to make a pac fight, and fought cotto and shane past their best...everybody understands that floyd was on his own timetable as to when he made certain fights happen, because he was his own boss and crowed about that fact ad nauseum...in the same breath trying to say its the other guys fault all the time is nothing but buck passing...

to date floyd's best wins remain an undefeated corrales, an undefeated hatton, and an undefeated alvarez...

corrales and hatton faded out of sight after floyd, and alvarez isn't looking too world class @ mw...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      believe me, outside of these forums, nobody cares who's to blame as to why floyd took years to make a pac fight, and fought cotto and shane past their best...everybody understands that floyd was on his own timetable as to when he made certain fights happen, because he was his own boss and crowed about that fact ad nauseum...in the same breath trying to say its the other guys fault all the time is nothing but buck passing...

to date floyd's best wins remain an undefeated corrales, an undefeated hatton, and an undefeated alvarez...

corrales and hatton faded out of sight after floyd, and alvarez isn't looking too world class @ mw...
                      I was talking about historians who document what happened. I think casual fans only care who won and who lost. While Floyd may be his own boss, he can't force another man to a PED test or accept a $40 mil offer.

Unbiased fans will remember the facts. We know the opinions of those that hate Floyd or are fans of one of the guys he beat will present a skewed non factual version of what happened out of anger or frustration. Says more about that individual than it does Floyd or his career.

Interesting, they faded out of site after Floyd ended their unbeaten records. Shows that Floyd really dominated them. Usually we give fighters credit for that. Of course you are suggesting it negatively reflects on both and thus Floyd's resume.

You can't make Manny better so you always go out of your way to elevate guys Floyd didn't fight or lower the ones he defeated in an attempt to lessen Floyd. Is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X