Clear All

Rungvisai is foty

Comment

Crawford or Sor Rungvisai

Comment

Rungvisai, Crawford or GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          GGG - Beat a massive Jacobs and then went on to dominate Canelo, if not for poor judging he would have 2 wins against the 2 other top middleweights

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Rungvisai is foty
            I agree with this, and it's not particularly close.

Rungvisai knocked out an iron chined P4P fighter. Nobody else has anything near that.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Shut ur face!

Comment

The man who brought the marque division back from extinction- AJ.

Comment

Had Mikey Garcia fought one more time this year against a solid opponent he would have been the strongest condidate, but since he will only end up with 2 fights that opens up the discussion.

A lot of people are going to choose Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (aka Wisaksil Wangek), but lets analyze it.
                  Last year when Ward won a controversial decision, against Kovalev, people dismissed him as a possible fighter of the year because of the controversial decision.
                  Sor Rungvisai first fight was a controversial decision against Chocolatito. Even if you think Sor Rungvisai won the first fight that still doesn't take away from the fact that the majority of people felt that Chocolatito won the first fight.
                  We have to keep it fair. We can't say one guy doesn't deserve it after a controversial win and the other guy does.
                  Remember there is a difference from a close competitive fight and a controversial fight.

Before anybody says that Chocolatito was the consensus P4P that is not true. A lot of people were ranking Ward, GGG, and Crawford ahead of him.
                  So he was not the consensus P4P as it was very much still debated.

If Lomachenko beats Rigo he would have a strong case for FOTY. He would end up with 3 fights (Two against World Champions, against Top 10 ranked opposition at the time, and against a top 5 P4P in many people's opinion).
                  I know people are going to say Rigo is small, but this is the fight many of you wanted you can't back out now.
                  That also didn't stop people from giving Crawford the 2014 FOTY when he beat a smaller Gamboa.

Loma has to beat Rigo first obviously, but if he does then he may have the strongest case. Whether people like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    post and discuss....I pick Wisaksil Wangek
                    I agree. He should be a heavy favorite. Giving the p4p champ his first loss then leaving no doubt in a rematch in emphatic fashion in the same year doesn’t happen often. You can argue Crawford for unifying I guess. And Crawford’s my favorite fighter, but it should go to Sor Rungvisai.

Comment

loma if he beats rigo, rigo if he beats loma

Comment

Working...
                      X