Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless Rigo miraculously beats Loma, which I highly doubt, SSR is the fighter of the year easily. 2 wins over Roman Gonzalez rank way higher than a win over a 41 yr old inactive Klitschko and Takam on 12 days notice and also rank higher than wins over Diaz and Indongo, it's not even close.
    SSR 2017 fighter of the year!!!🥊

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Crawford - 4 nominations

Rungvisai - 2 nominations

Joshua - 1 nomination

Also guys, it's important to read this, form this point on, I will only be accepting nominations if they are through the correct system: listing from 1 to 3 in order of best to worst.

BrometheusBob. do you know the mod you can sticky this?
      SSR 1
      Mikey Garcia 2
      Andre Ward 3
      Crawford 4
      Nery 5

Comment

1. Wilder
        2. Crawford
        3. Mikey Garcia

Comment

1. Sor Rungvisai
          2. Crawford
          3. GGG

If Loma wins replace him with GGG's spot.

1. While I do not believe Sor Rungvisai won the first fight, it was extremely close and gave one of the best p4p fighters a lot of trouble. He gets the decision, gives him a rematch, and absolutely takes the soul away from one of the best p4p fighters. I do not believe Choclatito would have given an immediate rematch to Runvisai say Choc got the decision.

2. People can argue that Crawford doesn't exactly have the strongest resume but he cleaned out the division he was in and became undisputed champion. He did what he had to do and will attempt the same thing in the welterweight division now.

3. He beat Jacobs, the second best middleweight 7-5 (My opinion) and scored a knockdown. He gave Canelo a rough time and scored a draw, which should have been a victory... two good fights against good names.

Loma should replace GGG considering GGG had a draw, and a good win that some argue he lost. Loma beat overmatched opponents but in great fasion. Clearly beating a superior fighter in Rigo will take him from my number 3 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Crawford

Rungvisai

Golovkin

In that order.

The outcome of Loma-Rigo is irrelevant for FOTY award for obvious reasons.
            Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            SSR 1
            Mikey Garcia 2
            Andre Ward 3
            Crawford 4
            Nery 5
            I'm only taking your top 3

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            1. Wilder
            2. Crawford
            3. Mikey Garcia
            Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
            1. Sor Rungvisai
            2. Crawford
            3. GGG

If Loma wins replace him with GGG's spot.

1. While I do not believe Sor Rungvisai won the first fight, it was extremely close and gave one of the best p4p fighters a lot of trouble. He gets the decision, gives him a rematch, and absolutely takes the soul away from one of the best p4p fighters. I do not believe Choclatito would have given an immediate rematch to Runvisai say Choc got the decision.

2. People can argue that Crawford doesn't exactly have the strongest resume but he cleaned out the division he was in and became undisputed champion. He did what he had to do and will attempt the same thing in the welterweight division now.

3. He beat Jacobs, the second best middleweight 7-5 (My opinion) and scored a knockdown. He gave Canelo a rough time and scored a draw, which should have been a victory... two good fights against good names.

Loma should replace GGG considering GGG had a draw, and a good win that some argue he lost. Loma beat overmatched opponents but in great fasion. Clearly beating a superior fighter in Rigo will take him from my number 3 spot.
            Good explanations

Comment

So, as it stands:

Crawford - 19

Rungvisai - 12

Joshua - 6

Golovkin - 6

M Garcia - 5

Ward - 3

Spence - 1

Garcia with that many votes is shocking, then again some guy voted for Wilder in his top spot so I guess the race/national game will decide this.

Comment

Thanks -MEGA-
                Last edited by soul_survivor; 11-15-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

What about some less highlighted ones. Miguel Berchelt did good this year, vs Francisco Vargas n Takashi Miura.
                  Jmall Charlo sounded his name, had good wins vs Trout n Julian Williams.

Comment

vote goes to sor... only because he was a nobody and wasnt given much of a chance.

crawford and joshua were the favorite in their matches so it was no surprise when they came out victorious.

Comment

crawford or rungvisai if he beats estrada later on this year

Comment

Working...
                      X