Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Garcia, Legendary Cutman, Passes Away at 88

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts and prayers for the Garcia family.

Real talk.

Comment

RIP O.G.

Can't recall the fight but I remember Floyd getting a cut and Rafael stops the bleeding immediately as if there was no cut at all. One of those rare moments where you realize how good his camp really was at their jobs. This guy was one of the best.

Comment

RIP. Never thought he was that old.

Comment

Steward, Szdunek and now Garcia, some quality corner men gone in the last few years. RIP.

Comment

RIP...perfect example of how black and brown folks can work well with one another, despite their cultural differences (Floyd & Garcia).

Comment

A great guy. May you go into a better reincarnation!

Comment

rest in peace.

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

- r.i.p -

If you’ve watched a championship fight in the last 50 years, you’ve seen Las Vegas’ Rafael Garcia in the corner. In his trademark Kangol cap, adorned with pins symbolizing the many countries to which the sport has taken him, the diminutive 83-year-old stands out in any entourage.

But it’s the unsung work of the cut man that has made Garcia invaluable to such champions as Roberto Duran, Alexis Arguello, Wilfredo Gomez, Edwin Rosario, James Toney, Iran Barkley and Chad Dawson.

Nice little article below.
                    http://vegasseven.com/2012/05/03/cornerman/

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      RIP O.G.

Can't recall the fight but I remember Floyd getting a cut and Rafael stops the bleeding immediately as if there was no cut at all. One of those rare moments where you realize how good his camp really was at their jobs. This guy was one of the best.
                      Had to be the first Maidana fight it was the only time Mayweather got cut

Comment

Working...
                      X