Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: 'Gatekeeper' Whyte is The Dirty Rag in Hearn's Pocket!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i understand that wilder's got an underwhelming resume, but white's is no better. it's actually worse. yeah, he fought joshua, but he got beat up and stopped.

wilder was contracted to fight povetkin and contracted to fight ortiz, solid fighters by 2017 HW standards, so surely you don't think he's frightened of white?
    He's not afraid whyte.. let's get real.

But why demand 7million when your last 4 fights have made you 4mil put together? it's an idiotic move.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
      Your write-up shows who the real idiot is. Everyone does not fight for money. Wilder is his own person and fight whomever he wants to. If he wants to fight Breazeale for 1/4 of the price, he is entitled to. If he wants to stick a fork in Eddie Hearn and delusional folks like you, he can do that too. He is not obligated to fight Dillian Whyte. You should be ashamed even supporting Wilder fighting Whyte in spite of how terrible he was.

Wilder also does not need to build any stupid profile in the UK. Only delusional folks like you think that. Even after AJ's fight, Wilder's name was the one mentioned by most of the crowd. Continue with the excuses though....

they all box for money, man. you think al haymon is in it for the purity of the sport ?

where you do have a leg to stand is the idea that wilder doesn't need to fight dillian white to get to anthony joshua. that's something hearn has sold these guys. these guys don't even think whyte is good, has a better resume than wilder, or a chance to win. you can hear it in between the lines of what they're typing. none of htem will be putting money on whyte, that's for sure. and the ones that do are dumber than the ones that don't.

Comment

i understand that wilder's got an underwhelming resume, but white's is no better. it's actually worse. yeah, he fought joshua, but he got beat up and stopped.

wilder was contracted to fight povetkin and contracted to fight ortiz, solid fighters by 2017 HW standards, so surely you don't think he's frightened of white?
        Look i follow boxing unbiased with all my heart and I would say it again, if Wilder fights another no name, no hopers for less money than enhance his summer fight with Joshua then I would be one of the first posters to accuse him of ducking Whyte.

There are many reasons you can duck a fight, not wanting to take a risk is one of them, he is expected to destroy Whyte, so if he doesn’t maybe he thinks he loses out of the Joshua sweepstakes (The same reason Bradley gave for ducking Khan).

It’s all nice and dandy saying Whyte is garbage, but if you avoid $4m to fight that garbage for $1m to fight another garbage then you need your head checked.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Honestly... I just think he's a bit of an idiot and his team are idiots too.

Why would you fight Breazele, a marginally easier fight, for 1/4 of the price of Whyte?

you have to be a stonecold idiot to think that's a better idea.

Not to mention the fact that he'd build his profile and be on PPV for the first time in his life.
          I'm not sure who's advising him maybe they have genuine concerns over losing to Whyte, maybe being stiffed on the cards for instance in the possibility he doesn't stop him.

Do you think he beats Whyte, I do I'm sure he'd stop him but I guess theirs always the chance the doesn't.

What's your take on Breazeale and Whyte, you see them both as top ten heavyweights ? I was really unimpressed by Breazesle against Mansour and Ugonoh, also Whyte I felt look terrible against Chisora, both their defences are abysmal, lets be honest they're not at all very skilled are they ?

I guess the reasoning would be Wilder has concerns Whyte may make him look poor in front of the UK fans and he'd miss out on the bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            I'm not sure who's advising him maybe they have genuine concerns over losing to Whyte, maybe being stiffed on the cards for instance in the possibility he doesn't stop him.

Do you think he beats Whyte, I do I'm sure he'd stop him but I guess theirs always the chance the doesn't.

What's your take on Breazeale and Whyte, you see them both as top ten heavyweights ? I was really unimpressed by Breazesle against Mansour and Ugonoh, also Whyte I felt look terrible against Chisora, both their defences are abysmal, lets be honest they're not at all very skilled are they ?

I guess the reasoning would be Wilder has concerns Whyte may make him look poor in front of the UK fans and he'd miss out on the bigger fight.
            Yeah of course I think he beats Whyte.. I mean Wilder does look like absolute crap most fights, but does have the equalizer and seems to find it in every fight. I'm sure something similar would happen against Whyte.

Well, saying they are top 10 heavies don't really mean much imo. There are 4-5 genuine top heavyweights Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Povetkin and Ortiz. The rest of the heavies are really far away from the level of these guys. Maybe Joe Parker is somewhere just below, but I felt Hughie Fury won that fight but Joe also looked a little soft on the scales.

Breazele is tough, but he sucks at top level. barely landed a punch on AJ and was beaten from pillar to post for 7 rounds and AJ didn't even get outta first gear.

In Whyte's defense, that was the best Chisora I have personally ever seen and I've seen nearly all of his fights. I mean, compare it to last weekend in monaco.. just two totally different fighters.

Whyte looked like dog **** against Helenius though. Didn't help him with the Wilder situation.

Comment

Yeah of course I think he beats Whyte.. I mean Wilder does look like absolute crap most fights, but does have the equalizer and seems to find it in every fight. I'm sure something similar would happen against Whyte.

Well, saying they are top 10 heavies don't really mean much imo. There are 4-5 genuine top heavyweights Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Povetkin and Ortiz. The rest of the heavies are really far away from the level of these guys. Maybe Joe Parker is somewhere just below, but I felt Hughie Fury won that fight but Joe also looked a little soft on the scales.

Breazele is tough, but he sucks at top level. barely landed a punch on AJ and was beaten from pillar to post for 7 rounds and AJ didn't even get outta first gear.

In Whyte's defense, that was the best Chisora I have personally ever seen and I've seen nearly all of his fights. I mean, compare it to last weekend in monaco.. just two totally different fighters.

Whyte looked like dog **** against Helenius though. Didn't help him with the Wilder situation.
              Could it be that Whyte is that poor he makes Chisora look good, are we overrating Whyte ? It's a moot point regardless. The issue at hand is Wilder facing Whyte before AJ earns him a bigger payday versus AJ and 4m for his troubles of boarding a plane to fill the O2 and sell an Hearn ppv before returning for another ppv in a freakin STADIUM next time !

I agree the top five, Psrker Pulev making up 6-7. It's a shame with Ortiz and Pov as they really add depth if included in the division with the like of Parker Pulev followed by the guys on Takam, Breazeale and Whyte level.

Comment

Beontay has become the younger version of Adonis Stevenson.
                He takes his time and picks who he wants to fight, but can't be picked.
                I don't even know where this pu55iness is coming from.

Comment

any decent human being wants to see joshua fight wilder. not sure where this idea that he has to fight dillian freaking white first came from
                  The idea comes from Eddie Hearn.

The same guy who refuses to guarantee Wilder a fight with Joshua if he were to beat Whyte in the UK.

Comment

they all box for money, man. you think al haymon is in it for the purity of the sport ?

where you do have a leg to stand is the idea that wilder doesn't need to fight dillian white to get to anthony joshua. that's something hearn has sold these guys. these guys don't even think whyte is good, has a better resume than wilder, or a chance to win. you can hear it in between the lines of what they're typing. none of htem will be putting money on whyte, that's for sure. and the ones that do are dumber than the ones that don't.
                    You are right that they all box and get paid for it. What I am trying to say is that the money is not always the main driver especially for somebody who already has some money and can take care of his family. Wilder wants legacy defining fights. He tried to get that with Povetkin and Ortiz but the fights fell through. If AJ is at the backend of the contract, Wilder goes to UK and smokes Dillian Whyte under 3. So, I agree with your statement on the relevance of Whyte.

Comment

He's not afraid whyte.. let's get real.

But why demand 7million when your last 4 fights have made you 4mil put together? it's an idiotic move.
                      Because Wilder is a champion who wants to unify with another champion in a big fight. But they want Wilder to "step aside" to protect Joshua. So he's basically saying that since you guys want me to fight Whyte before messing up your golden ticket fighter AJ, then at least make it more worth my while.

AJ and Hearn are playing hardball to avoid Wilder. Wilder is playing hardball to fight AJ. Wilder wants it. AJ/Hearn want to delay Wilder as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X