Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager: Jacobs Was 172, 173 Against Arias; Jackson a Bitter Man!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People and even hardcore fans that haven’t done this kind of thing simply don’t understand. A highschool wrestler would have some idea but you can dehydrate your body and make weight and then rehydrate and gain 20 pounds in a day easy. Some guys seem to be genetically suited to it where another guy who is also in incredible shape just can’t. Arturo Gatti was a guy that could put on 20 pounds over night. Either way Jocobs was And Is a better fighter. Also you can’t blame a guy for doing what he can within the rules to have an advantage. If I was a champion and had some way to write it into my contract I would have a weigh in day of fight to fight Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Danny wasn’t no 172-173, period. He refuses HBO pre-fight weigh in for a reason. As soon as someone forces him to weight in you will no doubt see him at 185. And if they put a rehydration clause on him and force him into extensive testing, we know damn well he’ll looked diminished.

Having said that, Neither doesn’t Charlo Get tested year round. And Charlo first 160 fight he was tested leading into the fight and couldn’t put down a gimp.

None of its proof, but unless guys are tested, I’m not giving benefit of doubt. There’s no reason not to test.

how the fk would you know ?

muppet

Comment

Haha no way he was below 180, what a fookin liar. If he was 172 only he would have stepped on that HBO scale. What a piece of shit liar.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          he could weigh 500 pounds on fight night, if he makes the contracted weight the day before. fight night weights seem to be a trending obsession these days
          Not obsession, just a continuing thread in what is supposed to be a sport where weights are used to create an even playing field .... except when they don't.

Rules get created and then if not technically broken the spirit they were created in certainly is.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
            Lol what's the problem with just saying you rehydrate big? A lot of fighters do that, since when is this a big deal?

The only news here to me is that Jacobs started denying it. His own people were saying he was 180, 182 against Golovkin, then months later Jacobs claimed he was only 175. Now same thing this fight. Just call Arias a sore loser, you don't have to hide your rehydration. It's pretty obvious (refusing to weigh in on fight day) and you sound guilty denying it.
            Boxing is a sport. Equals level playing field >> which is why weights exist so that similar sized fighters fight each other. Having the ability to cut weight and then massively rehydrate has nothing to do with boxing skill as far as I can make out but DOES give one boxer a definite advantage come fight night.

Comment

On fight night Golovkin & Jacobs looked the exact same size to me.
              Golovkin fans even have a problem with other 160 pound fighter's size , but don't have a problem what so ever with their hero dwarfing the 147 pounder's he faces & wants to face.

Comment

Who cares, Jacobs still beat the **** out of Arias

Comment

Working...
                X