No announcement yet.

Can “HBO Presents Jacobs vs Andrade” do more than 97k PPV? Real Brooklyn WAR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    sounds like when canelo was on floyds undercard...
    Floyd’s been around. Never needed Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
      Floyd’s been around. Never needed Alvarez
      ah ok. the incredible flip flopping poster.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        GGG's ppvs did better. I think the first one with Lemiuex topped off around 150k while the Jacobs fight sold around 170k. For that reason I don't think a card headlined by Jacobs vs. Andrade does even that much. I see that as a fight that doesn't even break 100k. Jacobs isn't a huge name and Andrade is a no-name by comparison. I just don't see the big name matchup with fighters under Hearns control that would make sense unless you work with another promoter like PBC to work in a exciting co-main event.
        Nope they did 97k. Loeffler acknowledged the reports of 97k as what they “expected” as good news..

HBO didn’t like that and trolled headlines that it did 150k. Loeffler never even hyped the second attempt of the PPV headlines.

Jacobs will carry the Andrade PPV, and the co-main ironically the fundamental booster
        Last edited by Lester Tutor; 11-12-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          ah ok. the incredible flip flopping poster.
          Floyd was a p4p bonafide made man before Nelo even scratched the scene. Stay in ur lane son

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
            Nope they did 97k. Loeffler acknowledged the reports of 97k as what they “expected” as good news..

HBO didn’t like that and trolled headlines that it did 150k. Loeffler never even hyped the second attempt of the PPV headlines.
            I am not sure where you're getting the Loeffler confirmed only 97k buys thing when I have multiple articles on both ppvs where he specifically mentions roughly 150k buys for the Lemieux fight and roughly 170k for the Jacobs fight. Espn, boxingscene, yahoo sports, boxing news 24 (which is a ***** site but still). Don't see a single thing confirming what you said.

http://www.************.com/2017/03/...-ppv-buys-hbo/

Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions has confirmed the 170,000 PPV buys for the Golovkin-Jacobs fight on HBO. What this means for boxing is not likely good.

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...jacobs--114699

Loeffler previously confirmed Golovkin’s eighth-round stoppage of David Lemieux drew just over 150,000 pay-per-view buys. That October 2015 fight at Madison Square Garden marked Golovkin’s debut as a pay-per-view headliner.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...001737498.html

Gennady Golovkin easily took care of business inside the ring at Madison Square Garden on Saturday when he routed David Lemieux in their middleweight title unification bout. It wasn't as easy on the business side, but promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 on Thursday pronounced Triple-G's pay-per-view debut a success.

Loeffler said the fight sold slightly more than 150,000 pay-per-view units, turning a profit in Golovkin's debut. He admitted that after the quick sellout of the tickets, he got caught up in the hype and spoke publicly about exceeding 200,000, but said the promotion had budgeted for 150,000 all along.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-per-view-buys

The Gennady Golovkin-David Lemieux middleweight title unification fight on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York generated "just over" 150,000 pay-per-view buys, K2 Promotions managing director Tom Loeffler told ESPN.com on Thursday night.

"It will do just over 150,000 buys, which was the number we originally based things on when we talked to [Lemieux promoter] Golden Boy about making the fight to determine how much Lemieux would need and what Gennady would need," Loeffler said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-daniel-jacobs

Pound-for-pound king and unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin's unanimous decision win against Daniel Jacobs on March 18 at New York's Madison Square Garden generated about 170,000 buys on HBO PPV, K2 Promotions managing director Tom Loeffler told ESPN.

In his second fight as a pay-per-view headliner, Golovkin saw improvement from his first foray onto PPV; his October 2015 world title unification fight against David Lemieux -- whom he thrashed in a one-sided eighth-round knockout, also at Madison Square Garden -- garnered 153,000 buys.

Jacobs will carry the Andrade PPV, and the co-main ironically the fundamental booster
            Jacobs vs Andrade will struggle to sell that much without a compelling co-main event. Well as of right now anyway. Eddie Hearn is promoting Jacobs now so maybe he'll do better.
            Last edited by yankees7448; 11-12-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

This would be a hellova fight. Andrade beat Jacobs in the amateurs but I would favour Jacobs now

Comment

Working...
              X