Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder wants 50-50 split with AJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deontay said he doesn’t care about money and he’s backing that statement up with a very generous offer. He’s a stand up guy! I don’t know what else AJ could want.

Comment

He should want 50/50 and why would he start from any other pother position in negotiations? Do people not get how negotiations work? Besides you will never get what you don't ask for~

He won't get 50% of the fighters split because the UK revenue is going to heavily favor Joshua as it should. That is if the fight goes down in the US or the UK. Assuming it goes like 90/10 UK split for Joshua and that would be pretty generous, the only reason to give Wilder 10 is to make him interested in selling the fight in the market rather than forcing Joshua to do all the work because Wilder would have no incentive to help out.

Now the rest of the world revenue Wilder could argue 50/50 but in terms of what that brings overall he would be lucky to get 30% total. Still he would be making north of 10 and Joshua would probably be getting like 25 or more (which is why Joshua and Hearn will pay Wilder he will make them the most), and those figures could be easy to reach if the build is done right they could do better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        He should want 50/50 and why would he start from any other pother position in negotiations? Do people not get how negotiations work? Besides you will never get what you don't ask for~

He won't get 50% of the fighters split because the UK revenue is going to heavily favor Joshua as it should. That is if the fight goes down in the US or the UK. Assuming it goes like 90/10 UK split for Joshua and that would be pretty generous, the only reason to give Wilder 10 is to make him interested in selling the fight in the market rather than forcing Joshua to do all the work because Wilder would have no incentive to help out.

Now the rest of the world revenue Wilder could argue 50/50 but in terms of what that brings overall he would be lucky to get 30% total. Still he would be making north of 10 and Joshua would probably be getting like 25 or more (which is why Joshua and Hearn will pay Wilder he will make them the most), and those figures could be easy to reach if the build is done right they could do better.
        You see this is a very reasonable post but my gut feeling is guys like you are only talking like this because Wilder is american. If it was someone from a different country you'd be straight to the conclusion that they are pricing themselves out from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          People laughed at Pacquiao holding out for 50% and Golovkin holding out for 40%, but they got it in the end. When you are clearly the opponent that everyone wants to see, you have more leverage than your numbers might suggest. Joshua's fans won't support him unconditionally forever, they want to see big fights. 60-40 should get this fight made - if either side walks away from that then they would be at fault in my eyes
          Yeah good points.

Said for a while often the 'brand' for a match up becomes bigger than the sum of its parts. GGG vs Canelo was a prime example. Even if the A-side in both cases brings way more to the table, they still need that specific b-side to make that big money match up.

However, 50-50 is still to much. Like you say 60-40 is about right. Duco want 60-40 for Parker, and i reckon they would get about 70-30. Maybe 35 at a stretch. These fights arent a million miles off imo. Starting positions are pretty close considering how early it is in negatiations.

I wonder if David Haye will factor into this if negotiations take a while. If he blitzes Bellew and looks good, he would become probably the biggest money fight for AJ and a legit superfight for the UK. Then AJ doesnt need Wilder as much to make big money.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            You see this is a very reasonable post but my gut feeling is guys like you are only talking like this because Wilder is american. If it was someone from a different country you'd be straight to the conclusion that they are pricing themselves out from the get go.
            I am generally of the belief that dudes want to make money. So they will take fights that pay even if dangerous, this fight pays for everyone involved so it will work out sooner or later.

This fight is money though so it will happen, it is just having fun getting from point a to point b

Comment

50 50 fight is a duck stick to fighting your ranked 50 fighter Deontay

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                Of course, you will say that. I am Nigerian just like you, and dont see a reason why even in the UK, AJ should get a 90/10 split. AJ makes around 15 million pounds for his fight. Why should Wilder make 10% of that when ordinary Pulev was being paif 5 million pounds to take the fight? Is Wilder not worth more than that, especially with his belt and he has reigned longer? He is also undefeated too. So, let's get real.

If AJ deserves 90/10 in the UK, then Wilder deserves 90/10 in the US as well. If Wlad without a belt was given 50% as a former champion, why should Wilder take anything less than 45% to fight AJ in the UK? He will be downright stupid to do that.

I am all for AJ getting more money in the UK, just as Wilder should get more in the US, but based on the factors that matter, the disparity should not be more than 20% at most either way, i.e., 50/50 through to 60/40.

Comment

he is fucking crazy

but credit to him, he knows he is getting fucked up vs joshua so why not get handsomely paid? that's the current mentality

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    Deontay said he doesn’t care about money and he’s backing that statement up with a very generous offer. He’s a stand up guy! I don’t know what else AJ could want.
                    Yup wilder is a true fighter. Joshua might not have a career when he gets done with him so splitting the pie is more than generous from wilder

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                      Of course, you will say that. I am Nigerian just like you, and dont see a reason why even in the UK, AJ should get a 90/10 split. AJ makes around 15 million pounds for his fight. Why should Wilder make 10% of that when ordinary Pulev was being paif 5 million pounds to take the fight? Is Wilder not worth more than that, especially with his belt and he has reigned longer? He is also undefeated too. So, let's get real.

If AJ deserves 90/10 in the UK, then Wilder deserves 90/10 in the US as well. If Wlad without a belt was given 50% as a former champion, why should Wilder take anything less than 45% to fight AJ in the UK? He will be downright stupid to do that.

I am all for AJ getting more money in the UK, just as Wilder should get more in the US, but based on the factors that matter, the disparity should not be more than 20% at most either way, i.e., 50/50 through to 60/40.
                      Pulev was going to get 5 million DOLLARS not pounds while AJ was getting $20 million dollars so right off the bat your numbers are wrong.

You're seriously comparing Wilders selling power to Wlad, who sells out stadiums in Germany and has been on big U.K. PPVs with Haye and Fury. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about, you being Nigerian has nothing to do with that. The fact that you think Wilder deserves just as much as Wlad makes me think you're actually American. They're the only ones that deluded.

Wilder can have 90/10 of the US revenue if he accepts 10% of the UK revenue but I have a sneaky suspicion he wouldn't dare consider that.

AJ is huge in the UK, as long as his opponent is half decent he will sell out stadiums like Wembley and do great numbers on PPV so the question is Wilder going to add significantly to what is already a powerful money train, maybe.... maybe not. I can't see the justification in Wilder getting more than 30%.

The bottom line is chances are that anyone who actually knows who Wilder is, already pays for AJ PPVs or goes to his fights live. Which is why Wilder doesn't have much of case for a large split.

Comment

Working...
                      X